Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2011 DobberHockey Hall of Fame - Forum Inductee

Dobber Sports Ace

I would also agree...pretty easy to vote for Jeff Angus, I also thought he was already there.
    Team 1:
    10 Team Keeper, keep 16.
    Cat: +/-, PIMs, G, A, Pts, STG (PPG+SHG), GAA, SPct, W
    Roto, No Max games, weekly lineups - 12F, 6D, 4G - 6 bench

F: Benn, Bennett, Crosby, Hughes, Keller, Kopitar, Lindolm, Perron, Schmalts, Stephenson, Tavares, Thompson
    Bench - Lafreniere, Roslovic, Schenn

D: Chabot, Dahlin, Josi, Hronek, Morrissey, Schenn
    Bench - Sandin

G: F. Copley, Gustavsson, Skinner, Sorokin
    Bench: Merzlikins, Petersen, Andersen (IR)

I...am your father.

I added a couple of thoughts to my post above. I also agree with Shoeless' first post and his criteria. Trying to leave columnists out of this category. I'm not allowed in - my rule

I have JHM, fungchen, Gates...any others? I would also consider Doulos, Zorro, Crazynuck, dyzfunctioned, Chicleteur, praba, smack, hockeyislife

Any of those grab you?
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I added a couple of thoughts to my post above. I also agree with Shoeless' first post and his criteria. Trying to leave columnists out of this category. I'm not allowed in - my rule

I have JHM, fungchen, Gates...any others? I would also consider Doulos, Zorro, Crazynuck, dyzfunctioned, Chicleteur, praba, smack, hockeyislife

Any of those grab you?
    interesting...with this new criteria, I know who I'd vote for. At this stage we are only looking for nominees, right? I assume that once we have a few nonimees there will be an official vote? I'm not 100% clear on the process here.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Gates is considered a columnist, no?

If not, Gates gets my nomination for sure. JHM, Fungchen, SeaDawg are the guys I often find myself looking at and respecting all of their posts as well.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

With the new criteria laid out in Dobber's post my frontrunners would be JHM and HPG. However, fungchen, seadawg and several others are right up there as well.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post

I want to add some thoughts as well. The boards started in February of 2007, so I don't want to forget the early "pioneers". I also want emphasis on helping people/answer questions.

I really want to stress the "help" and "reply to newbies" and "maintain maturity and integrity" aspect of this category. The unsung heroes who offer little in the way of reporting/writing columns...but so much in the way of helping out newcomers, weighing in on fantasy issues.
    This describes JHM and HPG to a tee.

My vote goes to JHM as he goes over and beyond in this criteria.

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

Looking at the top posters (top 5 pages or so) - there are SO many worthy candidates.

However, I'd like to take this time and give some props to longtime member, fzusher. When he speaks everyone listens - he simply has that presence.

On a personal note, after getting tired of Yahoo! Public leagues, fzusher's the one who recruited me into my first 30-team Dynasty league, the ZFHL. At that moment, my love for fantasy hockey jumped sevenfold - I never looked back.
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    interesting...with this new criteria, I know who I'd vote for. At this stage we are only looking for nominees, right? I assume that once we have a few nonimees there will be an official vote? I'm not 100% clear on the process here.
    We won't have an official vote, however members who get multiple mentions merits some pull. Every member that gets a shout out will be considered and researched.
    Gates Imbeau

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by GMGates View Post
    We won't have an official vote, however members who get multiple mentions merits some pull. Every member that gets a shout out will be considered and researched.
    There really are so many deserving members, and if I had the time I’d list them all, but for the sake of brevity I will only pick one (excluding columnists and newer members, whose time will certainly come eventually). I’m choosing this member because he’s been around for a while and has a consistent presence on the forums. His insight is valuable, he is respectful and smart, and he communicates well. Like all the great members around here, he truly is an ambassador for the site. He is courteous and welcoming to new members and along with the other forum vets is one of the main reasons why this site has been successful for a number of years now.

The member I am describing is none other than fungchen3.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Sage

fzusher has my vote. He brings an awesome package of well thought out responses and courtesy. He also called the Niemi signing to SJ immediately after the Sharks signed Hjalmarsson to an offer sheet. That's just one example of how his brain works and I can't get enough of reading his posts. Always a fresh perspective and even if you disagree with him, it's never an argument.
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Dobber Sports Master

Okay, with the new guidelines, I want to further stress my bid for Fungchen.

When thinking of him, he has the full package on this site. He has 6000+ posts, commentates on the "social" aspects of these boards, and will help anybody with any question. He responds to PMs, and tries to help every forum member out as much as possible.

What makes him my favourite nominee for this is that he is so humble and selfless that he never makes a fuss. While he gets involved in heated conversations, he constantly just continues on, regardless of what is happening in the forums.

My example is this: When Fungchen hit 6K (a pretty momentous occasion here), he did not stop at that magic number to realize. Rather, he continued posting, and made it up to about 6,025 or something. 24 hours later, i realized he passed 6K and gave him a congratulatory thread. He appeared to be so honoured and humbled by the entire thread, and I just found it so awesome that he did not expect, nor plead for congratulatory posts. He instead wanted to help somebody with a drafting decision, or a keeper list. To me, that is what the best posters on this site do.

A nomination is certainly in order for him.
    Last edited by TK12555; September 15, 2011 at 5:14 PM. Reason: I didn't read the entire post.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Monster

With the criteria change, I now vote for JHM.

He delivers each every post of his with a great amount of substance, he does not post to just to pad his post total like some do. He does not get caught up in the riff raff. He responds to a member's question each and every time with a well thought out approach and gives tremendous feedback and his insights help all of us. Cause I know without question when we all see JHM's name on the forum boards, we all check out what he has to say. Mix in the class piece to him along with the above mentioned and you have yourself a Dobber Hall of Famer.

Quote Originally Posted by TK12555 View Post
    In fact, he's so underrated on these boards that he didn't get a nomination yet, to my knowledge (If I missed it let me know). A nomination is certainly in order for him.
    He got mentioned four times already, not counting you! (DY, Dyz, Seadawg, Pengwin)

Either way, awesome write up on a great forum member.
    Gates Imbeau

Dobber Sports Grand Master

There's so many deserving people.

But judging from the votes thus far it seems to be a 3 man race between JHM, HPG, and fungchen.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sentium View Post
    I vote Big Ev. Just the right amount of snark and smarts.
    What an honour! No joke, I was going to vote for you for the same reason. I don't think we stand a chance though.