Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 34 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Islanders

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: New York Islanders

https://www.nhl.com/islanders/news/i...sGMbArG4ThCl_g

Islanders acquire forward Dmytro Timashov from the Detroit Red Wings in exchange for future considerations

Lou wasnt gm when leafs drafted him in toronto but probably knows him well from the Marlies .

Dobber Sports Master

Dobber Sports Master

It's only a few games but Dobson is all over the offense while Pulock is........ where the hell is Pulock??? lol Dammit and his D zone starts or what?
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    It's only a few games but Dobson is all over the offense while Pulock is........ where the hell is Pulock??? lol Dammit and his D zone starts or what?
    I echo this question. I drafted Pulock thinking he was the cemented PPQB and had pretty underrated offensive abilities/shot.
    In the viewings I've seen, Dobson is unpolished but all over the ice and great at skating the puck. He will be really good.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Master

pulock is still on pp1 as the featured one-timer , dobson is the ppqb . isles had a lot of space and time v.s the devils on thur so it helped noah to get his feet wet

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    pulock is still on pp1 as the featured one-timer , dobson is the ppqb . isles had a lot of space and time v.s the devils on thur so it helped noah to get his feet wet
    Makes sense. I want the points dammit! I feel like the bomb from the point on the PP is too easy to defend unless they get tons of movement... so they have to adjust if Pulock is gonna get is PP pts.. Although in the last two years his PP IPP has been awesome. Patience I suppose...
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Master

So.... Pulock looks like he's hurt but I don't think that's what's driving the numbers..

Looked at the advanced stats and particularly the offensive zone starts, defensive zone starts, PDO and CORSI rel for...

and Dobson has very comparable numbers to Pulock, other than starting a whopping 3% less shifts in the D zone... Dobson isn't playing shorthanded and is playing 1.5 mins less at EVS....

So....Dobson is just a better player than Pulock...notably, a better offensive player (while looking not so much the slouch in his own end?).

Uh oh Pulock owners......?
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Master

so after the last 3-4 games I've noted the isles d are not shy to take the puck in deep themselves to create a play or follow the play into ozone .

obviously some type of tweak has been made to the trotz system

Dobber Sports Master

Peter Botte
    @PeterBotte
    ·
    18h
    The Islanders have won five playoff series in the first three seasons so far under the adult supervision of Lou Lamoriello and Barry Trotz.

They had won five playoff series over the previous 34 years combined.

Remarkable effing turnaround.

Dobber Sports Initiate

New York Islanders are playing by committee and their best player(s) haven't even been their best players in the playoffs. They are getting scoring from everywhere... they really have bought into what Trotz has sold. Washington made a mistake letting go of Barry.
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Eli26 View Post
    New York Islanders are playing by committee and their best player(s) haven't even been their best players in the playoffs. They are getting scoring from everywhere... they really have bought into what Trotz has sold. Washington made a mistake letting go of Barry.
    I agree. When you look at the Isles on paper especially without their captain, they seem ordinary. But you add the genius of Trotz and the unmeasurable amount of heart this group has, it’s no wonder they are in the semis. It’s not boring hockey either.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Feenom View Post
    I agree. When you look at the Isles on paper especially without their captain, they seem ordinary. But you add the genius of Trotz and the unmeasurable amount of heart this group has, it’s no wonder they are in the semis. It’s not boring hockey either.
    Although Brock Nelson had some decent seasons under Capuano he has really flourished under the guidance of Trotz .

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Rangers fan, coming in peace. The turnaround under the Malkin/Ledecky ownership has been nothing short of impressive. This was a franchise that couldn't even get players to agree to play for them within the last decade (such as Nabokov), and often rostered future KHL fodder to round out the roster. Bringing in adult supervision, as the above tweet says, has really changed things dramatically for the better and I'm happy for you guys.

That said, since this would have been the last year of his original contract, I am obligated to ask if DiPietro is eligible to get his name inscribed on the cup if you win

Dobber Sports Star

Absolutely aggravating when a team cheaps out on something like coaching when Trotz left Washington. Coaches dont make that much, how many more millions wouldve been made had you won a few more playoffs rounds paying up for a coach like Trotz?

Im impressed the Islanders are doing at minimum repeating what they did last year while losing Devon Toews (stud) and Anders Lee to injury. Good coaching is good.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Master

some isles breakup day tidbit from andrew gross twitter

Andrew Gross
    @AGrossNewsday
    ·
    17h
    From
    @sportswatch
    - #Isles likely will open next season on long road trip, and Lou Lamoriello is OK with that https://newsday.com/sports/hockey/is...-22-1.50292421 via
    @Newsday

Andrew Gross
    @AGrossNewsday
    ·
    20h
    Lou Lamoriello says no plans to relinquish any leadership roles with #Isles. Wants to continue as long as he's healthy.

And, to be clear, he's very healthy and in great shape.

Andrew Gross
    @AGrossNewsday
    ·
    20h
    Lou: No summer development camp planned this offseason.

Re: Bridgeport coaching staff - Lou has not sat down with B'port GM Chris Lamoriello to evaluate. "Everything is status quo."

Andrew Gross
    @AGrossNewsday
    ·
    20h
    Lou: No intention of #Isles RFAs not being re-signed (so no Devon Toews situation anticipated).

Andrew Gross
    @AGrossNewsday
    ·
    20h
    Lou: #Isles would like Kyle Palmieri back, Palmieri has told Isles he'd like to be back. But Lou recognizes financial challenges to do that.

Andrew Gross
    @AGrossNewsday
    ·
    20h
    Lou on Andrew Ladd: What is future is, I cannot answer. But he is under contract.
    Andrew Gross
    @AGrossNewsday
    ·
    20h
    Lou: No question what Casey Cizikas has brought to the team. We will do everything we can to have him come back.
    Andrew Gross
    @AGrossNewsday
    ·
    20h
    Lou: Impossible to keep team fully intact because of expansion draft, free agency and younger players organization wants to incorporate into lineup.
    Andrew Gross
    @AGrossNewsday
    ·
    20h
    Lou: Anders Lee 100 percent ready for training camp.
    Pageau operated on yesterday morning on hand. He will be ready for training camp.