Thread: Battle of the Brutes.

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Battle of the Brutes.

Jared Boll (725K) Vs. Brandon Prust(800K) who is better for the Roster spot of Enforcer for the upcoming season? I wanna maximize for who will play more games as well as our Enforcer stats tracked for this spot and correlating point values, which are:

PIMS (.2), Fight (2), Minor (1) Maj. (2) Match P. (-2), Instig. (1)

I have Prust but am leaning towards Boll as he has usually had more fights than Prust in the past 4 seasons. What do you guys think?
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Dobber Sports Ninja

For your enforcer roles is it just those stats that are counted or are G, A, etc. counted as well, because if they are counted then this is Prust easily.

I don't know about the misconducts/fights etc. but if Boll decimates Prust in your scoring settings then I would likely go with Boll..though if it is close given your point system then Prust is the guy I want because he's essentially guaranteed to be in the roster night in and night out. Tortorella loves him.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Expert

Yeah B0n, for that roster spot those are the only cats the player can accumulate points for (they get no points for goals etc, only the listed aformentioned cats). Essentially I want an enforcer who gets tons of non ejection type penalties and fights like a man beast. My only worry about Boll is if he ends up having to split time with Dorsett. If that be the case and his penalty minutes take a small hit I'm probably better off keeping the guy who I'm sure will get more quality ice minutes to get down and dirty .
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

Farm (Max 200 GP):

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies

Dobber Sports Wizard

rangers brought in rupp so that prust doesnt have to handle the heavy weights anymore thats something to keep in mind when drafting prust for pims

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Expert

Anyone else want to chime in. Dobbs has Boll predicted at 176 Pims while Prust is 130 ish, that's quite a jump in the fantasy point department. Again I do not rely upon this info to make my final decisions as I already have Prust, but is there anything I'm missing here in regards to ice time or player movement? If not wouldn't it seem dumb for me to have Prust over Boll? Just trying to rationalize.

Pro

Farm (Max 200 GP):

Stat Categories

Skaters
    Goalies