Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Is this the worst trade in the history of Fantasy Hockey?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

i dont see anything vetoable about this trade. obviously the perry side wins, but staal could put up monster numbers, and panik might be a good player someday. i've seen much worse trades.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by tml4life View Post
    IM also in this league with dr fantasy and im pretty pissed off about this trade. Team A after this deal gets made quits the league, as a few gm's comment on the trade. I worked hard to get the team i have and made sevral trades(22) since the league started this year, and now when this happens im wondering why try any more with guys like this in our league
    Lesson learned: This is why you go for the money each year in certain keeper leagues - you never know when they're on the verge of imploding.

At this point everyone is rightfully upset - Team A's GM quit, Team B is considered a crook and feathers are ruffled.

Unless the commissioner has Bill Clinton's tongue when handling damage control, this isn't going to end well.

Who takes it on the chin the most? GMs like you, tml4, who tried building your team the right way. Happens all the time in fantasy.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Apprentice

If a player makes a blockbuster trade which considerably weakens his team and then leaves the league, the commissioner should look seriously at reversing the move and any other moves he might have made recently. This is one of the only times when a veto is a reasonable option - trades made by GMs who have "given up" are absolutely not fair.

To the OP, if the commish isn't willing to explore options here I would consider leaving the league, and asking for a refund if applicable. This doesn't look like a guy making an honest but misguided trade, it looks like someone losing interest and figuring it doesn't matter if they screw up the league for the others.
    20 team H2H keeper. Keep 10. Now drafting...
    Start 2C, 2L, 2R, 2W, 2F, 4D, 1G daily
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG and W,GAA,SV%,SO

C: Getzlaf, Zetterberg, Mueller, Gerbe
    L: Parise, Elias, Prust, Pouliot
    R: Gaborik, Briere, Clarkson, Brouwer
    D: Weber, Yandle, E. Johnson, Zidlicky
    G: Howard, Gustavsson, Fasth

Farm: Toffoli, Tatar, Lehner, Josi

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by starglider View Post
    If a player makes a blockbuster trade which considerably weakens his team and then leaves the league, the commissioner should look seriously at reversing the move and any other moves he might have made recently. This is one of the only times when a veto is a reasonable option - trades made by GMs who have "given up" are absolutely not fair.

To the OP, if the commish isn't willing to explore options here I would consider leaving the league, and asking for a refund if applicable. This doesn't look like a guy making an honest but misguided trade, it looks like someone losing interest and figuring it doesn't matter if they screw up the league for the others.
    I agree 100% with this.

There are times when a trade should be vetoed or reversed. This is one of those times. Commissioner needs to step in and reverse this trade. If the other owner hadn't left... maybe it is more debatable. With the Team A owner leaving - I'd say there is enough reason for the trade to be reversed.

Dobber Sports Stud

Yeah even if you had some doubt as to whether or not the trade was vetoable, the manager quitting made your decision 100x easier as it's obvious he doesn't care at this point. Veto.
    The Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League. (Keep 17)
    3C 3LW 3RW 6D 2G 6BE.
    G,A,+-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT; GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV, SV%,SO
    (C) Kopitar, Kuznetsov, O'Reilly, Karlsson, Roslovic, Zacha
    (LW) Ovechkin, Forseberg, Bertuzzi(RW),
    (RW) Rantanen, Bratt(LW), Radulov
    (D) Josi, Burns, Pietrangelo, Karlsson, Heiskanen, Dunn, Boqvist
    (G) Gibson, Quick, Hart, Petersen
    (IR) Domi

10 Person Farm: (<200GP for F, <100GP for G)
    (C) Zegras(LW), Bourque
    (LW) Kaliyev(RW)
    (RW) Glass(C), Raymond(LW)
    (D) Power
    (G) Ingram, Knight, Levi, Primeau

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    i dont see anything vetoable about this trade. obviously the perry side wins, but staal could put up monster numbers, and panik might be a good player someday. i've seen much worse trades.
    agreed, perry side wins, but Staal should be pegged at 60 plus not 50.
    IDHL League 28 team H2H league multicat full keeper
    Rebuilding

Cooley, Guenther, Hoglander, Lundell, Quinn, Voronkov, Stankoven, Carlsson

Hutson, Zellweger, Clarke, Miller, Xhekai, Malinski, Thrun

Skinner, Dostal, Hofer

Beck, Bolduc, Dumais, Gaucher, Gunler, Pervalov
    Ufko, Benning, Del Mastro, Peart, Grudinin

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by 5hole View Post
    And i thought the 1 i just did was bad.

I Give: Datsyuk + Rinne + my 1st in 12

I Get: Heatley + Pavelec + Brassard + Stepan + Myers

Thoughts?
    I dont mind this trade at all. the way i see it:

you downgrade from datsyuk to heatley
    you downgrade from rinne to pavelec

you get brassard, stepan, and myers for those two downgrades. depending on if you have to drop anyone, how many you're allowed to keep etc, i can actually see you possibly winning that deal.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

What makes this worse is that the owner that quit, if im not mistaken, was in the league before as another team. When he quit he basically told the league to F'Off.
    Now he's back and the league didnt even consult everyone b4 allowing him!

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Fantasy View Post
    What makes this worse is that the owner that quit, if im not mistaken, was in the league before as another team. When he quit he basically told the league to F'Off.
    Now he's back and the league didnt even consult everyone b4 allowing him!
    I'd quit the league myself if nothing is done to reverse that deal. What a joke.

And I'd also ensure that goof is never allowed back in.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Now Im really getting a headache from this.

His saying that that 3 other deals are just as bad or worse then the Perry one.

Trade 1
    Thornton for Ribero

Trade 2
    Victor Hedman, Nathan Horton & JVR for Kevin Shattenkirk, Matt Duchene & Kris Letang

Trade 3
    dubnyk, Peckham, 2012 3rd
    for.
    A. Yashin, Jim vandermeer, Andrew alberts, Garret rowe, Chey gennoway, Andreas engqvist, and j Culek.
    Keep in mind that hits and PIMs r cats(Alberts was a hits beast b4 he got inj last year). Also the team getting Yashin is a veteran squad wanting to win now and thus the gamble. Dubie is not even guaranteed the #1 Job.

Heres his thoughts on the kids that hes trading:

Vatanen,Smith,Emery ( who very well could end up a decent backup and is still young enough to be a starter elsewhere next season),Panik each hold the value of a 1st rounder at least. Panik f.e. has the chance of playing with Stamkos pretty soon. Wilson and Knight are sure fire NHlérs in the wait IMO. If you disagree well i like those players. And Staal was injured last season and should center Malkin this season.

While it wasn´t my last offer and i would have upped it, it isn´t that bad at all for his team.

Jorden Staal, 4 1sts round talents in my opinion and 3 decent other prospects is nowhere as bad as Dubnyk and Peckham for fill ins and a 37 old FA.

Still trying to figure out how any of those prospects will ever have close to 1st rd value or are even sure fire NHLers.
    And Pannik playing with Stamkos? Ahead of who? Unless he thinks he'll be switched to LW but no one makes a trade based on that. I dont even know if Panik will ever be a top 6er.

Dobber Sports Icon

Notice the key letters in all of that - IMO.

None of those deals are close to the Perry one. And none of those prospects are close to being worth a 1st rounder.

Dobber Sports Expert

As the Commish in my league, that's why we have specific rules in place for recent bad trades previous to a GMs exit to be reviewed by our trade committee. The league would probably not outright veto this but I'm pretty sure would demand a thorough explanation of the intent of the trades. If this meant valued GMs would be leaving I'd veto this regardless. Especially seeing as this is the 3rd crappy trade, it just reeks of suspicion. As a Commish who values the time and energy of his GMs I would definetely veto this as it is an insult to the rest of your league not to mention done on purpose to explode your league. I really hope I never have to deal with something of this magnitude. Good luck in your decision.
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Dobber Sports Ace

As much as you don't like a deal you can't veto it just because you don't like it. A deal can ONLY be vetoed if there is no value exchanged or if there is collusion. In this trade the answer is NO on both accounts. Do I like the deal NO but there is no reason to veto it.
    Member of OCHA

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by SPOILER View Post
    As much as you don't like a deal you can't veto it just because you don't like it. A deal can ONLY be vetoed if there is no value exchanged or if there is collusion. In this trade the answer is NO on both accounts. Do I like the deal NO but there is no reason to veto it.
    No reason? How about that after he made the trade he quit the league. That sounds like collusion/trying to screw the league over to me. If I was GM of this league it's easily vetoed.
    The Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League. (Keep 17)
    3C 3LW 3RW 6D 2G 6BE.
    G,A,+-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT; GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV, SV%,SO
    (C) Kopitar, Kuznetsov, O'Reilly, Karlsson, Roslovic, Zacha
    (LW) Ovechkin, Forseberg, Bertuzzi(RW),
    (RW) Rantanen, Bratt(LW), Radulov
    (D) Josi, Burns, Pietrangelo, Karlsson, Heiskanen, Dunn, Boqvist
    (G) Gibson, Quick, Hart, Petersen
    (IR) Domi

10 Person Farm: (<200GP for F, <100GP for G)
    (C) Zegras(LW), Bourque
    (LW) Kaliyev(RW)
    (RW) Glass(C), Raymond(LW)
    (D) Power
    (G) Ingram, Knight, Levi, Primeau

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by jeffl97 View Post
    No reason? How about that after he made the trade he quit the league. That sounds like collusion/trying to screw the league over to me. If I was GM of this league it's easily vetoed.
    Definitely NOT collusion (a secret agreement, especially for fraudulent or treacherous purposes; conspiracy)

As for screwing the league over, the other GM got some assests in return. I'm not trying to defend anyone as I don't like the trade. But in terms of a veto it just doesn't fit into the proper definition.

Every league should have a rule in place in order to rectify trades like this. Such as any trade will be unapproved if a GM leaves the league within a certain time period after the initial transaction.
    Member of OCHA