Thread: Easy one- Hudler or PMB?

The Great One

Default Easy one- Hudler or PMB?

Negotiating a few trades and I suddenly have room to keep one. I personally think its a coin toss but figured Id post on here. Have to make the drop later tonight. Team/league in sig.

Any thoughts?

Dobber Sports Monster

Tough call for sure, just flip the coin, cause any of us that give a response to your question, would be doing the same thing lol

Call heads...

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Both are a gamble. With PMB you're hoping he spends some time on the top line. With Hudler you're hoping he's not playing 3rd line minutes again.

Personally, Hudler would be the one I choose.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

PMB is in a better situation and thus gets my vote.

Both players come with huge risks.
    Last edited by Dean Youngblood; September 24, 2011 at 4:53 PM.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'd much rather have PMB. He's got equal skill, better opportunity, and I just like his play a little more personally.
    12 Team Keeper League, 4 C, 4 LW, 4 RW, 6 D, 1G, 6 BN, 3 IR
    Keep 20 players
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    W, L, GA, SV, SO

C: Toews, Skinner, Eller, Hertl, Granlund, Jenner, Lindholm
    LW: Boedker, Galchenyuk, Silfverberg, M. Richards
    RW: Yakupov, Nichushkin, Gaborik, Setoguchi, Niederreiter
    D: Karlsson, Subban, Goligoski, D. Kulikov, Carlson, Brodin, Trouba
    G: Price, Varlamov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

PMB for me. He started coming along late last year and I think has true 65+ pt. upside.

Hudler has disappointed me too many times to take him again... although I might be holding a grudge here after taking him 3 years in a row (and owning him up to his overseas experiment) and then drafting him again the following year.
    8 Team Auction league: 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench, 5 farm. $1,000,000 salary cap, live auction annually, 3 year contracts, RFA after contract expiry. Player goes back into the draft, manager who keeps an RFA has the opportunity to match the highest bid. Keep 15 total PLUS farm team. Farm team counts towards your cap.
    Stats: G,A, PPP, PIM, +/-, Shots, GWG - W, SV%, SO

C: Backstrom $72, Bergeron $30, Malkin $160, TJ $5
    LW: Forsberg $5, Schwartz $5, Schenn $16, JVR $15
    RW: Wheeler $67
    D: Doughty $58, Weber $48, Vatenan $7
    G: Schneider $5 Dubnyck $5

Farm: Gibson $13, Drouin $19, S. Bennett $13, Hubs $23

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I would seriously consider looking to see if there's anyone better or bundling them in a trade.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Teh Doktor View Post
    I would seriously consider looking to see if there's anyone better or bundling them in a trade.
    Lol- funny advice.

I actually am looking at a few moves but Id say either is a viable 12th keeper in a 22 team league- especially one that differentiates wingers and centers. In a standard 12 man type set-up- yeah i dont imiagine either really gets a look- but in our format I dont mind rolling the dice on one. Also I just did a 2 for 1 that landed me Malkin hence why I have to pick one- they were previously my two droppers...

Thanks to everyone- Im really torn on this and might literally flip a coin...

Dobber Sports Ninja

I like PMB quite a bit more. I personally think he could reach 60 points this season if he stays healthy. Drafted him accordingly too. Don't think his scoring was ever in question it's just his health.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Pro

PMB without a doubt. He should be a consistant producer, something that can't be said about Hudler.
    Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League - 2nd Place
    Teams: 12
    Players: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT

Goalies: GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV,SV%,SHO
    Pro(23) Keep(17)
    3C - Toews/Spezza/Rask/Backlund/Dubinsky(LW)
    3LW -Palat/Abdelkader(RW)/Henrique(C)/Soderberg(C)
    3RW - Simmonds/Smith(C)/Little(C)/Jenner(C)/Stafford
    6D - Doughty/Ekman-Larsson/Chara/Braun/Klingberg/Stone/Theodore
    2G - Hellybuyck/Lehner
    IR - Wisniewski/Perreault(C)/Savard/Pavelec
    Farm(10)
    C - Dvorak(LW)
    LW -Lindberg(C)
    RW -
    D - Pulock/Gustafsson
    G - Darling/Hutchinson/Condon/Ullmark//Johnson/Raanta

Dobber Sports Stud

HAHAHA
    PMB over Hudler. Definitely.
    I laugh because it remnds me of the pre-season Hudler/Filpulla thread of a few years ago. Who'd of thought we'd be here regarding Hudler at this point.

I'm going to dig it up just for S's and G's.
    20 Team Pool Points Keeper
    G =1,A=1,PPG=1,PPA=0.5, SHG=1,GWG=1,PIM=0.1,+/-=0.25
    Goalie cats (W=2, SO=3, SV=0.05)

F: Malkin, B.Richards, Franzen, D.Brown, Boedker, Zajac, Atkinson, Scheifele, Read, Boyes
    D: Green, Schultz, Faulk, Goligoski
    G: Crawford

Banned

PMB for me as well

Hudler is overrated on here quite a bit. I took advantage last year, drafted him and traded him right away.

Best move I made all year.

PMB should give you better numbers

The Great One

Wow this is interesting... and enlightening. I think Hudlers true value is harder to gauge than some people are predicting. At one point he was a 57 point player and played a very sound 2 way game to boot. It could be that he just needed a season to re-acclimate. The other thing that worries me about PMB is that much like a guy like Connolly he could have less opportunity now- been bypassed dude to injury. He got those points as pretty much the undisputed topline lw and with all the pp time he could handle. Cullens really emerged as a ppqb and with Heatley/Seto in the fold he might not have the same prime minutes. Could go either way though- less checking pressure, etc- just really hard to read either situation. He was playing at a 55(ish) point season rate if you extrapolate the numbers. Hes also very much assist heavy which is a drawback in this league....

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Lol- funny advice.

I actually am looking at a few moves but Id say either is a viable 12th keeper in a 22 team league- especially one that differentiates wingers and centers. In a standard 12 man type set-up- yeah i dont imiagine either really gets a look- but in our format I dont mind rolling the dice on one. Also I just did a 2 for 1 that landed me Malkin hence why I have to pick one- they were previously my two droppers...

Thanks to everyone- Im really torn on this and might literally flip a coin...
    You know what, I thought I looked at your settings. I didn't. In a 22 team league, yeah, they probably are viable 12th keepers. Sorry about that.

I would still look to try to make a trade, but if you feel you must pick one, I'd go with PMB. Despite his issues.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Teh Doktor View Post
    You know what, I thought I looked at your settings. I didn't. In a 22 team league, yeah, they probably are viable 12th keepers. Sorry about that.

I would still look to try to make a trade, but if you feel you must pick one, I'd go with PMB. Despite his issues.
    No worries and thanks for weighing in- I think Im gonna go with PMB- need to decide by tonight and if nothing else Hudler may be an easier re-draft on top of the other points made- as his value seems less than nil these days- lol!