Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Islanders

Dobber Sports Star

Hoping to get some insight into PAP

Does he stick on the top line with JT and MM? He played virtually the entire season on the top line and top PP, even when Okposo came back. Seems to make sense, given the chemistry from last year, but Dobber doesn't even have him in the top six, so I am a little confused.

I have been offered PAP for Cody Hodgson, and given I am in "go for it" mode, I am temped to pull the trigger.

Thanks!
    Last edited by loco man; August 11, 2011 at 12:47 PM.
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by loco man View Post
    Hoping to get some insight into PAP

Does he stick on the top line with JT and MM? He played virtually the entire season on the top line and top PP, even when Okposo came back. Seems to make sense, given the chemistry from last year, but Dobber doesn't even have him in the top six, so I am a little confused.

I have been offered PAP for Cody Hodgson, and given I am in "go for it" mode, I am temped to pull the trigger.

Thanks!
    If you're in a "go for it" mode, then I definitely like Parenteau over Hodgson next year. I think Parenteau will get at least 45 points and could get as high as 60 if he sticks on the Tavares line. Hodgson, I don's see breaking 30 next year. Long-term, I think I'd lean slightly towards Hodgson but I'm not entirely sold on him.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Looks like the Islanders may be looking to move ... to the eastern end of the island, to Suffolk county.
    hmmm, that's even further out than they are now, I'm not sure that would be the best option...Nassau county is sort of centralized on the island so you have the benefit of getting fans from all over the island equidistant coming to the games, if you move way out on the eastern end it might hurt more than it helps

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    hmmm, that's even further out than they are now, I'm not sure that would be the best option...Nassau county is sort of centralized on the island so you have the benefit of getting fans from all over the island equidistant coming to the games, if you move way out on the eastern end it might hurt more than it helps
    If Wang can't get Nassau county to help him finance the new arena, he probably doesn't have too many other choices, if the Islanders are to stay on the island. He has avowed he will not personally finance the new arena and Nassau county voted down his bid for help. How do the Islanders stay in Nassau county?

Dobber Sports Master

How do the Islanders stay in Nassau county?
    a deal will be made at the 11th hour (my guess , within 12 months we'll know)

Dobber Sports Master

http://mobile.newsday.com/inf/infomo...ed:i=1.3108402

''A league spokesperson confirmed to Newsday reports that Barclays Center developer Bruce Ratner and CEO Brett Yormark met with NHL officials at the league office in Manhattan recently.''

Dobber Sports Star

was offered PAP for Sullivan

I have been searching everywhere for some sort of confirmation that JT PAP and MM will stick as the top line. If so, Im gonna pull the trigger, but if not, I may chance Sully in Pit (going for it)

Please help me out!! PAP on the top line again? Seems to make sense, but not a whole lotta PAP believers out there

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Wizard

was offered PAP for Sullivan

I have been searching everywhere for some sort of confirmation that JT PAP and MM will stick as the top line. If so, Im gonna pull the trigger, but if not, I may chance Sully in Pit (going for it)

Please help me out!! PAP on the top line again? Seems to make sense, but not a whole lotta PAP believers out there
    There are of course no guarantees that Parenteau will stick on the top line but he should at least start the year on it. Last year, the top line of Tavares, Moulson and Parenteau was pretty much intact for the whole year and had success. But you already know my opinion about this trade from another post.

Dobber Sports Star

oh ya, thanks lol

hard to keep track

Probably gonna pull the trigger and hope for a repeat performance. Was looking over PAP junior and AHL numbers - pretty impressive.

I also heard that he MM and JT were working out together - good sign
    Last edited by loco man; August 20, 2011 at 6:51 PM.

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Master

I agree that pap will start the season off with jt and mm but if the crack in the door opens just a bit I'd bet okposo slides in there and never looks back.

grabner and nielsen have really good chemistry but okposo stuck out like a sore thumb playing with them--which is the reason I'm giving for kyle's eventual spot on the #1 line with jt/mm

Dobber Sports Wizard

Here's a summary of the more relevant fantasy-wise Islanders for next year. I've pulled predictions from Dobber and the Forecaster and added my view below those.

Tavares

Dobber: 39G, 79P
    Forecaster: 36G, 83P

I pegged Tavares to get 80-85 points, with 40G. There is a strong agreement among the sources that he'll get around 80 points next year. 85 isn't that far-fetched.

Okposo
    Dobber: 24G, 59P
    Forecaster: 22G, 62P

As with Tavares, these two forecasts are pretty close. They seem very reasonable and the only thing to add is that if Okposo ends up lining up with Tavares EV on a regular basis, I wouldn't be surprised to see him north of 65.

Moulson
    Dobber: 31G, 60P
    Forecaster: 32G, 59P

Hmm, methinks Moulson gets between 59 and 60 points next year

Grabner
    Dobber: 28G, 50P
    Forecaster: 36G, 62P

I think Grabner sticks on the 2nd line next year, which should assure him the 50 points Dobber is projecting. He needs to get more PP time than last year to reach the Forecaster's projection. I think he's closer to 50 than 62 points.

Nielsen
    Dobber: 13G, 43P
    Forecaster: 15G, 51P

The number 2 center should be able to build off last year's career 44 points and see a little increase in his production. I think 50 points is not at all unrealistic.

Comeau
    Dobber: 19G, 46P
    Forecaster: 23G, 44P

Currently, he is the 3rd LW behind Moulson and Grabner. He probably won't see much top 6 minutes but should be a regular on the 2nd PP unit. I think he'll be closer to 40 than 45.

Streit
    Dobber: 12G, 52P
    Forecaster: 8G, 41P

After missing a whole year with a shoulder injury, will Streit find his groove next year? 41 points is definitely low for a guy who has gone 62, 56 and 49 in his last three years prior to 2010. Streit should hit 50 without much trouble, if he stays healthy (which he should as he does not have a history of injuries and seems to be over his last one).

Dobber Sports Star

Nice. I was just about to ask about Moulson.

It seems like he is what he is - this would be three years in a row that he hovers around the 30-30 mark. Is this his max or is there a chance he ever pots 40?

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Wizard

Nice. I was just about to ask about Moulson.

It seems like he is what he is - this would be three years in a row that he hovers around the 30-30 mark. Is this his max or is there a chance he ever pots 40?
    40 goals eh? This isn't an easy task at all. Look at the 40 goal scorers over the last 3 seasons:
    2010 had 5 40+ goal scorers: Perry, Stamkos, Iginla, Sedin, Kesler
    2009 had 7 40+ goal scorers: Crosby, Stamkos, Ovechkin, Marleau, Gaborik, Kovalchuk, Semin
    2008 had 8 40+ goal scorers: Ovechkin, Carter, Parise, Kovalchuk, Nash, Staal, Hossa, Vanek

Not too many score 40. And Moulson just isn't in the same league as the other names. I am going to say it's as likely he scores 40 as the Leafs winning the Cup next few years.

Dobber Sports Star

40 goals eh? This isn't an easy task at all. Look at the 40 goal scorers over the last 3 seasons:
    2010 had 5 40+ goal scorers: Perry, Stamkos, Iginla, Sedin, Kesler
    2009 had 7 40+ goal scorers: Crosby, Stamkos, Ovechkin, Marleau, Gaborik, Kovalchuk, Semin
    2008 had 8 40+ goal scorers: Ovechkin, Carter, Parise, Kovalchuk, Nash, Staal, Hossa, Vanek

Not too many score 40. And Moulson just isn't in the same league as the other names. I am going to say it's as likely he scores 40 as the Leafs winning the Cup next few years.
    Just acquired him, so I may be a little drunk with the possibilities.

However, if he and JT continue to grow together, I don't see adding 7 goals to his last year's total THAT much of a stretch. At least within the realm of possibility, unlike the Leafs cup parade!
    Last edited by loco man; August 29, 2011 at 3:12 PM.

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Wizard

Just acquired him, so I may be a little drunk with the possibilities.

However, if he and JT continue to grow together, I don't see adding 7 goals to his last year's total THAT much of a stretch. At least within the realm of possibility, unlike the Leafs cup parade!
    Yes, it probably is more likely than the Leafs cup parade but still I wouldn't bet anything I like on it Of course, it COULD happen but I wouldn't expect it. Pencil him for 30-ish goals and anything else consider a nice bonus.