Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16

Thread: Rocky Horror Roto Show 2011/12

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Wow - pretty surprised I won.

Was a point when my team was slumping hard and I was down around the 7th or 8th range and I almost gave up on the season. Then came roaring back and next thing I knew I had 2nd locked down for most the remainder of the season, however I was like 15+ points behind Brandon. Then as recently as like a month ago I pulled within a few points and night before it all wraps up pulled into the lead.

Tight matchup that's for sure.
    Congrats man - great comeback and battle to the finish.

Actually going into the last week or so I was quite worried that you would pass me. I had a good look at the standings and you had more room to gain so I needed to have a big final week to stay on top. Once you got ahead on Thursday I pretty much knew it was over.

The Wolverine

The final standings:

Silence of the Stams (dyzfunctioned) 112.5
    Wee Sharp of Horrors (horrorfan) 110.5
    A.Niityville Horrors (Shoeless) 107
    Briere Witch Project (smack) 96.5
    Recchident Evil (temek) 92.5
    Maaaaa-chete (Gotlaid) 91
    Nightmare on Helm St (Nehithaw) 89
    House of 1000 Orpiks (4T2) 78.5
    Phaneufenstein (kluu) 76
    DrFrankNFurter (JamesGlenCooper) 62.5
    Perrynormal Activity (Straight Chillin) 49
    A Twin Killing (dmvincent) 49

Thanks everyone for playing! Great season!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Wow, what a wonderful league this was - loved every minute of it. Congrats to Dyz for snatching the crown at the last minute - awesome theater or a horrorshow if you're the one it was snatched from.

Check this post out from September 18th. Damn, should have laid down a wager on win, place and show - http://www.dobberhockey.com/forums/s...3&postcount=70

Thanks for a great league to one and all, with a special nod to Horrorfan for putting it together.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Wow, what a wonderful league this was - loved every minute of it. Congrats to Dyz for snatching the crown at the last minute - awesome theater or a horrorshow if you're the one it was snatched from.

Check this post out from September 18th. Damn, should have laid down a wager on win, place and show - http://www.dobberhockey.com/forums/s...3&postcount=70

Thanks for a great league to one and all, with a special nod to Horrorfan for putting it together.
    Wow, that's an impressive pre-season forecast! Not only for the placings but for how close they were for total points and the gaps.

Glad to have you on board this season.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Actually I was ahead in BS by five so it wouldn't have made a difference. But it was tight and unfortunately for my squad I had a few slumps in the final few weeks, combined with dyz's squad peaking at the right time. That's the way it goes in roto - it's not over until it's over.

Glad to have you on board and hope you play again next season.
    ahhh shoot I read it the wrong way around... Yeah I think it came down to 1 win and 7 PPP or something like that... and about 31 SOG which is 0.9% of the season total... or about 10 HITs which is 0.5% of the season total...

I guess that's just how fickle fantasy hockey is.

But definitely keep each other's info and we can set it up again for next season.
    Dobber Expert Pool Champion 2011-12

Dobber Sports Expert

Who the hell projected 70.5 points for me??? I'm insulted...
    Dobber Expert Pool Champion 2011-12

The Wolverine

Nope it's not there - this is a Shoeless workaround using the Team Appraisal Tool and some spreadsheet work. It's just a ballpark idea of where things sit with the present rosters, no injuries, no trades, etc. Make a few assumptions to set it up that might have holes as well. Just fun - but gives me a pretty good idea of where I can focus to make up ground and where I have some leeway or stats to give maybe.

I'm pretty sure Jamie and Paul are headed in a similar direction in their development of tools. Just takes time to get there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotlaid View Post
    Who the hell projected 70.5 points for me??? I'm insulted...
    I don't know how he adjusted it but it was based around the HPG rankings. Considering the amount of changes during the season, it's impressive the top three were so similar.

Funnily enough, I hardly used HPG this season other than a bit of pre-draft research.

Dobber Sports Padawan

well... disappointing season for me. good experience for me though. mainly gotta manage my games played more carefully.

try my luck again next yr!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Wow nice projections there Shoe. Those were pretty damn close.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'll be back next season - I think there was an e-mail circulating at some point asking whether people would be back and I misplaced it.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    I'll be back next season - I think there was an e-mail circulating at some point asking whether people would be back and I misplaced it.
    No worries I will be sending out another e-mail in due course. Also about the Yahoo group that I created for offseason chat. It's optional of course.

Dobber Sports Ace

Those predictions are pretty awesome Shoeless.

Congrats to Dyz for taking it down.

Congrats to Brandon for placing in 2nd and thank you very much for inviting me into this league. I had a great time this season and look forward to doing better next season.