Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: An HPG Contest

Dobber Sports Star

Default An HPG Contest

At www.hockeypoolgeek.com, we're very excited to be part of the Dobber Sports Network. In honour of that, we'll be doing a series of Deep Analysis articles.

So here's the contest: we will be doing three Deep Analysis articles for users that are both our subscribers and active members of the Dobberhockey community.

We'll be drawing three teams, covering off the following general categories:
    • A standard-ish roto league: 10-14 teams (150-250 players owned overall), 10-14 scoring categories, 7-15 keepers per team, no contracts, no cap.
    • A fantasy points league: Similar size to the roto league, but with fantasy points instead of roto scoring. No contracts, no cap.
    • A nice-n-deep league: 16+ teams (300-400 players owned overall), H2H, no contracts, no cap.

If you want an in-depth audit of a team, send an email to geek at hockeypoolgeek dot com. The email must have the subject line "Deep Analysis Contest!" and contain the following:
    1. Your Dobberhockey Forums username
    2. The email address you've used to subscribe to HPG
    3. The number of teams in your league
    4. The format of each team: number at each position, starting slots, bench, etc
    5. The style of scoring: fantasy points or category totals (roto-style)
    6. The time period of scoring: H2H or full season
    7. The scoring categories for the league
    8. The number of keepers per team
    9. Any other rule quirks that you think we'd need to know

We will draw randomly from the entries received in each of the three league setups.The resulting articles will be published both on Hockey Pool Geek and Dobberhockey. The contest is open to HPG subscribers who are members of the Dobberhockey Forums only! Why? Because we recognize that people like having Deep Analysis done on their team, and we genuinely appreciate the support from our subscribers. The winners will be contacted the week of August 15th.

So fire in your entries! Good luck!
    Last edited by fantasyhockeygeek; July 26, 2011 at 1:03 PM.

Dobber Sports Ninja

That's awesome, glad I subscribed recently. You can expect an email from me shortly haha

Oh woops missed the "no cap" part. Oh well, still glad I subscribed
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Stud

Great idea, and I'm sad my league doesn't fit the criteria for the contest. I'll hold out hope you'll do another analysis contest for one-year/very limited keeper leagues after drafts are done, and try to get in line first for that one!
    H2H 10 GMs Keeper: keep up to 4 at cost of draft pick (round) G, A,+/-,Blocks,SOG,PPP; Wins,GAA,Sv% Start 3C 3RW 3LW 4D 2G, weekly starts
    C: Еric Staal   Henrik Zetterberg (LW)   Matt Duchene   Brayden Point   Danny Heinen (C/LW/RW)
    LW: Johnny Gaudreau   Taylor Hall   Jonathan Huberdeau   Nick Schmaltz (C/LW)
    RW: Никита Kucherov   Blake Wheeler   Jakub Voráček   Teuvo Teräväinen (LW/RW)
    D: Shea Weber   Dustin Byfuglien   Keith Yandle   Seth Jones
    G: Ben Bishop   Jake Allen   Martin Jones

Dobber Sports Guru

Sent!! and fingers crossed

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

When HPG states "a deep analysis", he means it.

You'll find out more about your team then you though you ever knew.

The lucky winners are in for a treat - good luck to all applicants!
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Very nice.

You may want to clarify the "roto"... as it isn't as popular as H2H.
    I assume that you could do a H2H-shallow league as the "roto".

Essentially, H2H is Roto - just broken into weeks instead of one year.

Dobber Sports Master

Damn, I'm in a 10 team, roto league but have some sort of implemented cap

Anyway, looking forward to three of the most in-depth audit's I'll ever see.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Star

Wow! Great response so far... keep the entries coming!

Pengwin, we separated it because we want to be sure that we look at both scoring-period options, both H2H and year-long. Only one of the three is H2H because that scoring period introduces a few wrinkles!

Really looking forward to getting into these bad boys, but we won't draw and contact the winners until the week of August 15th -- lots of people take a little fantasy hockey nap this time of year and go on vacation... don't want to exclude them!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by hockeypoolgeek View Post
    Only one of the three is H2H because that scoring period introduces a few wrinkles!
    Wrinkles are for old people!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by hockeypoolgeek View Post
    • A nice-n-deep league: 16+ teams (300-400 players owned overall), H2H, no contracts, no cap.
    I just finished an Inaugural draft in a 20 team, 35 player (23 pro, 12 prospect) H2H and would like to see where I stand! With a total of 700 players drafted (including the prospects), is this too deep for your deep analysis? It meets all other criteria.
    GMHL Dynasty
    14 Team H2H 27-Pro/20-Farm
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 7BN, 4IR+
    G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG,SOG, HITS, BLKS, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Mike Ribeiro, Patrik Elias, Tyler Johnson, Stephen Weiss, Steve Ott, Jarret Stoll
    LW: Gabriel Landeskog, Mats Zuccarello, Marcus Johansson, RJ Umberger, Matt Cooke, Justin Abdelkader
    RW: Troy Brouwer, Daniel Alfredsson, Erik Cole, Shane Doan, Jackob Silfverberg
    D: Dustin Byfuglien, Brent Seabrook, Joni Pitkanen, Erik Gudbranson, Matt Carle, Dmitri Orlov, Seth Jones, Hampus Lindholm
    G: Henrik Lundqvist, Anton Khudobin, Jason LaBarbera, Devan Dubnyk, Anders Lindback

Dobber Sports Star

Send it in, TwoPuckCanuck -- we might not pick it, but we might!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Cool idea, sadly none of my leagues match the criteria.

Always like reading these nonetheless.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Sent the ol' Glengarry Giants roster in!
    GMHL Dynasty
    14 Team H2H 27-Pro/20-Farm
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 7BN, 4IR+
    G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG,SOG, HITS, BLKS, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Mike Ribeiro, Patrik Elias, Tyler Johnson, Stephen Weiss, Steve Ott, Jarret Stoll
    LW: Gabriel Landeskog, Mats Zuccarello, Marcus Johansson, RJ Umberger, Matt Cooke, Justin Abdelkader
    RW: Troy Brouwer, Daniel Alfredsson, Erik Cole, Shane Doan, Jackob Silfverberg
    D: Dustin Byfuglien, Brent Seabrook, Joni Pitkanen, Erik Gudbranson, Matt Carle, Dmitri Orlov, Seth Jones, Hampus Lindholm
    G: Henrik Lundqvist, Anton Khudobin, Jason LaBarbera, Devan Dubnyk, Anders Lindback

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I'll vouch for this - their advice last season bumped me up from 5th to 2nd in my H2H keeper.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Star

Last chance to get your entries in -- winners will be drawn tomorrow!