Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Retired - Columbus Blue Jackets

Dobber Sports Star

Where does Carter fit into this disaster?

I am getting great offers for him and am really torn - is he going to thrive since he will be the 1A go to guy (40-40?) or will he go down with this sinking ship?

I know it is hard to say, but ANY information or informed opinion would really help me decide whether or not to hold on or ship him while his value is high.

the offer I am considering is Stastny and Bogosian 241 for Carts

Thanks!!
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Carter

Carter is a pretty interesting player to own right now. He has proven himself in Philly, didn't have a long enough run in Columbus before getting hurt (injuries are an issue now in general potentially) and the Blue Jackets are as you say a sinking ship. I believe that Carter is by far the most talented player in that deal but because of the situation and the injuries, I don't blame you for considering cutting bait. All the same Stastny is a good player but isn't at the same level as Carter CAN be but see that is the catch, I think Carter will have a hard time putting up points like many of us assumed he could in Columbus for various reasons. There are so many ways Carter could go wrong in Columbus that I see Stastny as a safer bet.

Try to get something better than Bogosian. He's a bust fantasy-wise to be honest.
    Dobber Hockey Columbus Blue Jackets Forum Writer

Co-Commish of DTDL and UNFHL

Member of UHL, UDHL and LOFHL

http://twitter.com/#!/GGuthe

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Kubalik & Johansen

Watching the Blue Jackets this year has been nothing short of painful and their track record with prospects doesn't help inspire much confidence in the future either. Nonetheless, I'm doing it a bit differently this time:

1) What are your thoughts on what you have seen from Kubalik and Johansen?

2) Do you think Nikitin can have long term success in Columbus and does he have much of a ceiling?

If no one writes their views or asks for mine I won't bother to give my take. Just trying to get some life on this board.
    Dobber Hockey Columbus Blue Jackets Forum Writer

Co-Commish of DTDL and UNFHL

Member of UHL, UDHL and LOFHL

http://twitter.com/#!/GGuthe

Dobber Sports Immortal

The last post on here was January 19, so I figured Id chime in with their victory over the Wings tonight.

Knowing that the Jackets had already beat Detroit once this year (their 1st win of the season after starting 0-7-1), I wanted to see who else they had beat twice in this dismal 2012 season.

3 Games

Calgary Flames
    Phoenix Coyotes

2 Games

Detroit Red Wings
    Anaheim Ducks
    LA Kings

1 Games

Nashville
    Vancouver
    Dallas
    Edmonton
    Minnesota
    St. Louis
    San Jose
    Colorado
    Carolina
    Buffalo
    Montreal
    Winnipeg

So with that being said, the only Western team to not lose to the Blue Jackets this season are the Chicago Blackhawks.

Of their five remaining games, the only new teams they play are Florida and Long Island.

If Phoenix and Calgary miss the playoffs......WOW looking at their 1-3 record vs CBJ is going to sting.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Interesting tidbits hockeyrobot, thanks for posting em!

Man, I picked up Brassard and Dorsett and I already owned Umberger over the past weekend. They worked out pretty well but then served up a huge minus-7 combined i think on Monday. Glad I stuck with em they all contributed very nicely tonight!

Dobber Sports Genius

Part of the Jack Johnson has now been finalized.

With the Kings qualifying for the playoffs just now, Columbus can opt for Kings' first-round pick this June or in 2013. The Jackets must notify the Kings of their decision only two picks before Kings are on the clock this June.

I think they take the pick this year.

The Magnificent One

Really they only have to tell them 2 picks before they would make it. Wow talk anout handcuffing LA this summer. Can't make any deals for there first this yr or next yr. Crazy. From what I hear the draft class next yr is supposed to be better but this yr has top end dmen. CLB needs help everywhere but I think with wiz, JJ, and Nikitin they might go for q forward so who knows.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Genius

We always hear one draft class is going to be better the next year or this ones just defensive and there is some truth to these statements, but a lot of it is just not too predictable, and when it comes to CLB, who cares, they'll kill any great talent just about.

Anyhoo, I'm curious as to what they do with LA's first and I think it has a lot to do with whether or not they trade Nash mid-June. They may even trade their 1st if the right package comes along.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak