Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: Fearless Forecasts: 2011-2012

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by temek View Post
    7. Cody Franson outscores both Suter and Weber
    Really have to ask about this one, you must see a lot in Cody Franson when he hits his prime. With all the D depth in Toronto, Franson hardly plays.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Icon

Hey, why not? I'll give it a review:

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    I made a few of these in the predicted standings thread since the OP did too but no one followed suit. So I will re-post them here with some new ones.

1- Six players crack the 100-point plateau, none named Sedin (Stamkos, Malkin, Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Perry) MISS - Looks like the Sedin's will challenge it, doubtful that 6 guys hit it.
    2- Philly struggles early in the season and looks in danger of missing the playoffs, but turn it up and are the hottest team in the league for the second half MISS - They did struggle a bit very early but not as much as I expected
    3- Toronto actually starts off quite well for a change and then completely tanks after Christmas, Burke trades away his 1st round pick in next years draft before the deadline HIT - So far so good, they haven't fully tanked yet, but it's coming. Bye bye draft pick as the leafs try to make the playoffs
    4- PK Subban gets knocked out cold after challenging someone to a fight before realizing Hal Gill was not on the ice to protect him Miss so far but dear god I hope it happens
    5- Lidstrom is one of the leading contenders for the Conn Smythe PUSH- Won't know til the post-season
    6- Winnipeg is Top 5 in attendance despite never even sniffing at a playoff spot. They acquire Jason Spezza from Ottawa at the trade deadline MISS - Challenging for a playoff spot, Spezza isn't going anywhere
    7- Claude Giroux does not take the leap that everyone expects and finishes around 70 points. MISS - Ouch, way off here.
    8- Eklund actually breaks a legitimate trade rumor MISS- Is anyone really surprised?
    9- Chris Stewart has his breakout year tallying 85 points and helping St Louis make the playoffs. Miss - Ouch again.
    10- No one outside of Habs fans will consider this bold, but the Montreal fans reading this will react as if I said the Earth was flat. MONTREAL WILL MISS THE PLAYOFFS!!! HIT HIT HIT HIT HIT AND I LOVE IT!!!
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Ross don't you think Lupul has the inside track on the Masterton?

It is true that Lupul is a really solid bet at this point, he wasn't on my radar at all at the beginning of the season, to be honest, because until reading this Mirtle article I didn't realize how much adversity he faced with that injury situation. So yes, with what he's done with Kessel, I'd say he has the inside track at this point.

That said, there is more than 1/3 of the season left to go, and I could see any one of my 3 original choices, Mueller, Perron and Souray, take it ahead of Lupul. Their stories are not that far off of Lupul's in terms of returning from adversity.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    1 - Chicago finishes top 2 in the West still very possible
    2 - Vancouver loses in the 1st round Who knows yet
    3 - Sven Bartschi wins rookie of the year Haha miss
    4 - Steve Mason wins 34 games and has a GAA under 2.40 ouch miss
    5 - Dennis Wideman leads the Capitals defense in scoring (how's that for bold) killed it that's a hit for now
    6 - Marian Hossa scores 40+ goals Might not get the goals, but he's having a bounceback year which was the point.....I'm calling hit so sue me
    7 - The Leafs finish top 6 in the east possibly a hit...
    8 - Detroit misses the playoffs ummm, miss
    9 - New Jersey makes the playoffs, but Brodeur chokes it away again Don't know yet but the Brodeur choking bit is true so far
    10 - Jake Voracek scores 70+ playing with JVR and Giroux miss
    11 - Ben Eager gets flashed while in the penalty box again Can anyone confirm if this has happened? If not there's still time
    12 - Max Pacioretty scores 30+ goals it might happen
    13 - Marty Havlat remembers he's a BAB and plays 35 games looks like he'll pass 35 games but not by much
    14 - He returns for the playoffs and the Sharks finally reach the finals Don't know yet
    15 - Tim Thomas keeps proving everyone wrong, wins another Vezina Very possible

It was so fun I had to do 15 of them. Hopefully those choices are pretty out there, I think most of them are.
    Not doing too badly so far.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by reinjosh View Post
    1. Philly misses the playoffs. The young core of the forwards and the aging core of the defense prove to be obstacles too large to overcome.

2. New Jersey misses the playoffs again. Brodeur is done, the defense is still horrendous (adding Larsson won't fix it) and not having a top line center for at the very least the first month will hurt them.

3. James Reimer is the Leafs goalie fix and hits 35 wins. Kessel hits 40 goals, Connolly hits 50 assists and Phaneuf hits 20 goals. We said bold right?

4. Rick Nash does not break 40 goals or 70 points. Carter doesn't either. Prospal hits 50 assists though.

5. Steve Mason finally hits his stride and becomes the backbone for the Blue Jackets. They make the playoffs in the place of Chicago (yes I'm saying Chicago misses the race).

6. The League hits ten 40 plus goal scorers again. They are Kessel, Ovechkin, E. Staal, JVR, Stewart, Tavares, D. Sedin, Iginla, Duchene and Stamkos.

7. Mark Scheifele breaks into the league, wins the Calder and works his way to becoming Evander Kane's (who hits 30 goals) center. Images of a terrifying future power tandem emerge.

8. Michael Grabner hits 10 short handed goals but only 2 powerplay goals and hits 30 again.

9. Mikael Backlund breaks out and hits 60 points playing on the top line with Iginla. Mark Giordano hits 50 point.

10. Jordan Eberle is the only Oiler to hit 70 points. Hall hits 68 but hits 30 goals (has a John Tavares like second season).

Bonus: Tyler Seguin scores 8 points in 2 games but only 24 in the other 80 games. Kessel hits 40 goals and 40 assists. Combined Kulemin, Grabovski and Kessel hit 110 goals. Dougie Hamilton drops to a 20 point OHL season. Somehow the infamous "trade" is still considered one of the worst in history for the sad, sad Leafs. Yes, this is a bad joke :P
    Egad that was horrendous. At least it was bold predictions and not just predictions lol.

1) Wrong. Brutal. Should have guessed it would be Bryz struggling. And missing the playoffs? That was way to bold lol.
    2) That's not gonna happen. I was almost correct with Brodeur and then he went out and played like the top 5 goalie of all time he is.
    3) Yeah I'm a little delusional lol. Stupid Leaf bias...
    4) Well I got part of that right. Carter and Nash won't hit 40 goals or 70 points.
    5) oiy boy. That one was bad...
    6)Woops. Stats don't lie and I clearly overrated goal scoring lol.
    7) Nope...
    8)He's halfway to 30, do I get half points :P
    9)Wrong again...
    10) Eh, one I might get almost perfectly!
    14T BiWeekly H2H. 4 C/RW/LW, 6 D, 2 G
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

LW - Gaudreau, Forsberg, Parise, Hyman (C)
    C - Backstrom, Getzlaf, N Foligno (LW/RW), Kotkaniemi, Carter (LW/RW)
    RW - Tarasenko, Rantanen, Arvidsson, Atkinson, Gourde (C/LW), Mikheyev (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Ellis, Klingberg, Fox, Andersson
    G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer Fan View Post
    1. Various Philadelphia area media members will come increasingly under fire amidst persistent rumors emanating from Los Angeles, and confirmed by anonymous sources in Columbus that their partying "has become a problem" Push. There are still rumors about the Philly media coming out of LA, but the confirmations out of Columbus mysteriously stopped a few weeks ago.

2. Thomas Vokoun will have a terrible season, but his poor performance will be attributed not to the erosion of his skills due to his advancing age, but instead will be blamed on his being somewhat distracted due to the repeated police questioning regarding the mysterious disappearance of his former agent. Push. Vokoun IS having a terrible season, but it's Alex Ovechkin that has disappeared, not Vokoun's agent.

3. What starts as a trickle of angry emails directed at Gary Bettman in December and January, will by March grow into an avalanche as dozens of Atlanta Thrashers fans begin to realize that they no longer have an NHL team. Miss, but there's still time to for them to notice.

4. The same thing happens in New Jersey as Martin Brodeur realizes that he doesn't either. Miss, Lou Lamoriello is the prince of darkness, and the devil's can't be killed.

5. Despite the success of last season's Stan Lee inspired "Guardian" project, this season's bold new "NHL Pokeman" campaign will be brought to a sudden standstill when someone neglects to punch airholes in the crate, and the LA Kings Pokémon character tragically, arrives dead. Thankfully, the campaign is eventually able to be resumed thanks to the aid of helpful Edmonton Oiler team doctors who assure Kings GM Dean Lombardi that the Pokémon character is merely "resting" and will be just fine in a few days. Miss. It was the King's offense that tragically arrived dead.

6. Attempting to capitalize on the excitement and good will generated by the return of an NHL team to the area, Gary Bettman tries to persuade Versus to televise the team's first home game. Unfortunately, Versus declines, citing a history of poor ratings for broadcasts involving the Florida Panthers. Hit. Versus indeed, did miss out on an opportunity to take advantage of the excitement generated by the return of an NHL team Sunrise Florida.

7. After a summer spent working out with Gary Roberts, a rejuvenated Rick DiPietro reports to camp completely healthy and in the best shape of his life, he will then reel off twenty five consecutive starts to start the season, before the streak is suddenly ended when embarrassed Islanders officials are forced to admit, that now that they've actually had a chance to see him play regularly, they realize he's not nearly as good as they thought he'd be. Miss. DiPietro did sign up to train with Roberts, but was injured by a protein shake during orientation, and is listed as week to week.

8. Tyler Seguin will score on a backhander at 4:09 of the second period to giver the Bruins a 1-0 lead in their opening night game against the Flyers, ...prompting the immediate benching and demotion to third string of Ilya Bryzgalov, and the recall of Michael Leighton from the AHL between periods. Seguin will score two more goals in the third period sparking riots in Toronto. Miss. Bryzgalov was only demoted to the second string, summoned to the GMs office for a meeting, confronted by the team's leadership group, banned from speaking to reporters, and lambasted in the media. not demoted to third string.

...and there was no rioting in Toronto, as Tim Connelly has made Leafs fans forget all about Tyler Seguin.

9. Sometime in January, Sean Avery will shock the hockey world when he "comes out" of the closet, ...sadly, he will be promptly subjected to abuse and death threats, ....from an outraged gay community who demand that he immediately go back in. A beleaguered Gary Bettman is forced to intervene when the equally irate hetro community refuses to acknowledge him as one of their's either. Eventually, united by the common ground they share in their disgust for Avery, the issue of gay rights is settled peacefully, and amicably as both sides agree that it's only marriages involving Sean Avery that need to be banned, ...religous leaders quickly agree, and a new era of peace and equality is born. Eventually diplomats are able to bring peace to the middle east, reconciling Arabs and Jews based on the common bond they too share in their mutual disdain of Avery. Miss. the diplomats are still working on this one.

10. After being summoned for a disciplinary hearing as a result of his blatant elbow to the head of Nick Lidstrom during the Pens opening night match against the Red Wings, a still bleeding and visibly shaken Matt Cooke emerges from Brendan Shanahan's office claiming meekly that "I fell", and then mysteriously announcing his immediate retirement from the NHL. Later the disciplinary office releases a statement saying only that "The situation has been handled" and offering no explanation as to whether any fines or suspensions were given. Strangely, Mario Lemieux refuses to comment, ...as do Eric Goddard, Trevor Gillies, Dan Carcillo, Sean Avery, Patrick Kaleta, Jarkko Ruutu, and Ben Eager, ...who oddly enough, shortly thereafter all announce their immediate retirements too. Miss. After a promising start, it was a still bleeding and visibly shaken Shanahan who emerged from a board of governor's meeting meekly saying: "...no suspension was warranted."

11. A devestated Hockeyrobot won't find out about this thread for months, ...but despite his bitter disappointment at missing out on the fun, will vow to participate next year.

Remember, you read 'em here first.
    Okay, I may have missed on a few, but pretty close on the Byzgalov one.
    Last edited by Flyer Fan; March 16, 2012 at 6:52 PM.
    CBS 8 team keeper(5-8) - Points only

C: Tavares, Duchesne, Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins
    LW: Parise, Benn, Neal
    RW: Kessel, Giroux, Stewart
    D: Green,Karlson, Carlson, Whitney, Edler, White
    G: Rinne, Lundqvist
    2LW,2C,2RW,4D,1G pts.= G=2, PPG=3, SH=5, A=1, W=3, S=.2, GA=-1, SO=4,

(Tired of watching today's trophys pass you buy? Waiting for a tomorrow that may never come? Why not win NOW? ...Ask about our "Pre-owned vets for prospects" program, and start winning TODAY!)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by habs83 View Post
    1) Thomas fails to get 30 Wins He has 29 right now...but he might finish the season with 29 the way the Bruins are playing lately.
    2) P.K. Subban gets 20 goals MISS Played pretty badly in the first half but is currently playing the best hockey of his career...see you next year.
    3) Pietrangelo gets nominated for the Norris PUSH He should be, but that won't happen since the NHL is still trying to find a way to tell Erik Karlsson that he won't be nominated because his last name isn't Lidstrom, Chara or Weber
    4) Benn leads Dallas in points PUSH Would have been a slamdunk if he had stay healthy...but he still could do it (8 pts behind Eriksson)
    5) Tavares wins the Rocket Richard MISS Stamkos by a mile
    6) Washington wins the President trophy but is eliminated in the 2nd round HUGE MISS They might not even have the chance to be eliminated in the second round if they don't make the playoffs
    7) Calgary and Toronto finish last in their respective conference PUSH I hope Calgary makes the playoffs, but the way Toronto is playing right now, there is still hope with this one (and Montreal is winning games now...I never thought I would cheer for the Habs to finish behind Toronto)
    8) Halak wins the Vezina PROBABLE MISS At best, he'll be nominated
    9) Kovalchuk scores less than 35 goals PUSH 30 goals right now with 12 games to go
    10) Unfortunately, a player will die on the ice this season... Please, tell me I'll miss this one

Awful predictions overall
    Last edited by habs83; March 16, 2012 at 8:48 AM.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    Alright time to have some fun. Gonna be somewhat realistic but still far out there. This is fun. I want to do 20 lol.

1. Ryan Kesler makes it back in time for the first game of the season, scores 40 goals again and adds 40 assists for a career year of 80 points. This was my homer prediction lol.
    2. Joe Thornton scores 30 goals. No dice
    3. Marian Gaborik scores 90 points and stays healthy all year.Well he's stayed healthy all year but 90 points at this point is a large stretch. Probably end up point/game though or close to it
    4. No forwards on the Blues crack 70 points, no defenseman cracks 50. Patrik Berglund scores 67 points and is the highest scoring forward on the team. Could still happen...even though Pietrangelo could bust through pretty easily. Wrong about Berglund though
    5. The Blues get into the playoffs as 7th in the West They're in the playoffs, just in first LOL
    6. Sidney Crosby doesn't play a single game this season Close enough to zero games so far? lol
    7. Robin Lehner starts at least 15 games this season and posts 7-9 wins (due to a Craig Anderson injury) Had the Anderson injury down, just didn't expect the Bishop trade I guess haha
    8. Jonas Gustavsson finishes the year as the Leafs' starter Jury is still out but he's been better than Reimer.
    9. Parise is a Canuck by the end of the season. lol
    10. Brett Lebda gets signed by an NHL team I can't believe I got this one right
    Lawl, this was fun.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    1) Calgary wins the NW division - Iginla leads the way with 50 goals and Kiprusoff is nominated for the Vezina.
    2) Bobby Butler scores 30+ goals and 60+ points.
    3) Kopitar wins the scoring title with 108 points, and the Hart Trophy.
    4) Phoenix makes the playoffs and LaBarbera ends up with 30+ wins.
    5) Grabner struggles and gets demoted to the 3rd line half way through the season.
    6) Souray outpoints Goligoski
    7) Winnipeg and Florida battle for the 8th spot until the last week of the season, with Winnipeg sneaking in thanks to Pavelec's strong season.
    8) Wolski bounces back and surpasses the 60 point mark.
    9) The Stanley Cup will be won by a team who didn't make the playoffs last year (yes, vague but I don't care)
    10) I will win my new roto league over fellow Dobberites.
    1. Uh no but Kiprusoff is having an excellent season.
    2. Haha no
    3. Haha again
    4. Phoenix looking good but because of Smith
    5. Not sure about timing but he has struggled most of the season
    6. No, but if not for injuries who knows
    7. Both still have a shot at making it, but Florida is more likely
    8. Nope what was I thinking
    9. Still possible
    10. Still in the lead for now

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    1. Uh no but Kiprusoff is having an excellent season.
    2. Haha no
    3. Haha again
    4. Phoenix looking good but because of Smith
    5. Not sure about timing but he has struggled most of the season
    6. No, but if not for injuries who knows
    7. Both still have a shot at making it, but Florida is more likely
    8. Nope what was I thinking
    9. Still possible
    10. Still in the lead for now
    Haha glad you're open to self criticism.

Gonna be tough after Florida's win tonight, but if Winnipeg wins tomorrow vs Washington they're back in the mix for the 8th spot.

St. Louis is definitely a Cup possibilty.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Wow......just read through this thread to realize exactly what it was.....IM IN NEXT YEAR!!!

And by "read" I mean "scrolled to see if I had posted a prediction"

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by LeTrefle View Post
    1. Andrei Markov plays 80 games and get 60+ points.
    2. Islanders make the playoffs.
    3. Lidstrom wins another Norris.
    4. Philadelphia misses playoffs.
    5. Bobby Ryan leads Ducks in points.
    6. Crosby plays 0 game.
    7. Panthers make the playoffs.
    8. Goligoski and Souray combine for 100+ points.
    9. Schneider starts more games than Luongo for the Canucks.
    10. Buffalo wins the Cup.
    1. NO
    2. NO
    3. NO
    4. NO
    5. NO
    6. NO
    7. Panthers make the playoffs.
    8. NO
    9. NO
    10.NO
    Keeper league (12 teams) - keep 6 (+ NHL team is auto keep)
    Weekly lineup: 1T, 9F, 4D, 1G
    Points only:
    Forwards & Dmen: goal (1), assist (1)
    Goalies: win (2), otl/sol (1), shutout (2)
    Team: win (2), otl/sol (1)
    Only 2 FA pickups for the season (remaining: 0)

[T] Edmonton
    [F] Panarin, Pettersson, Bedard
    [D] Heiskanen, Theodore, Dobson
    [G]

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by sentium View Post
    the last time i did this was the 09/10 season and i got two and a half out of ten right. Let's try it again!

1. Ryan getzlaf plays in 82 games.
    2. Mike green scores 80 points.
    3. Both parise and kovy score at least 40 goals.
    4. Detroit trades for a veteran star like alfie, doan or iginla or someone like that before the deadline.
    5. Matt cooke gets the longest suspension ever, getting more than chris simon's 30 games in 07.
    6. Cammalleri scores 40+ goals and 80+ points.
    7. Someone breaks 350 pim.
    8. Kevin smith's last movie hit somebody comes out and is completely awesome.
    9. Malkin gets injured again and misses considerable time, stamkos scores 50 again and dobber still insists on malkin being the more valuable player
    10. My keeper team becomes league champion
    hahahahahahaha!!!
    GO WINGS!