Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Retired - Columbus Blue Jackets

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Looking into the Kubalik concussion right now. I'll have repercussions of the injury if it is serious. Last I heard the severity was unknown.

He'll have to miss the next 5 days according the NHL rules beyond that no word on how much additional time if any he will miss.
    Dobber Hockey Columbus Blue Jackets Forum Writer

Co-Commish of DTDL and UNFHL

Member of UHL, UDHL and LOFHL

http://twitter.com/#!/GGuthe

Dobber Sports Guru

How do you like Maxim Mayorov's chances on making the team and what sort of impact could be expected from him? From what I've read he's been impressive in the two exhibition games so far.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Good question Carcillo. Mayorov, as I noted in my game recap has played well and last night was also another good showing. He will make it if he can keep consistently producing during the preseason. He has little room for error but I believe the Jackets would like to give him a chance since they're getting close to the breaking point of whether Mayorov is a bust or not after all his years in the AHL.

There are other hurdles for Mayorov some from his style of play and from the team he is on. He is pretty much a pure offensive forward and if others start filling that role better or, Mayorov is simply ineffective, than he has little value to Columbus. Whereas Atkinson, Calvert, or Kubalik (if healthy) can fill other roles besides pure scoring; Mayorov can not.

Let's say Mayorov makes the roster than he is still in an uphill battle if one of the centers does shift to the LW and with the other wingers the team has already, Mayorov has to hold them off. Mayorov could also benefit from injuries or underperformance by others. However Mayorov's biggest hurdle might be his own ability to make a positive impact on a regular basis and if he can't he goes by the wayside like another Russian who came into the system with him, Nikita Filatov (albeit with lesser fanfare).
    Last edited by guthey; September 22, 2011 at 6:13 PM.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Injury Update- Dekanich and Kubalik

From the Columbus Dispatch this morning

Forward Tomas Kubalik, who has a fighting chance to make the team, said he had just a bit of neck pain and was otherwise feeling pretty good yesterday morning.

“It’s not scary right now,†Kubalik said. “I just have to be careful.â€

Blue Jackets backup goaltender Mark Dekanich will miss a month — maybe less, probably more — because of a high-ankle sprain he suffered on Tuesday.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stor...t-a-month.html

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Columbus Update- Savard and the Wisniewski Fallout

So the Blue Jackets have had more games under their belts and some things have changed. The biggest news has been James Wisniewski's suspension which covers the rest of the preseason and eight games in the regular season. The suspension opens up a spot on the PP that everyone thought was locked up for at least an audition. The likely candidate to make the most of it is David Savard who has been the rapid riser of the Columbus Blue Jackets prospects.

My advice for Savard in terms of fantasy relevance in one-years is this: think of him like Zibanejad, where he likely will make the roster for at least a nine game stint, if he makes a good impact in those nine games the reward is great. These two are not just shots in the dark because they likely will be given a chance in the regular season and who knows what can happen from there. The other factor is that they have the ability and potential to put up decent numbers even in their first NHL season.

In a one-year if you are really desperate for D help and no one will pick up those safe guys that produce pennies anyway than pick up Savard and see how it goes. At worst you drop him for a more certain but lesser guy in upside since no one is touching them anyway.

In a keeper, if you have Savard, great it could really pay off. I wouldn't give the sun and the moon for him right now but at the same time if you feel his value will go up (for example if he makes it passed the nine game stint still in Columbus) than buy now while you can. If you feel the nine game stint is all he will get this season and you don't plan on winning this year than buy him in later say middle of the winter, when there should be less hype (unless he gets called up of course).

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

thanks for the information.

I have a question, what do you think about Tyutin? Is he on the top PP? Will his numbers pop with the addition of Carter and Wiz?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Fedor Tyutin

While Tyutin has received PP time in the Columbus during previous seasons, my prediction is that he'll get some limited opportunities this year. His main issue is that he simply doesn't produce enough offense to warrant putting on the top PP unit with any regularity. However, his big contract does make one wonder if it could be Tyutin that gets some more chances rather than Russell at least at the start once Wisniewski returns. He will certainly be put into one of the PP points unless Savard makes it since that would bump someone off and it could be Tyutin. If any injuries occur to Wisniewski, Russell, Clitsome, David Savard (if he makes it) than Tyutin has an even better shot at making that small offensive impact he is known for.

I would count on Tyutin only to get spot chances on the 2nd PP unless he proves otherwise and Savard doesn't bump him off. The best case scenario for Tyutin is he locks in the 2nd PP spot for this season with decent production from the start. However, I would not be guaranteeing that likelihood for Tyutin to any one right now.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

thanks for the great response!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Hey guys, quick question.
    Is Prospal gonna be for sure on the 1st line with carter and nash? is he gonna get 1st PP with them also?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

good question on Prospal. It appears like Prospal should be a pretty safe bet to be on one of the two PP units and likely the first one. However, remember Prospal is injury prone and has competition. At the same time, if Prospal plays like he can, even at his age, he could put up great numbers.

It isn't a given that he sticks with Nash/Carter but one thing is pretty guaranteed, if he is healthy he will be playing on the first or second line. Honestly, there is no point to have a player like Prospal anywhere else but as to which line or PP unit he'll ultimately end up on, it is too early to say. There still are the internal factors of if Prospal can maintain consistency, efficiency and health. Of course, external factors of how others play and if Carter and Nash stick together also shouldn't be overlooked.

Dobber Sports Stud

Disagree on Prospal being injury-prone. He was injured last year, but before that, hadn't missed more than 7 games in a season since 2001. If anythingg he's one of the more durable players in the league. Personally I think he's a lock for the 1st line and likely splits time on PP1 with Brassard.
    20 Team Pool Points Keeper
    G =1,A=1,PPG=1,PPA=0.5, SHG=1,GWG=1,PIM=0.1,+/-=0.25
    Goalie cats (W=2, SO=3, SV=0.05)

F: Malkin, B.Richards, Franzen, D.Brown, Boedker, Zajac, Atkinson, Scheifele, Read, Boyes
    D: Green, Schultz, Faulk, Goligoski
    G: Crawford

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Valid point on the injury topic slufoot. I don't know if I am ready to call him a lock for top line yet just because it seems a bit early to be making those assessments.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

thx for the input boys, gonna pick up as a FA instead of J.Jokinen. He'll at least start the season with nash-carter and we'll take it from there.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Any insight on Calvert? 70 point potential but any realistic predictions for the next couple years?

Thanks
    10 Team Yahoo H2H - Keep 5 - G,A,+/-,PPP,PIMS,HITS SOG,GWG/W,GAA,SV%,SO
    C: Tavares, Pavelski, Fabbri, Matthews, Rakell,
    LW: Landeskog, Sedin, Perron
    RW: Kucherov, Oshie, Radulov, Backes
    D: Subban, Petry, Gostisbehere, Green, Yandle, Werenski
    G: Price, Talbot

Canadian Dad Blog - http://canadiandad.com

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Calvert

I wrote a piece recently on Calvert but some things have changed and I am always willing to answer any questions. The fact that Cam Atkinson has made the team and if he can sustain his play with regular production, I do see this as an issue because Prospal and Atkinson for the time being appear to be ahead of him. It also doesn't help that Calvert tailed off considerably last year after his initial hot streak. I am really not sure if Calvert will ever reach 70 points but he might some day. However I wouldn't bank on it especially any time soon.