Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: 2011 DobberHockey Hall of Fame - Forum Inductee

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

No way of arguing these inductions at all.

Angus' contributions are vast and there's no way of quantifying them. Heart and soul of DobberHockey

Matt Bugg's induction is a no-brainer. I respect his views on all things prospects and look to follow in his footsteps soon enough.

Fungchen3 - classy guy who I have come to respect as one of the best on these forums (probably because I find that we share similar views). Congrats.

FrozenPool Jason - Winning B2B Expert Leagues is impressive but not near as impressive as the amazing fantasy hockey tool you've come to introduce us to. Thanks for that contribution.

Congrats again!

Banned

well can't argue any of those one iota, congrats all

Dobber Sports Giant

Congrats to all of you guys! You really deserve this!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Smile Thank You

Hi all,

First off, thank you all so much.

I am very humbled by the fact that you guys appreciated my contribution, albeit an objective and non-forum related one. I might not have much 'street cred' with the other writers but I've always felt, let the numbers do the talking. These tools have been an incredible time consuming venture but I must admit I'm flattered it has been mentioned. I feel FrozenPool allows players an in-depth view of the NHL that no other site provides. When used in conjunction, nothing comes close. This statistical leverage allows members to distill an inordinate amount of data into a simple and concise view. This process allows making decisions very quick and easy. We all know how it was in the old days right?

Again, thank you. I do have a heavy sense of 'who do I think I am to contribute' but I will most certainly commit to forum aid as my years of data analysis (at the expense of wife nagging might help a member or two. We strive to pass on knowledge to those who wish to prevail, no matter what the mechanism (forums/tools/posts/tweets/ramblings/...).

In the end, that's what Dobber Hockey is all about. We are so glad you're apart of it.

Best Regards,
    Jason Arbuthnot

Dobber Sports Ninja

Congratulations to all the inductees! All very well-deserving guys, keep up with the good stuff!!!!!
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Monster

Congrats guys!! Some seriously solid stuff. All of it!! Each of you have contributed something different and unique.

Administrator

This is once again proof Jason needs to get his ass on the boards more often, LOL. I kid. We all know the work you put into Frozenpool is extensive and sometimes thankless. Props to you. Props to Fung for bringing it all these years. Props to Angus for taking some weight off Dobber's shoulders and letting this site grow into something so much bigger and better. Props to the three tier winners as well. Takes a whole lot of blood, sweat and brains to win one of those pools. Good on all of you. You give us all something to strive for.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Administrator

Congrats to all the inductees... you guys help make a great hobby that much better!

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    This is once again proof Jason needs to get his ass on the boards more often, LOL. I kid. We all know the work you put into Frozenpool is extensive and sometimes thankless. Props to you. Props to Fung for bringing it all these years. Props to Angus for taking some weight off Dobber's shoulders and letting this site grow into something so much bigger and better. Props to the three tier winners as well. Takes a whole lot of blood, sweat and brains to win one of those pools. Good on all of you. You give us all something to strive for.
    Ha! Duly noted Steve...This year and from now on, I am taking great care in not only creating tools but contributing on the forums & twitter (@frozenpool).

Can't wait till the "real" season!
    Jason

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Congrats to a great inductee group.
    While I mostly enjoy criticizing... today I'll throw out a few props:

1. fungchen: Congrats man!!! In my short time on the boards, I run into you so often on the threads and always find value in your advice! It's top shelf stuff - amazing contributions to the NOOBs... you know they need it!

2. FrozenPool: You probably have no idea how often I used your tools... I love statistical researching. I probably used it 3-4 times weekly - its unfortunate that you made it so good that you can earn money off it now, tough for poor Pengwin - but it definitely deserves some reward. Awesome, awesome tool!

3. Angus: Your dual contributions to board posts & daily ramblings are phenomenal. You are like the manager who sets the daily workload for us all and is still cool enough that we'd invite you out to lunch with us! The daily ramblings that you & Dobber provide are my kick-start to every morning, big thank you!

In my short time, I didn't get a big chance to interract and read Bugg's stuff... but I've heard it was amazing and he gave me a few great replies/insights in the prospect chat a month ago and I really appreciated that.

Well done guys!!!
    Last edited by Pengwin7; September 21, 2011 at 9:44 AM.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Congratulations to all the inductees, impossible to argue with any of you being enshrined.

I have only been on here for about a year and have stayed because it's different than all the other boards. Not just for fantasy news but for hockey news in general. Things can get out of control here but it quickly gets settled by one of the many cool heads that seem to prevail.

There seems to be a mutual respect amongst all of the posters here and it's the reason people keep coming back for more. Congratulations to every one then I guess, for creating one of the best hockey forums in the world!!!

In closing, Yargh!!
    10 Team Yahoo H2H - Keep 5 - G,A,+/-,PPP,PIMS,HITS SOG,GWG/W,GAA,SV%,SO
    C: Tavares, Pavelski, Fabbri, Matthews, Rakell,
    LW: Landeskog, Sedin, Perron
    RW: Kucherov, Oshie, Radulov, Backes
    D: Subban, Petry, Gostisbehere, Green, Yandle, Werenski
    G: Price, Talbot

Canadian Dad Blog - http://canadiandad.com

A sincere congrats to all those inducted into the DH HOF! Time, at the moment doesn't permit great detail, but I want to at the very least commend you all on your effort, support network, and attention to detail. Top notch.

Indebted to you all.

p.s. fungchen, you rock, brother.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Genius

Better late than never , right?!
    Huge congrats to the inductees , all well deserved!
    You know it's coming .....SMOOTHMOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack