Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4 44 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 LastLast

Thread: Florida Panthers

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Florida Panthers

I took over a dynasty team this season with Denis Malgin and Jayce Hawrluk and have so far kept them both. I'd always like to hear about them.

Al
    so, Owen Tippet and Adam Mascherin both were surprising excluded from the Canada World Junior Camp yet Jonathon Ang got an invite. Would love to hear about his outlook.

And I'd be happy to hear any
    Aleksi Heponiemi hype you've got.

Dobber Sports Ninja

"For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Master

Not too shabby!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Might be time to ask about these two in fantasy hockey leagues because they're heating up but their season totals don't look too great yet.

Jayce Hawryluk (AHL)
    First 19 games: 2 goals, 6 points, 23 SOG
    Last 15 games: 4 goals, 13 points, 33 SOG

Owen Tippett (OHL)
    First 16 games: 6 goals, 16 points, 94 SOG
    Last 7 games: 11 goals, 20 points, 45 SOG

Dobber Sports Expert

Looks like Dadanov is back on top line

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Panther View Post
    Looks like Dadanov is back on top line
    I think Dadonov is the best option for the 1st line RW spot but there's one issue with that: Barkov, Huberdeau and Dadonov are all left-handed shots while Trocheck, Bjugstad and Malgin are all right-handed shots. It has worked for them but they may want to switch up those lines at some point. Dadonov was also back on the top PP unit as they moved Ekblad to the 2nd unit.

Mike Matheson was promoted to the top pair for the previous game, so he's now playing with Ekblad while Yandle is playing with Pysyk. An argument could be made that Matheson is actually the best all-around D-man on that team. Ekblad just seems so damn slow in comparison to him. That $4.875M cap hit for Matheson will be such a bargain, especially when you compare it to Ekblad's $7.5M and Yandle's $6.35M.

Maxim Mamin made his NHL debut on Sunday against the Blue Jackets. 9:19 TOI, didn't do anything special. He did throw 3 or 4 hits in that game but somehow the box score is showing him with 0 hits. They might give him more AHL time but he could be a solid 3rd line winger for the Panthers very soon. Not much fantasy hockey upside with him, though. So far, the Panthers have given NHL games to Owen Tippett, Henrik Haapala, Dryden Hunt, Curtis Valk and now Mamin but none of them have managed to earn a full-time job yet. I'm guessing Jayce Hawryluk is the next guy they're going to promote and see what he can do at the NHL level.

Dobber Sports Wizard

The Panthers had Dadonov-Barkov-Bjugstad and Huberdeau-Trocheck-Malgin as their top two lines, which means their 3rd line was pretty bad. Hopefully Borgstrom turns pro and they call up Hawryluk at some point so that they could have McCann-Borgstrom-Hawryluk as their 3rd line. The Trocheck line was amazing all game long while the Barkov line wasn't as good.

Sateri played a good game despite allowing 4 goals. He faced 46 shots and the Caps had a 5-on-3 power play for full two minutes, so it definitely wasn't an easy game for Sateri.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Dobber Sports Veteran

How do we feel about Borgstrom for the upcoming season?
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy D Monkey View Post
    How do we feel about Borgstrom for the upcoming season?
    Top 10 Calder candidate. Will start the season on the 3rd line (C or W) but could work his way up at some point.

Dobber Sports Pro

Hello Panthers fan!

i want to hear how you feel about Matheson for next season? I like his upside a lot and want to grab him in my upcoming UFA draft ...thanks
    League 1
    10 team, Dynasty, points only, 30 players, keep20 starts 12 F, 6 D, 2G , unlimited prospects(can keep them max 5 years)
    F: Mackinnon,Marner, Panarin, Eichel, Fiala, Hughes, Svechnikov, Robertson, Bratt, Kuznetsov, Hischier, B.Tkachuk, M.Tkachuk, Scheifele, Wheeler, Jenner, Drouin, Tatar, Colton
    D:Hughes, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dunn, Burns, Theodore, Slavin, Trouba G: Shesterkin, Binnington, Vanecek
    League2
    Cap league (82.5M with AAV), points only, 12 teams, keep 7, (9F, 4D, 2G)
    F: Hughes, Zuccarello,RNH, Marchessault, Scheifele, Toffoli, O’Reilly, Trocheck, Buchnevich extra: Marchenko
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Seider, Andersson
    G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Dover View Post
    Hello Panthers fan!

i want to hear how you feel about Matheson for next season? I like his upside a lot and want to grab him in my upcoming UFA draft ...thanks
    I wouldn't go too crazy about Matheson. He'll overtake Yandle at even strength soon enough but Yandle will likely keep his spot on the top PP for a long time. And Yandle never gets injured.

30-35 points is what I'd be expecting from Matheson. I'm a huge fan of him as a real-life player but he isn't as good in fantasy hockey.

Dobber Sports Pro

Thanks for the info JP!
    League 1
    10 team, Dynasty, points only, 30 players, keep20 starts 12 F, 6 D, 2G , unlimited prospects(can keep them max 5 years)
    F: Mackinnon,Marner, Panarin, Eichel, Fiala, Hughes, Svechnikov, Robertson, Bratt, Kuznetsov, Hischier, B.Tkachuk, M.Tkachuk, Scheifele, Wheeler, Jenner, Drouin, Tatar, Colton
    D:Hughes, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dunn, Burns, Theodore, Slavin, Trouba G: Shesterkin, Binnington, Vanecek
    League2
    Cap league (82.5M with AAV), points only, 12 teams, keep 7, (9F, 4D, 2G)
    F: Hughes, Zuccarello,RNH, Marchessault, Scheifele, Toffoli, O’Reilly, Trocheck, Buchnevich extra: Marchenko
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Seider, Andersson
    G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

Dobber Sports Deity

Tippett sent back to Jrs.

From The Athletic on Tippett

Tippett made the Panthers’ opening night roster last season and played in eight games before being sent back to the Mississauga Steelheads.

The Panthers would like to see him get stronger without the puck — the know he is a dynamic player when he has it — and get a little stronger in the corners.

“He’s a dominant player in junior,” Tallon said, “he just needs to become a more all-around player.”

As Boughner said, the Panthers’ roster is a touch stronger this September than it was last. Tippett took advantage of that last year; this time he did not.

“I don’t think he had the camp he wanted, but we had a long talk and I let him know how important he is to the future of this organization,” Boughner said.

“We’re banking on him, but he has to do his part a little bit.”
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Magnificent One

Well almost a year to the date since last post in this thread and I came here to talk about tibbett... ironic

I am thinking Tippett is a lock to make the team this year?

Also bummer hepo got sent down.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi