16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zach Parise

12 75.00%
  • Patrick Kane

4 25.00%

Thread: Parise for Kane

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Parise for Kane

I own Parise and have been thinking about landing a RW stud in exchange for him.

The owner of Patrick Kane also owns Corey Perry. So I thought I would approach him to see if he would trade me Perry for Parise. a top LW for a top RW. He countered with Perry for Parise + Halak. Soooo it doesn't look like I'll be landing Perry.

It DOES sound like he might go for a Zach Parise for Patrick Kane swap.

What do you guys think about that?

LW is tough to fill out and I already traded away Kovalchuk early last season for Chris Stewart and Hossa to help my RW but is Stewart enough help? is Hossa durable enough to rely on?

I'm close to landing Bobby Ryan - which would help ease the blow of losing Parise.

But my biggest question is

Parise VS Kane

which side?
    and if he wants more for Kane - how much?
    14 team Keeper Points only - limited starting roster moves
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 3G
    C: Vilardi, Dvorak, Karlsson
    LW: Vrana, Hertl, Mangiapane
    RW: Kubalik, Point, Tuch
    D: Ty Smith, Hughes, Burns, Hronek
    G: Shesterkin, Varlamov, Vanacek
    BENCH
    Kakko, Turcotte, Sharangovich, Vilardi, Beckman, Perfetti, Lysell, Sillinger, McTavish
    Drysdale, Perunovich, R.Merkley, Fagemo
    Dostal

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I would rather have Parise. But my answer might change depending on what your are giving up for Ryan.

Do you see these as unrelated events?
    Last edited by Shoeless; July 21, 2011 at 6:29 AM.

Dobber Sports All-Star

I certainly wouldn't be adding to Parise to land Kane. If you can try adding Anderson/Pavelec to the Parise for Perry package, I may do that but even then, I don't think you should be depleting your LW for it.

I'd put Parise on the block and see what offers you get in, it may even scare the other guy into changing his offer back.
    10 Team Yahoo H2H - Keep 5 - G,A,+/-,PPP,PIMS,HITS SOG,GWG/W,GAA,SV%,SO
    C: Tavares, Pavelski, Fabbri, Matthews, Rakell,
    LW: Landeskog, Sedin, Perron
    RW: Kucherov, Oshie, Radulov, Backes
    D: Subban, Petry, Gostisbehere, Green, Yandle, Werenski
    G: Price, Talbot

Canadian Dad Blog - http://canadiandad.com

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'm working on landing Ryan for Craig Anderson (it might take Pavelec instead of Anderson). The Ryan owner really needs a G.

I drafted Parise 9th overall 2 years ago in our inaugural draft for this keeper league so I am high on him - planned on building around him. And I don't really want to bolster my RW by gutting my LW. Although a Ryan pick-up would help offset a Parise move so it's a tough call. Plus if Parise ends up stuck in NJ on a separate line than Kovalchuk it could hurt both their numbers. plus coming back from a season ending injury is always a concern.

@Killer67 - putting Parise on the block idea does sound like a good idea too. even just for bargaining purposes.

SIDE NOTE:
    I do have #2 and #5 picks in this years draft where I should be able to grab an elite goalie: one of Bryz,Ward,Price,Niemi,Howard,Miller and a decent RW; at least Pavelski,Backes,Hemsky, maybe Iginla,Gaborik, - Partly why I'm moving a G.
    BENCH
    Kakko, Turcotte, Sharangovich, Vilardi, Beckman, Perfetti, Lysell, Sillinger, McTavish
    Dostal

Dobber Sports Ninja

If you can get Bobby Ryan for either Pavs or Anderson that would be an amazing deal. Quite honestly to me this is the deal you were waiting for (I remember your previous thread). Much rather trade Anderson or Pavs for Ryan than trade Lundqvist for Malkin.

I like Killer's idea of putting Parise up on the block. Try to spook the other guy to at least throw in a mid-round pick or something like that. I really don't like the idea of trading Parise straight up for Kane, you should have some leverage here and to me doing it one for one would be conceding, but I don't think its outrageously far off quite honestly if it helps your balance.

Also if you wanna look at it from an angle that would make you feel better about the decision:

Pavelec (Or Anderson) + Parise --> B.Ryan + P.Kane

You tell me which side you'd take
    Last edited by bondon; July 21, 2011 at 8:49 AM.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Genius

Kane because
    - four years young (300+ more career points remaining)
    - rarer RW (in my pools there are far fewer ELITE RW, or ELITE RW with issues)
    - higher upside

It's the perfect time to acquire Kane, as last season was quite average for him.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by CloakandSwagger View Post
    Plus if Parise ends up stuck in NJ on a separate line than Kovalchuk it could hurt both their numbers.

I wouldn't worry too much about this. Both guys will play PP, and they'll simply take pressure off one another on separate lines. Crosby and Malkin both are able to put up points on separate lines. Sakic and Forsberg used to do alright.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Monster

Have you guys seen Kane this off season? He's been a machine in the gym this off season. His wrist issue wont be much of a problem.

Not saying it sways a decision on OP's question. Just more of a comment, but he's in great shape and a huge year is coming.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for the replies guys - a lot to think over.

@B0ndon - I agree. These moves definitely feel better than that Lundquist/Malkin deal.

this morning he offered me

Corey Perry + Christian Ehrhoff
    FOR
    Zach Parise + Jaro Halak

I think that's a pretty big overpay on my part and Declined - but that made it clear that he'll be quicker to part with Kane rather Perry.

he needs a G bad so I told him that I'd put two offers together for Kane a G + LW and a G + RW offer. He sounded interested.

I'm thinking of sending him these packages for Kane:
    Craig Anderson + Tyler Ennis (C/LW) FOR Patrick Kane
    OR
    Ondrej Pavelec + Ryan Callahan (RW) FOR Patrick Kane

he already owns Robin Lehner which might push him to take Anderson+Ennis. And that duo probably has the higher upside. if he takes Anderson+Ennis then I could still make the move to flip Pavelec for Ryan and keep Parise all the same. * I will be drafting a top G to fill out my 3 Goalie spots *

I am high on Ennis but he's no Patrick Kane.

Ennis and Callahan are also 'Prospect Protected' so he wouldn't have to use one of his Keeper spots on them - essentially giving him an extra keeper spot.

thoughts on the counter offer packages? is it overpaying? it might not be enough to get it done but for a TOP RW i feel it's probably worth a shot.
    Last edited by CloakandSwagger; July 21, 2011 at 9:05 PM.
    BENCH
    Dostal

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by JHM View Post
    Kane because
    - four years young (300+ more career points remaining)
    - rarer RW (in my pools there are far fewer ELITE RW, or ELITE RW with issues)
    - higher upside

It's the perfect time to acquire Kane, as last season was quite average for him.
    -age isnt really an issue here, they are both pretty young
    -LW/RW arguement will fluxuate every year, with positional eligibilities and new players breaking out etc.
    - i'd say parise has the higher upside. ive never been a huge believer in kane, i dont think he'll ever be able to top 90 points.