Thread: 12th Forward, need advice!!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default 12th Forward, need advice!!

Down to my last forward. Position specific to RW. Its a keeper league, but I'm more concerned with picking who is likely to have the better season this year, with a slight eye on 3 year potential.

Pierre Marc Bouchard
    Wolski
    Wheeler

The Magnificent One

I'm not too high on any of these guys, but I'd pick PMB because Wolski will do what he always does, which is make a decent splash and then play his way onto the 4th line or press box, particularly with a hard-line coach like Tortorella. And to me, Wheeler is like a less talented version of Dustin Penner in that although he's got the size and raw skills, he just doesn't put up good stats year after year. In Boston he did well his rookie season, then vanished. I fear that after his decent partial year with Atlanta/Winnipeg that he's due to a poor season this year.

That leaves PMB, who certainly does have health concerns but who otherwise is a consistent 55-60 point player with possible higher upside depending on where he plays on the PP.

Dobber Sports Expert

I'd go with Bouchard, but with a big asterisk due to those concussion issues. I'm way higher on Wheeler than most as I think he'll thrive with top 6 minutes this year in Winnipeg. Wolski....yuck!
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,