Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Comish Dynasty Dispersal Draft Players Available List

Dobber Sports Star

Hey guys,

Just a heads up, I will be away from a computer until Thursday evening as I am heading out of town to work in the bush, just in case it makes it back to my 2nd round pick before than.

LU Timbersports
    [color=#008000]24 Team / 3 Tier Roto League
    G|A|+/-|PIM|PPP|SOG|Hits|BS
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1
    C: Tavares, Duchene, JStaal, Marner, Grigorenko, Dubois, Barzal
    LW: Landeskog, Teravainen, Pearson, Wilson, Pulkkinen, Bittner
    RW: PKane, Gaborik, Virtanen, Rantanen, Stewart, Sprong, Chiasson, Vey
    D: OEL, Barrie, Bogosian, Larsson, McNabb, Oduya, Bigras
    G: Bobrovsky, Korpisalo, Hutton, Hellberg

Dobber Sports Ace

Hey guys,

Just a heads up that I will be away from the computer for a bit, I'm moving from Vancouver to New York tomorrow morning. I've written down my time slot for my second pick, and will make sure to turn up for that, but I could be a couple of days getting things sorted out once I arrive in my new city.

Happy drafting, make sure to leave me someone off my want list!
    20-Team Keeper League
    PTS: G=1, A=1, W=2, SO=3
    Starting roster: 6F, 3D, 1G, *Keep 12 + 2 on farm

F: Kucherov, Scheifele, Eichel, Tarasenko, Rakell, Schwartz, Dadonov
    D: Doughty, Josi, Ekman-Larsson, Keith
    G: Hellebuyck
    Farm: Tolvanen, Kaprizov

16-Team Keeper League
    PTS: G=1, A=1, W=2, SO=3
    Starting roster: 6F, 4D, 1G, *Keep 12 + 4 on farm
    F: P Kane, Kessel, Pastrnak, Keller, Marchessault, B Schenn, Fiala, Kase,
    D: Weber, Karlsson, Pietrangelo, Parayko
    G: Rask
    Farm: Kravtsov, A Boqvist, Necas, I Samsonov

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I might be wrong here but shouldn't we take Vasyunov off the available list after he passed away in the Lokimotiv plane crash earlier this week?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    I might be wrong here but shouldn't we take Vasyunov off the available list after he passed away in the Lokimotiv plane crash earlier this week?
    I didn't even know he was on the team. I've taken him off our draft list. Thanks Deaner.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Lucic Haymaker View Post
    Thanks man, no worries, I want some of whatever the other owner was smoking when he made that deal haha... The loss of Grier and Cooke helps explain why the team was almost dead last in PIM when I took it over.
    I did the trade and it took the team from near the bottom in the division the year before to one of the top teams in the division. PIM was a MASSIVE issue with that roster, but I was able to bulk up tons of other areas with the trade and it led to a much stronger team.

I can see why you might not think it was very good, but that particular league has all sorts of factors that need to be considered.

Strong defense are almost impossible to acquire, and Frolik was expected to produce MUCH better than he actually did.

I spent literally tens of hours crunching numbers and that trade put the team into promotion status in the short term, and as you can tell, still needs some wizardry in the longterm to make it a top tier team.

Good luck with it, it's a tough league.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I did the trade and it took the team from near the bottom in the division the year before to one of the top teams in the division. PIM was a MASSIVE issue with that roster, but I was able to bulk up tons of other areas with the trade and it led to a much stronger team.

I can see why you might not think it was very good, but that particular league has all sorts of factors that need to be considered.

Strong defense are almost impossible to acquire, and Frolik was expected to produce MUCH better than he actually did.

I spent literally tens of hours crunching numbers and that trade put the team into promotion status in the short term, and as you can tell, still needs some wizardry in the longterm to make it a top tier team.

Good luck with it, it's a tough league.
    In a 30 team dynasty league, positional depth almost always triumphs the single big star. As doulos says, this is one tough league and when he made the deal, it addressed some serious needs. Trading Malkin couldn't have been easy, but when you are faced with relegation if you finish too far down, you may feel forced into making deals in order to stay in the league! I spend the most time on this league and I'm still not very happy or confident in my team.

Dobber Sports Ninja

It's a great, fun league. If I had the guts for keeper leagues any more I would still be in it.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I appreciate the response and now feel like a total d*ck for saying it was such a terrible trade. This is the first pool I've been in with this kind of depth in terms of # of teams AND size of rosters so the idea of positional depth trumping a star makes sense, I just get dazzled by names like Malkin and forget everything else. Some of my recent trades and dispersal picks have also been driven by the idea of stockpiling depth up front, just loading up on guys that are in the 30-40 point range and who will contribute across all categories.

If not for contraction I would've been promoted so I suppose I should be thanking all the previous owners! I certainly could've inherited much worse
    "I guess I didn't realize it was my job to pump his tires" - Tim Thomas

Dobber Sports Ninja

No need to feel bad. I can talk big but I had my ass handed to me in pretty much every league I was in the past 2 years so it's far more likely it was a garbage trade...hahah.

Dobber Sports Guru

i would like to chirp but i'm the guy who traded Eberle for Moss.

#facepalm