Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2011-2012 NHL Team Line Combos

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Too early to tell anything for sure, but I'd be shocked if the Oilers didn't throw Smyth-Horcoff-Hemsky together for a while.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Great idea, thanks for setting it up.

Thoughts on LA Kings:
    Fraser is out indefinitely & I would expect Loktionov to make the squad.
    Top 9 is pretty straight forward. My guess is that 4th line will be B. Richards, Lewis & Loktionov, but Lokti & Parse will bounce between 3rd / 4th lines (Murray juggles a LOT). I am guessing M Richards will get PP1 time, either over Penner, or they will split up Doughty / Johnson.

Looks good though, great resource

The Wolverine

Wow, nice work Pengwin!

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Would love to have my Habs thoughts supplemented by the other Habs fans, Ericdaoust, McGoo, Chicleteur, etc.
    Sure my friend! I think you're right on these lines. Although, it probably won't be until the last day of the camp that we'll see who will play with Gomez and Gionta. However, with they way they were playing before Chara tried to kill Pacioretty, I would say it deserve another try.

As for this whole idea Pengwin7 brought back, nice to see it back! It reminds me of the old thread we used to have here. It was a lot of effort as we were like 6-8 people doing it (one by conference), but now if all team can have a guy or two, that would be easier for everybody. I can certainly give ross10019 and Ericdaoust a hand with the Habs.

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Chicleteur View Post
    Sure my friend! I think you're right on these lines. Although, it probably won't be until the last day of the camp that we'll see who will play with Gomez and Gionta. However, with they way they were playing before Chara tried to kill Pacioretty, I would say it deserve another try.

As for this whole idea Pengwin7 brought back, nice to see it back! It reminds me of the old thread we used to have here. It was a lot of effort as we were like 6-8 people doing it (one by conference), but now if all team can have a guy or two, that would be easier for everybody. I can certainly give ross10019 and Ericdaoust a hand with the Habs.
    You have been added
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

Team Coverage beat writers have until Sunday August 7th to report and get first dibs on being the lead moderator for the line changes.

After that it is fair game / first come first serve.
    Gates Imbeau

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by GMGates View Post
    You have been added
    Thanks my friend!

The remaining teams are now up for grabs to members who wish to supply fellow dobberites with up-to-date line up coverage.

Please post here or via PM.
    Gates Imbeau

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

As the current Red Wings' Team Coverage guy, I don't think I am going to have time to do this project. I could help out but I would prefer if a "Real Red Wings'" fan took the responsibility.

...Plus, it's too damn tiring to even try to attempt to figure out Babcocks' rotating lineups.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

It is a good idea...however, lines being an unprecise science, wasn't Frozen Pool's line combo tool purposly designed to save us the work of checking who plays with who?

Just a thought I'd like to be enlighten.

I'd be a Canadiens candidate but the void has been filled already. I'm pretty sure I'd have my head chop off if they'd see me analyse the Bruins Leafs or Sens lineup! héhé I will therefore stand pat.
    Keeper league H2H weekly (12 teams, 22P, 12K)
    9 Skater stats: P, G, +/-, PPG, PPP, GWG, Shots, Hits, BS -- 4 Goalie stats: W, SO, Save%, GAA%
    C: Dubois, Hischier, Patrick
    W: Rakell, Pastrnak, Ferland, Ho-Sang
    D: Dumba, Klingberg, Rielly, Klefbom
    G: Raanta, Grubauer
    Bench: Hart, C. Anderson, Kinkaid, M. Smith, Werenski, Myers, Zadina, Ferland, Ho-Sang,

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gfunkb7 View Post
    It is a good idea...however, lines being an unprecise science, wasn't Frozen Pool's line combo tool purposly designed to save us the work of checking who plays with who?

Just a thought I'd like to be enlighten.

I'd be a Canadiens candidate but the void has been filled already. I'm pretty sure I'd have my head chop off if they'd see me analyse the Bruins Leafs or Sens lineup! h�h� I will therefore stand pat.
    Well frozen pool doesn't update you on what the lines look like leading up to the season. Also, they don't tell you who plays what position, if i remember correctly.

Thanks for the concerns gfunk!

Although, like mentioned earlier - both tools serve much different purposes.

Of course FrozenPool is the ultimate tool for exactly what you stated, however this Black Aces project aims at ...

focusing on gameday and pregame combinations. The moderators who watch the majority of their team's games will be able to provide this type of update.

I think the safe bet is to assume that updates will be made once teams release their night lineup or speculated lineup when faced with an injury or shake up. Up until puck drop for last minute reference on who to start.

If we get all 30 teams fully active via one or two members, I wouldn't see why constant updates would be out of question.

While it won't be perfect, any edge we can give poolies to win is key. The layout and foundation is a very neat idea, why not explore it?
    Gates Imbeau

Dobber Sports Veteran

I know I'm late to the party but I would love to take care of the Rangers. Just got my computer back and watch at least 80 Ranger games a year!
    Follow me for some fantasy hockey, Jays tweets @thelandshock

Dobber Sports Initiate

Sweet, love this. This is exactly what I was searching for. One question tho, for the teams that haven't been edited by the mods yet where did the original line combinations come from?

Quote Originally Posted by grindin griers View Post
    Sweet, love this. This is exactly what I was searching for. One question tho, for the teams that haven't been edited by the mods yet where did the original line combinations come from?
    Pengwin took them from Dobber's guide I believe.
    Gates Imbeau