Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: HPG - Draft Guru

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by behindthegeek View Post
    Do you remember what time it happened? Maybe I can match you up with the debugging info.
    draft started at 8:30 est, so between 8:30 and 8:40? but it may of been a bit later, as i said i wasn't organized at all and was scrambling to get something to work!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

This glitch is still occurring for me but less frequently. Occurred today at 2:30 pm KST

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'm getting a ton of internal server errors today...

Another issue I'm coming across - no matter how many times I add Hartnell, Byfuglien, and a few others, they constantly re-add to the available players list...

Dobber Sports Demi-God

how are you adding them Dyz?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    how are you adding them Dyz?
    Was doing it with Bulk Add - once I switched to doing it one by one via the main page it worked.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Was doing it with Bulk Add - once I switched to doing it one by one via the main page it worked.
    Weird - bulk add has been the one reliable thing for me in loading the Guru. Did you have a brain fart and not save the the changes? Anyway, good to hear single entry is working fine for you - I tried to update some draft results on Saturday and it was playing silly bugger.

Jamie is a hound, he will have it all sorted soon. Just glad to have it for this draft season.

I tried adding them probably 5-6 times. Was definitely weird.

Dobber Sports Stud

Does the Guru handle traded draft picks? Can one pre-set a draft order?
    H2H 10 GMs Keeper: keep up to 4 at cost of draft pick (round) G, A,+/-,Blocks,SOG,PPP; Wins,GAA,Sv% Start 3C 3RW 3LW 4D 2G, weekly starts
    C: Еric Staal   Henrik Zetterberg (LW)   Matt Duchene   Brayden Point   Danny Heinen (C/LW/RW)
    LW: Johnny Gaudreau   Taylor Hall   Jonathan Huberdeau   Nick Schmaltz (C/LW)
    RW: Никита Kucherov   Blake Wheeler   Jakub Voráček   Teuvo Teräväinen (LW/RW)
    D: Shea Weber   Dustin Byfuglien   Keith Yandle   Seth Jones
    G: Ben Bishop   Jake Allen   Martin Jones

Dobber Sports Demi-God

you can preset the draft order but I don't think it will handle traded picks.

Dobber Sports Star

As Shoeless mentions, the draft order is just the order in which you enter the teams into the Guru. As for traded picks, you have to do that manually -- just change the team from the drop-down menu.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by hockeypoolgeek View Post
    As Shoeless mentions, the draft order is just the order in which you enter the teams into the Guru. As for traded picks, you have to do that manually -- just change the team from the drop-down menu.
    Yeah - realized that after I had posted it - very easy to handle pick swaps with manual override.

Dobber Sports Pro

ok im niew with that and I didnt read all the 4 pages...

can draftguru make a list to prepare for my pool or it has to be me one by one with what they say is the best player available so i can do my list like that...

? i'm not sure I understand how its work....

if somebody can explain quicky it will be appreciated!!!!

thanks
    6 teams dynasty pool,points only,no pos. for F, Keep All, 12F, 6D, 2G count.....backup=6F, 4D, 2G, 4 roster moves( 2 at 30th game and 2 at NHL deadline)
    F- , P. Kane,Eichel, DeBrincat, Kopitar, Wheeler, Kuznetsov, Point, Huberdeau, Verhaghe, Bergeron,Keller, Batherson, Schmaltz, W.Nylander, Buchnevich,Rantanen
    D- Makar, Gostisbehere, Carlson, Burns, Barrie, M. Rielly, Hronek, DeAngelo, KA Miller
    G- Vasilevskyi, Sorokin, Campbell, Markstrom
    Farm: Lundell, Guenther, Holtz, Glass, E. Svechnikov, Denisenko, Newhook, Heponiemi, Lauko,Neighbours, Bokk N. Foote, Borgstrom, Dahlen, Bokk, S. Poulin, Zelleweger, Liljegren, Heinola, Perunovich, S. Knight.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by sharpp87 View Post
    ok im niew with that and I didnt read all the 4 pages...

can draftguru make a list to prepare for my pool or it has to be me one by one with what they say is the best player available so i can do my list like that...

? i'm not sure I understand how its work....

if somebody can explain quicky it will be appreciated!!!!

thanks
    Hey there - yeah this is how it works - you enter all your league information into the league set-up function on HPG - make sure you it do it correctly - take your time and get it right. Be careful with category weights - particularly GAA - you need to specify that less is good there - where most cats are more is good - same goes for goalie losses - less is good.

Once you set up your league then you just run a player ranking and the HPG ranking tool gives you a complete list of players ranked according to their value in your particular league. You need to tell it which statistics set to base the rankings on - last year, last 2 years, dobber projections, etc.

You can export the ranking file to your computer as a CSV file (fancy name for comma separated values) but it's basically a spreadsheet with your players ranked. There's your list.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Hopefully someone's kicking around here. I need help.

How do I import the dobber/hpg projections into my league so I can draft guru based on them? I can't find them in the available list and it certainly says on the site that you get access to them.

I've fully subscribed and paid.

Thank you.