Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Worse trade you made recently (just for fun)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

My league is 12 team H2H that keeps 5 players.

The summer of 2010 was horrid.
    I traded my 6th rounder + Price for a 16th rounder + Spezza (who I used as my 5th keeper).
    After the draft I traded Hossa and Spezza for Kovalchuk (who basically didn't get a point until X-mas).
    I then rejected a deal involving Price being offered to me for Markov cause I had poor depth at D and the Wsh trio of goalies, Vokoun, Leighton and Roloson.

Suffered the entire year through the "Curse of the Price", struggled with goaltending until I traded all my forward depth to get Bryzgalov, not to mention Markov was a write-off. Cost me a shot at the league.

Dobber Sports Guru

In February, 2010, I needed a good young goalie. So I traded Duncan Keith for Steve Mason straight up. Keith has since won a Norris trophy, while Mason had trouble holding on to his starting job over Garon.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I traded Malkin for Toews and the 3rd OA pick last year.

Worst trade I ever made.... Just really needed a C for the 2nd half of the season. Ended up winning my pool, I have Toews wild point streak to thank for that, but gave up Malkin.

The more I look at it, the more upset I get....
    GMHL Dynasty
    14 Team H2H 27-Pro/20-Farm
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 7BN, 4IR+
    G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG,SOG, HITS, BLKS, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Mike Ribeiro, Patrik Elias, Tyler Johnson, Stephen Weiss, Steve Ott, Jarret Stoll
    LW: Gabriel Landeskog, Mats Zuccarello, Marcus Johansson, RJ Umberger, Matt Cooke, Justin Abdelkader
    RW: Troy Brouwer, Daniel Alfredsson, Erik Cole, Shane Doan, Jackob Silfverberg
    D: Dustin Byfuglien, Brent Seabrook, Joni Pitkanen, Erik Gudbranson, Matt Carle, Dmitri Orlov, Seth Jones, Hampus Lindholm
    G: Henrik Lundqvist, Anton Khudobin, Jason LaBarbera, Devan Dubnyk, Anders Lindback

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by TwoPuckCanuck View Post
    I traded Malkin for Toews and the 3rd OA pick last year.

Worst trade I ever made.... Just really needed a C for the 2nd half of the season. Ended up winning my pool, I have Toews wild point streak to thank for that, but gave up Malkin.

The more I look at it, the more upset I get....
    Any deal that wins you a pool isn't a bad trade. Sure you gave up Malkin, but you won the pool because of it. That's a good deal.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Pro

My keeper, points only, allows ONE waiver pickup for the year and I used it on Hiller about a month before he had the vertigo issues....

Sold HIGH on Hiller before his vertigo:

Hiller and 2 2011 3rd rounders
    for
    Spezza, Doan

Awesome.

Then at the trade deadline, looking for a D replacement for a possible retirng Lidstrom (who I owned) I moved Spezza for Rafalski and 2 different 3rd rounders. I made this trade in a rush and ultimately it did hardly anything different for my 2nd place finish.
    Then ofcourse Rafalski retires.....crap!

The way Ilook at it now is that I have another years grace with Lidstrom coming back.

And I took a free waiver pick that is ulimately Doan..... but it should have been Doan AND Rafalski!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Any deal that wins you a pool isn't a bad trade. Sure you gave up Malkin, but you won the pool because of it. That's a good deal.
    I would usually agree, except for the fact that its a keeper league and its year 3 of the pool. I wanted to win now and did, but sacrificed owning Malkin in the process.
    GMHL Dynasty
    14 Team H2H 27-Pro/20-Farm
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 7BN, 4IR+
    G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG,SOG, HITS, BLKS, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Mike Ribeiro, Patrik Elias, Tyler Johnson, Stephen Weiss, Steve Ott, Jarret Stoll
    LW: Gabriel Landeskog, Mats Zuccarello, Marcus Johansson, RJ Umberger, Matt Cooke, Justin Abdelkader
    RW: Troy Brouwer, Daniel Alfredsson, Erik Cole, Shane Doan, Jackob Silfverberg
    D: Dustin Byfuglien, Brent Seabrook, Joni Pitkanen, Erik Gudbranson, Matt Carle, Dmitri Orlov, Seth Jones, Hampus Lindholm
    G: Henrik Lundqvist, Anton Khudobin, Jason LaBarbera, Devan Dubnyk, Anders Lindback

Dobber Sports Ace

Zetterberg for Berglund, Schroeder, Steen, two 2nd rounders and the rights to radulov.

If berglund doesnt pull through ill regret trading one of the few 80 point players for odds and ends.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

my worst was my first

summer after first season of keeper league, having finished close to last, and needing a 2nd goalie, I assumed I'd just draft a goalie high anyway, so traded my 1st for Vesa Toskala ....aaaand the guy with my 1st went on to draft Toews.

Yes, I was still quite new to this game. However, I pretty much think I can say I've never lost another trade ... and snagged my first championship this year!
    CBS Sportsline H2H 14 team keeper league (keep 14)
    (G, A, Shots, Blocked Shots, PPPs, +/- (no PIMs in our league), W, Sv%, GAA)

C: Pettersson, Aho, Hischier, O’Reilly, Coyle, Novak
    W: Marner, Debrincat, Barzal,
    Kempe, Mittlestadt, Terevainen, P.Kane, Kakko
    D: Pietrangelo, Doughty, Werenski, Dunn, Provorov, York, McNabb
    G: Skinner, Vanacek, UPL

2010-11 & 2018-19 Champs

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Worst trade would be sending Erik Johnson, Brayden Schenn, and 4th OA pick for Eberle, Sekera, and the 36th OA pick.

I made the deal under the assumption that we would have 100% returning managers in our league but we had 4 teams drop out with the league wanting to contract to improve the FA pool. Now the 4th OA pick is going to be someone like James Neal, Marion Gaborik or Alexander Semin. 100% returning mangers would have saw a 40 point player availalble at that spot.
    15 Year Rebuild - Turd Ferguson (commish)
    21/22 Keeper League - Fringe Hockey Division (commish)
    TwoMinutesForRoughing - Sunnyvale Samsquanches
    Vulcanized Rubber Dynasty - Midwest Pipeliners
    Potbelly Hockey - Middleclass Gangsters

Dobber Sports Rookie

I traded Dubinsky for Penner at the Deadline. Awful deal. But well, i won the league anyway.
    9 Team ROTO League (ESPN), 10 Keepers, 2 Kid-Keepers (82 or less NHL-games played), 4 C, 4 RW, 4 LW, 6 D, 2 G, 5 UTIL, Game-Limits: Forwards 984, Defensemen 492, Goalies: 164

G, A, PPP, PIM, +/-, HIT, SOG; W, SO, GAA, SV%

C: Datsyuk, RNH, Bergeron, Spezza, Rinaldo
    LW: Ovechkin, Kunitz, Hall, Perron, Clowe
    RW: Callahan, Clarkson, Stewart, Brunner, Vrbata
    D: Del Zotto, Hedman, Ehrhoff, Goligoski, Visnovsky, Martin

G: Howard, Rinne, Ellis

IR: Ward, Spezza

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

One of the first trades in the league in signature. It was my first real exposure to a deep keeper league with prospects. (I needed a challenge after always winning the Yahoo leagues I entered). Rough initiation.

E. Christensen (F, ATL), R. Smolenak (F, TB), A. Bodnarchuk (D, BOS) and ATl. 09 2nd (Kieran Millian)

for

Jason Pominville (F, BUF)

Damn you, WildHendy (Trotts6)
    ZFHL Stanley Cup Champ 2014

P Sharp - N Backstrom - P Marleau
    D Perron - A Tanguay - M Hossa
    J Williams - C Soderberg - J Abdelkader
    K Clifford - B Pirri - R Clune

D Keith - J Schultz
    B Dillon - S Salo
    V Bartley - R Ellis

C Price

C Adams, M Latta, K Ramo

Farm: Nylander, Goldobin, Anton Karlsson, S Griffith, M Hrivlik, J Marchessault, S Wilson, T Blugers, B Hart, K, Agostino, S Elliott, C Ruhwedel, J Klingberg, A Sergeev, H Tommernes, S Brittain, ...

30 team salary cap with 30 NHL roster & 30 prospects plus unsigned prospects = ZFHL also (DTDL and Scfhl2)

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by tripel View Post
    my worst was my first

summer after first season of keeper league, having finished close to last, and needing a 2nd goalie, I assumed I'd just draft a goalie high anyway, so traded my 1st for Vesa Toskala ....aaaand the guy with my 1st went on to draft Toews.

Yes, I was still quite new to this game. However, I pretty much think I can say I've never lost another trade ... and snagged my first championship this year!
    I actually get shivers just thinking about that trade. Ouch!

Good job on winning the ship though!
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by tripel View Post
    my worst was my first

Yup, remember that, too funny.

And the same guy that burned Tripel on that trade burned me that same year when I gave him Backstrom/Perry for StLouis/Kaberle, ouch. It was 3 years ago and Perry was still under the radar, but I knew what I had in him and especially Backstrom (even though he was a rookie).

He then went on to trade for Crosby, trading away Varlamov/Spezza/Toews/Knuble/Barker/Bieksa for Rinne/Crosby/Keith/Gagner. Bastard!
    Last edited by ross10019; August 11, 2011 at 2:29 PM.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Ace

My worst trade was easily sending letang for souray last summer before all the stuff went down with souray. He was a monster in our league leading up to it but seriously, no excuses. Just a god awful trade.
    F: P. Kane, Oshie, N. Foligno, Thorton, Coyle, Marleau, Pavelski, Dubinsky
    Steen
    D: seabrooke, Subban,wizniewski,garrison, Carle
    G: Niemi, Fleury,

G/A-1 pt PIM- .25pts
    Win-2pts Shutouts- 5pts(2+3)
    Keep 10. Top 13 count (4 d, 1 g, 6 Frwd and next highest-any position)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Yup, remember that, too funny.

And the same guy that burned Tripel on that trade burned me that same year when I gave him Backstrom/Perry for StLouis/Kaberle, ouch. It was 3 years ago and Perry was still under the radar, but I knew what I had in him and especially Backstrom (even though he was a rookie).

He then went on to trade for Crosby, trading away Varlamov/Spezza/Toews/Knuble/Barker/Bieksa for Rinne/Crosby/Keith/Gagner. Bastard!
    Yeah, but where's it gotten him? nowhere!
    Whereas we've got the hardware!
    (the royal we, that is...)

Actually, you didn't reaaaly lose that trade.... Kaberle and st Louis are no slouches, and you traded Marty for something good, if I recall
    Last edited by tripel; August 11, 2011 at 3:34 PM.
    CBS Sportsline H2H 14 team keeper league (keep 14)
    (G, A, Shots, Blocked Shots, PPPs, +/- (no PIMs in our league), W, Sv%, GAA)

C: Pettersson, Aho, Hischier, O’Reilly, Coyle, Novak
    W: Marner, Debrincat, Barzal,
    Kempe, Mittlestadt, Terevainen, P.Kane, Kakko
    D: Pietrangelo, Doughty, Werenski, Dunn, Provorov, York, McNabb
    G: Skinner, Vanacek, UPL

2010-11 & 2018-19 Champs