Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2011-2012 NHL Team Line Combos

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

Quote Originally Posted by littleranger View Post
    I know I'm late to the party but I would love to take care of the Rangers. Just got my computer back and watch at least 80 Ranger games a year!
    Sounds good to me!
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Mercy, I'm ready for training camps to start so we can actually start using this tool.

Many of the default lines are actually set using the most common "Line Combinations" from "Last 10 Games" of last year by using "Frozen Pool". (Man, that's a great tool)

BTW - sign me up for Pittsburgh Penguins (until somebody volunteers). I hate the Penguins, but I check their practice blog daily as a Malkin-owner in a position league. They practice from 10am-12pm every day and practice line combinations are posted on that blog - which is updated every few minutes during practice. (Great value!)

Dobber Sports Demi-God

We are getting close to training camps.
    Already we have a first source to apply - Dobber's link today to Bylsma's comments on line combinations. I'm off to change them right now!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Sept 13th.
    Minnesota Wild forecasted lines updated (per Dobber's Ramblings note).

Dobber Sports Master

how many more spots need to be filled pengwin?
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Open spots are listed in the first post of the thread.
    I'll probably monitor Detroit & Pittsburgh & Dallas until some DET or PIT superfan can moderate those teams.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Open spots are listed in the first post of the thread.
    I'll probably monitor Detroit & Pittsburgh & Dallas until some DET or PIT superfan can moderate those teams.
    you okay dealing with 3 teams?
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by TK12555 View Post
    you okay dealing with 3 teams?
    Sort of... ideally, I know that a DET or PIT fan will emerge during the season.

re: DAL
    In my dynasty league, I have four Dallas Stars (Eriksson, Morrow, Ott, Benn), so I'll be paying close attention to them.

re: PIT
    In my keeper $$$ league, I have Malkin & Fleury - so I read the Penguins practice blog everyday on NHL.com. It only takes 5 minutes and the writer always lists practice line combinations.

re: DET
    There are enough Detroit fans where somebody will want to do this (Dean?, Sentium?). It's not hard. I have several Red Wings in my pools and this is my "hometown" and 2nd favourite team. So, I follow them pretty closely.

TK, I think you have the capacity to take on a 2nd team.
    Buffalo Sabres? Division rival? Not too far away to follow.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Sort of... ideally, I know that a DET or PIT fan will emerge during the season.

re: DAL
    In my dynasty league, I have four Dallas Stars (Eriksson, Morrow, Ott, Benn), so I'll be paying close attention to them.

re: PIT
    In my keeper $$$ league, I have Malkin & Fleury - so I read the Penguins practice blog everyday on NHL.com. It only takes 5 minutes and the writer always lists practice line combinations.

re: DET
    There are enough Detroit fans where somebody will want to do this (Dean?, Sentium?). It's not hard. I have several Red Wings in my pools and this is my "hometown" and 2nd favourite team. So, I follow them pretty closely.

TK, I think you have the capacity to take on a 2nd team.
    Buffalo Sabres? Division rival? Not too far away to follow.
    If it's really needed, let me know. I'm really busy currently (and will be throughout the season) but nothing stops me from watching Leafs games. If it's absolutely needed, I'll consider for ya

Talk to Bomm about it, he loves that team.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Saw your message in the document Pengwin7, and I can be a Mod for the Wild. Not promising everything will be constantly updated but I will do my best. Thanks.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

BUMP.

To anybody willing to be a MOD, most rosters (except the overseas teams) should be trimmed to 23 players in the next few days. Most teams will have 14F (+2 sub) & 7D (+1 sub) & 2G.

Injured players are now marked with a blue strikethrough.
    There is a Mod-Line at the bottom where you can put your most recently used source.

I'm also hoping every MOD can do a "hard-save" or download the file on your team's number of the month. Every team is numbered (top left), so October 2nd would be the Boston Bruins mod's night to download. Then again on Nov 2nd, Dec 2nd, etc... just one night a month.

There have been a couple fudge-ups to the spreadsheet and eventually... some date... I'm sure somebody will enjoy fudging the whole thing or deleting it and we'll need to put a new one back up online.

Go Hockey!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Wow, this is so awesome I'm drooling at the prospect of using it this season. Just one question: What's the number in brackets after a player's name mean?
    Thanks for setting this up!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by jff100 View Post
    Just one question: What's the number in brackets after a player's name mean?
    The player's actual salary. (Not his "cap number")
    Some people have salary-cap fantasy leagues.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Greetings! I am claiming my interest in becoming a co-moderator for the Calgary Flames for this season. I've been in contact briefly with Dobber and Gates about this..

Today I picked up the following:

Mikael Backlund will be out up to six weeks with a broken finger ... Brendan Morrison and Jarome Iginla both practiced on the ice with the team in Banff today, but their statuses for the beginning of the season are still up in the air ... talk earlier was of Iginla potentially being placed on IR for the start ...
    Sarich has been practicing and is expected to be in the lineup to start the year.

It seems David Moss is slated to skate between Iginla and Tanguay, should Iginla be ready to go. Rookie Roman Horak was slated to skate on the third line before news of Backlund's injury came out, and with Moss and Jokinen taking the top two spots, should still be there Saturday.

Jordan Henry and Derek Smith will battle for the 7th spot on defence.

Hopefully I will find out more tomorrow when the roster will be finalized for Saturday's game.

Thanks Gates and the rest at dobberhockey.com for the opportunity to write in and provide info!

Dobber Sports Recruit

Well and suddenly the Flames nhl.com webpage reports Iginla is ready to play for the season opener...