View Poll Results: If I keep Parise, should I keep Patrick Kane or Kovy as my other keeper?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kovalchuk

6 46.15%
  • Kane

7 53.85%
  • Doesn't matter

0 0%

Thread: Kovy or P. Kane

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Kovy or P. Kane

Keeper league with 21-man roster. 3 centers, 6 wingers, 5 D.

I can keep two forwards. My options are:

Kovalchuk
    Parise
    Patrick Kane

I definitely plan to keep Parise. I would like to keep Kovy over Kane, but putting everything into the potential trainwreck of NJ makes me uneasy. The fact their best center (Zajac) is out until at least November doesn't fill me with confidence, either.

I suppose the safe play would be keep Parise and Kane and try to trade Kovy for a high pick or perhaps a star defenseman. Taking risks with keepers seems bad...but it's Kovy! What would you do? My league counts G, A, STG, STA, +/-, shots, and PIMS.
    Last edited by Dobralov; September 25, 2011 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Added league rules

Dobber Sports Monster

Welcome to the boards!

Don't be scared to keep more than one player from a team. In this case its not exactly a bad thing to keep Kovy with Parise.

In saying that, and looking at you're post you mention trading Kovy for a D-man and keeping Kane and Parise.

I assume you can keep 2 forwards and a D-man?

If this is the case, I would trade either Kovy or Kane for a star D-man instead of trading one of them for a draft pick.

Dobber Sports Star

Given the age factor, I would keep Kane for sure over Kovy. I own both, and it wouldn't be close if I had to choose to let one go.

Kane could should be an 80-90 point player for years, with a chance at 100 points if he takes the next step. At this point, the best you can hope for from Kovy is 80 points, so why not stick with the younger option?
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Expert

I'd go with Kane too. I just can't get past the Devils and the system they play. It always seems that year after year it's always D first. The 1st line in Jersey right now is a bit of a mess, and even when Zajac comes back, does he come back and play well right away, need time after the injury, or revert back to his awful season last year? I just think Kane is a safer bet.
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Dobber Sports Rookie

I keep two D and one G. My dmen are Streit and Burns. I think trading Kovy could easily givw me an upgrade, tho neither are terrible.

Dobber Sports Expert

Even easier decision then. Float Kovy in offers and see what he can bring. With your league tracking +/-, even though the Devils preach D first, Brodeur is older, shakier, and nursing injuries already. Kovy's never been known for his defensive play, and his +/- could be scary again this season.
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Dobber Sports Grand Master

My favorite of the three is Kovy.

Dobber Sports Rookie

I like Kovy because he's exciting and explosive, but I try not to overplay favorites in my league. I don't like Kane personally because he's a young spoiled punk with alleged substance abuse problems, but I'll play him in my league. That said, Parise's my favorite because I love his work ethic, defensive responsibility, leadership, and he's a quality fantasy player.

Anyway, no bites on Kovy yet, but we'll see. I'd even take a first round pick for him if no one's willing to trade a Dman--it's better than losing him back to the pool for nothing.
    Last edited by Dobralov; September 25, 2011 at 1:20 PM. Reason: kane bashing