Thread: John Tavaras or Claude Giroux

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default John Tavaras or Claude Giroux

in a very large dynasty league - draft. Thus this player will be the foundation of my team. H2H

Roster Positions: C, C, C, LW, LW, LW, RW, RW, RW, F, F, D, D, D, D, D, D, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR, IR

Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shots on Goal (SOG), Hits (HIT), Blocks (BLK)
    Goaltenders Stat Categories: Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Tavaras for me - and not really close. The upside and pure talent is better, and see the isles getting better and stronger in next few years.
    Scooter
    -------------------------------------------------
    C - Hughes (C/LW), Mackinnon (C), Ek (C),
    LW - Stutzle (LW), Raymond (LW/RW), Joshua (C/LW)
    RW - Rantanen (RW), Giouroux (C/RW). Bjorkstrand (RW), Mantha (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Makar, Seider, L Hughes, Matheson, Faber
    G - Saros, Levi, Luukkonen
    IR -
    -------------------------------------------------
    12 team league - 19 on Roster (+4 IR)
    8 keepers, 5 bench, Weekly H2H league,
    11 cat's G,A,PPP,+/-,SOG,PIM,GWG,Hits & W,SV%,GAA
    2 Start at C, LW,RW and G and 4 D.
    55 Moves Regular Season (re-set to 8 for Play-Offs)
    Daily Line-Up Changes[/SIZE][/FONT]

Banned

Personally I think they're both going to wind up very comparable players in terms of their points production and they're both going to be on the top line and the top PP. Maybe JT has a slight advantage simply because he is THE guy in NY as opposed to the depth on PHI but I still don't think it will be a big margin. Add to that the fact that Giroux is going to get you far more in the way of the secondary stats like Hits and Blocked Shots and that advantage is again wiped out. You should feel confident building your team around either guy, they will likely be a wash when all is said and done

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Giroux for me here,I would much rather build around a winger than a center.I also think that both are THE MAN on their respective teams and like Mcgoo said Giroux will get you better peripherals.
    2010 and 2014 IceHoles League champion
    16 Team Dynasty League,H2H Scoring 1.5 PTS g,1 PT assist,PPG + 1 additional,SHG +1.5 Additional,.1 pts per PIM wins 4 pts shutout 3 pts ga -1 sv .08
    C Backes,Bonino,Lee ,Nelson,Tierney
    LW Cammalerri,Benn,Kunitz,Zetterberg
    RW Kessel,Hossa,Pominville,Saad
    D Barrie,OEL,McDonagh,Josi,Chara
    G Luongo,Rinne,Allen
    Minors Buchnivich,Kempe,H.Samuelsson,Kapanen,Lindell,Were nski,Sproul,M.Jones,S.Williams,Gillies,Darling

Dobber Sports Wizard

Goals - edge to Tavares. He should outscore Giroux by a healthy margain on a regular basis, 10-15 goals.
    Assists - edge to Giroux. Probably by the same margin as Tavares in goals but probably less. I see Tavares outpointing Giroux by 5-ish points.
    Plus/Minus - edge to Giroux now but this is largely a team stat and as NYI get better as a team (which they are), Tavares' plus/minus should improve.
    Penalty Minutes - a wash.
    Powerplay Points - slight edge to Tavares.
    Shots on Goal - big edge to Tavares. He will be a regular 250+ and occasionally 300+ SOG guy. Giroux might break 200 one season or two.
    Hit - edge to Giroux. Tavares is just not that physical whereas Giroux got 117 last year and 76 the year before. Will probably settle around 100. Tavares will probably get around 30-40.
    Blocks - slight edge to Giroux but this is a category that you use your D to fill so we can largely ignore

Overall, I like Tavares over Giroux, slightly. Tavares excels in the categories that are harder to fill, like goals points, while Giroux excels in categories easier to fill, like assists and hits. The fact that W is harder to fill than C is a reason I only prefer Tavares slightly.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.