Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Challenge MT's theory?

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Challenge MT's theory?

There's been pretty strong debate regarding MT's dual elite theory... He's willing to back it all up in a challenge.

http://www.dobberhockey.com/index.ph...d.php&t=110546

Anyone think that they have a better strategy than MT, or are just looking for another league to play in?

Yahoo! One-year H2H league 12-14 team league drafting on Sunday night.

C, C, C, LW, LW, LW, RW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, Util, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR

Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shots on Goal (SOG), Hits (HIT), Blocks (BLK), Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

League ID: 65639
    Password: tandem

you game?
    Dobber Expert Pool Champion 2011-12

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Might have to get in on this - I'm already in a ton of leagues but this is almost too much to pass up. What time Sunday?

Dobber Sports Expert

715 est sunday night

Dobber Sports Legend

How are you going to test MTs theory without giving him his elite tandems?
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Expert

he gets the end pick, so he'll get back to back picks to choose ever he pleases

Dobber Sports Genius

If you really genuinely want to prove my way is better you should just make another 4 man league aside from this one and i'll make two teams (10/12 team depth quality) lineups utilizing my system and you can stack up the other lineups and it'll be my strategy vs. yours 23 times a piece and see who finishes with more W's in the end. Default settings. You can do something like this as well on top of this other league if you want a greater sample size of data to analyze.

Not sure if I can make it but will definitely join if I can... keep this thread updated with spots remaining maybe?

Dobber Sports Genius

I thought we were bagging this utility spot if theres 14F rolling a week then of course this already depreciates the value of what I do in advance.

If we do

C,C,C,RW,RW,RW,LW,LW,LW,D,D,D,D,G,G

Weekly rosters then this is gonna be an accurate setup to discern exactly who's strategy is better and again if you guys are so secure that my system isn't better than this should not be a problem. Everyone already knows in advance if I have to run 14 forwards a week as opposed to 9 then of course my forward depth trumps the potency of a superior strategy in that setting before the season even starts. If everyone is packing 9 a piece in a 12 man league then you'll see who's approach carries the most weight plus Most public cash leagues both CBS and Yahoo are only like C,C,LW,LW,RW,RW,D,D,D,D,G,G so bumping that up to 3C,3RW,3LW slots is the ideal way to go about it, again, if you genuinely want to see my system work it's magic in H2H.
    Last edited by MT319; September 30, 2011 at 11:23 AM.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Not sure if I can make it but will definitely join if I can... keep this thread updated with spots remaining maybe?
    Bro just join up what's the big deal you're gonna be on Yahoo anyway managing teams so what's adding one more to the mix

Quote Originally Posted by MT319 View Post
    Bro just join up what's the big deal you're gonna be on Yahoo anyway managing teams so what's adding one more to the mix
    I can deal with another league, just don't know if I can make the draft time yet.

Dobber Sports Ninja

This will not end well.

Dobber Sports Genius

Exactly..because you recognize the potency of my system

Dobber Sports Ninja

No, here's why.

MT wins the pool - He rejoices, others give reasons why it wasn't the Tandems that did the job.

MT gets 2nds in the Pool - He rejoices and says it proves his system, others say 'But you didn't win'

MT ends up middle of the pack - People say the system doesn't work, MT gives reasons why it wasn't a fair test.

MT ends up in the basement - People trash the system, MT calls us all gay.

This is a no win situation. But it is fun. And fantasy hockey should be fun (which is why I am only in one, fun league this year)

Dobber Sports Genius

Nope, MT doesn't care what the end result is as MT already knows the value of his system, best case scenario they learn the hard way for themselves, worst case scenario they continue to stay in the dark on their ends...has nothing to do with me regardless of the end result.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I might be more interested in doing this hockey pool if the stipulation is if you don't get top 2 then you have to post a picture of yourself hugging another man in a speedo.