Thread: R.Shannon/ Peverley/Wheeler

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default R.Shannon/ Peverley/Wheeler

Hi, guys, I posted before about Wheeler. I got him on my bench and I'm not sure if I have 2 keep jumbie drop him 4 Shannon or Peverley. I think both these players have good preseason. What u think: Wheeler, Shannon or Peverley? Thanx

Dobber Sports Stud

This is a tough one. Shannon is having a good pre-season and Peverley is a good player (although I think he's a better real life player than fantasy player in many respects). My advice is to stick to your Wheeler guns.
    24teams;27players(20roster,7bench)dynasty(full keeper);
    Cap league based on NHL salaries (not cap hit);
    pool points:
    F/C: G 4pts; A 4pts; +/- 2pts
    D(min5,max9): G 8pts; A 5pts; +/- 4pts
    G(min2,max3): W 9pts; OTL 5pts; SO 4pts
    extra points for PPP

F:Kucherov,Kessel,Thornton,Galchenyuk,Hornqvist,Tr ochek,Atkinson,Jenner,SamBennett,Namestnikov,Point ,DShore,ZSanford,DStrome,ANylander,Guentzel,Kapane n,Kamenev
    D:Klingberg,Vatanen,Krug,Stralman,Pulock,Hanifin,W alman
    G:Fleury,Murray

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by His Dudeness View Post
    This is a tough one. Shannon is having a good pre-season and Peverley is a good player (although I think he's a better real life player than fantasy player in many respects). My advice is to stick to your Wheeler guns.
    Fully support that. While Shannon and Peverly arenĀ“t bad options i see Wheeler at another level as a lock in WIN top 6.
    Commish of UNFFHL, dangered species being the sole Panthers fan on Dobber.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

The AHL is littered with guys who had good NHL pre-seasons - don't put a lot of stock in it. I guess I would want top know more about your league. Pevs is a C and Wheeler isn't - might that make a difference?

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    The AHL is littered with guys who had good NHL pre-seasons - don't put a lot of stock in it. I guess I would want top know more about your league. Pevs is a C and Wheeler isn't - might that make a difference?

Yup, need more detail, including scoring categories, that makes all the difference.

Incidentally, I like both Wheeler and Peverley to have solid seasons this year. Wheeler really meshed with Ladd/Little at the end of last year and that coupled with his great size guarantees him a spot in that top 6. Peverly could end up with Marchand/Bergeron on a dynamite 2nd line, although it's possible Seguin may wreck those plans - no matter, Peverley is underrated and always seems to provide good fantasy value. Between the two, Peverley will almost certainly give you the better plus/minus, if that counts in your league.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanx, guys, mybleague stats: g(5pts), asst(3pts), Sog, Pmi, +/-, no hits, keeper league.
    P.S., I took Wheeler on the bench, and I have time till October 6 to drop him and pick up another player if I want. If I'll keep him after Oct 6, the next mime I can drop him November 1 if I don't like him.
    So, after Oct 6, I have 2 wait 4 waiver period 2 be able add or drop players...

Dobber Sports Ninja

I would still take Wheeler here.

Though, Shannon is making a decent case for himself. According to the TBL beat writer he thinks that the starting top 6 for the season might end up as:

Shannon-Stamkos-St.Louis
    Malone-Lecavalier-Purcell

At some point though, I would expect Downie to push his way up.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!