Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Calgary Flames- Retired

Dobber Sports Star

Hey Chad,

Really hoping for some insight on Babchuk. I may be targeting him in a deal. Will he be playing on the top unit with Gio? Not sure where J-Bo fits in on the PP (hopefully nowhere).

My league counts triple for D goals, so babs has some decent value. Can he go 15-25-40 next year?

Would love your take

Thanks
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Padawan

Article from TSN that should interest a few.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=376791

My apologies for not getting more stories out... between my budget work, 2 hockey keepers, the Dobber Entry league, 2 football leagues and my two boys, it's been a bit of a helter-skelter September. I will get more news out though as it comes through. Sorry for the delay!
    XGL - 16 Team, Points Dynasty League
    $114M cap, 54+ Players, Year #16 - 1st(6x): 08, 12-13, 16, 18-19

F(9+3R): Rantanen, P Kane, Bergeron, Lindholm, Tarasenko, Kadri, Olofsson+
    R: Newhook, Perfetti+
    D(5+2R): Makar, Hronek, Dunn, Sanheim, Andersson
    R: Seider, Harley+

G(2+1R): Price, Varly

WHL - 24 Team Dobber League (Lake Valley Thunder) - 2020/21 Champion
    F: Aho, Bergeron, OV, Hintz, Hoffman+
    D: Hedman, Makar, Werenski, Hronek+
    G: Andersen, Lankinen, Oettinger
    R: Reichel, Timmins, Bjornfot, Cormier, Johnston+

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by loco man View Post
    Hey Chad,

Really hoping for some insight on Babchuk. I may be targeting him in a deal. Will he be playing on the top unit with Gio? Not sure where J-Bo fits in on the PP (hopefully nowhere).

My league counts triple for D goals, so babs has some decent value. Can he go 15-25-40 next year?

Would love your take

Thanks
    Hey Loco, well if you haven't watched the Phoenix game highlights by now, you'll see that Babchuk's goal was on the PP, off a faceoff win back to Giordano who feathered a perfect pass across for Babchuk's righty shot from the left point. That's exactly what I was hoping the Flames would do... and with this being the final exhibition game it certainly seems to me that this is your 1st PP lineup. I have to say, it's about time. As far as what you're hoping for (15-25-40), I would temper that somewhat. Seems like he's a 13-22-35 type of guy myself. More goals, probably near 50% of his points on PP (Giordano was just above this pace last year FYI).

That should leave Bouwmeester with an available forward (Morrison? Stempniak?) on the point for PP2 duties.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Now it's a bit distracting to sort through lineups when so many guys are injured (no Iggy throughout the preseason, Morrison, Sarich, Carson), but one line that seems to have caught traction is Jokinen centering Moss and Glencross. With Moss seemingly healthy I can see how this line might be good at matching up with top lines. Glencross is a motorbug who can play a good two-way game while still scoring goals (24 goals last year) and Moss is a big man who can play in front of the net... there really isn't another player on this roster that can be play that type of game. Combine those two with Jokinen and there's the line Sutter is likely going to trust with top-line matchups while still contributing good offensive support. All three members should be able to score 20 goals, which would definitely take some of the pressure off a rusty Iggy and anyone Tanguay plays with. Look for some potentially good things from these three, especially those of you who have waited for David Moss for so long... at 28 years old we've waited for him quite a while... it's now or never.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by First Round Pick View Post
    Now it's a bit distracting to sort through lineups when so many guys are injured (no Iggy throughout the preseason, Morrison, Sarich, Carson), but one line that seems to have caught traction is Jokinen centering Moss and Glencross. With Moss seemingly healthy I can see how this line might be good at matching up with top lines. Glencross is a motorbug who can play a good two-way game while still scoring goals (24 goals last year) and Moss is a big man who can play in front of the net... there really isn't another player on this roster that can be play that type of game. Combine those two with Jokinen and there's the line Sutter is likely going to trust with top-line matchups while still contributing good offensive support. All three members should be able to score 20 goals, which would definitely take some of the pressure off a rusty Iggy and anyone Tanguay plays with. Look for some potentially good things from these three, especially those of you who have waited for David Moss for so long... at 28 years old we've waited for him quite a while... it's now or never.
    Thanks. How do you see Bourque fitting into it?

Banned

those 3 saw some time together last year down the stretch. interesting, but unrelated - i heard feaster in an interview on the radio state that the team likes moss as a centre down the road, but with so many centres at the moment, it will probably be a year or two before they move him into the center position...

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Thanks. How do you see Bourque fitting into it?
    Stempniak-Stajan-Bourque is a likely 2b line. Could be Morrison as well depending on who out of Morrison, Stajan, Backlund is playing the best. I fully expect those 3 to rotate through lines 1,3,4 all year with the winger pairs remaining relatively constant.
    20 Team Pool Points Keeper
    G =1,A=1,PPG=1,PPA=0.5, SHG=1,GWG=1,PIM=0.1,+/-=0.25
    Goalie cats (W=2, SO=3, SV=0.05)

F: Malkin, B.Richards, Franzen, D.Brown, Boedker, Zajac, Atkinson, Scheifele, Read, Boyes
    D: Green, Schultz, Faulk, Goligoski
    G: Crawford

Dobber Sports All-Star

Byron cut, Horak in? Is this Horak character worth a prospect slot over Byron or is it a temporary move? Also, where do you see either of them fitting in with the lines this year?

Thanks!
    10 Team Yahoo H2H - Keep 5 - G,A,+/-,PPP,PIMS,HITS SOG,GWG/W,GAA,SV%,SO
    C: Tavares, Pavelski, Fabbri, Matthews, Rakell,
    LW: Landeskog, Sedin, Perron
    RW: Kucherov, Oshie, Radulov, Backes
    D: Subban, Petry, Gostisbehere, Green, Yandle, Werenski
    G: Price, Talbot

Canadian Dad Blog - http://canadiandad.com

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Killer67 View Post
    Byron cut, Horak in? Is this Horak character worth a prospect slot over Byron or is it a temporary move? Also, where do you see either of them fitting in with the lines this year?

Thanks!
    I think Horak will only be with the team until Morrison comes back from injury, then he will be sent down to AHL.
    Derek Reese - Future Hall of Famer

14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H, Salary Cap 108 Mil, Player actual salaries
    1 Week scoring period
    G,A,PTS,GWG,PIM,SOG,STP,HT,BL,+/-,W,GAA,SV,SO
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

F - Marchand, Marner, Marchessault, Stamkos, Tuch, Comtois, Farabee, Bennett, McCann, W. Nylander, Nugent-Hopkins, Kapanen
    D - Barrie, Oleksiak, Suter, Gudbranson, Savard, Lyubushkin, Ferraro
    G - Saros, Rittich

Bench - Mittelstadt, Reimer, Roslovic, Keller, Reaves, Toews
    Prospects - Byfield, Mercer, Veleno, Chmelevski, Tippett, Comrie, Tomasino, Valimaki, Gustavsson, Wolf

Dobber Sports Padawan

I agree with above. Horak is there to basically show that hard work throughout training camp will be rewarded if a spot is open. He didn't have a point in 4 games, but they were talking about how smart and coachable of a player he is, knowing when he missed assignments before coaches mentioned it. He's also a bigger body down the middle which helps him substantially. Overall his upside is to be Jokinen's replacement, whether some of his WHL offense follows him is to be determined, but he's still only 20 so hopefully he's brought along at the right pace. A great camp from him and a well-deserved stay.

The Wolverine

Thought I would ask you since this question involves less fantasy relevant players and likely have more knowledge about them.

In my roto league where I'm Calgary and can only roster current or former players, I'm debating on adding a grit forward mainly for PIM/HIT but can chip in occasionally in other categories. The categories are: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,SH%,FOW,HIT,BLK.

The only current players that I am deciding between are Jackman or Kostopolous. The former player is Nystrom. Do you have any suggestions on whom would be a better pickup? If they are close and one guy might have SH time, I might lean that way in the hopes of a fluky SHP. This is for a forward slot, so positions do not matter.

Thanks in advance.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Thought I would ask you since this question involves less fantasy relevant players and likely have more knowledge about them.

In my roto league where I'm Calgary and can only roster current or former players, I'm debating on adding a grit forward mainly for PIM/HIT but can chip in occasionally in other categories. The categories are: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,SH%,FOW,HIT,BLK.

The only current players that I am deciding between are Jackman or Kostopolous. The former player is Nystrom. Do you have any suggestions on whom would be a better pickup? If they are close and one guy might have SH time, I might lean that way in the hopes of a fluky SHP. This is for a forward slot, so positions do not matter.

Thanks in advance.
    Kostopoulous is hugely underrated in multi-cat leagues. Puts up great stats all around.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Kostopoulous is hugely underrated in multi-cat leagues. Puts up great stats all around.
    Thanks dyz, yeah he does seem to have some peripheral value. I'm wondering about his playing time and team depth though - perhaps the injuries will help/hurt one of them more?

Dobber Sports Padawan

As a personal fan I'd be all over Nystrom, he seemed to fit in well with Minnesota last year. But with the additions there and Latendresse back I'm not quite sure if he gets more icetime than either Flame. I think Jackman had his career year already, so probably Kostopoulos. Nystrom will certainly get some SH time and the odd point.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Thanks dyz, yeah he does seem to have some peripheral value. I'm wondering about his playing time and team depth though - perhaps the injuries will help/hurt one of them more?
    Doesn't really matter what his role is. He can put up 20+ points, 100+ PIM plus good hits/blocks/SHP, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by First Round Pick View Post
    As a personal fan I'd be all over Nystrom, he seemed to fit in well with Minnesota last year. But with the additions there and Latendresse back I'm not quite sure if he gets more icetime than either Flame. I think Jackman had his career year already, so probably Kostopoulos. Nystrom will certainly get some SH time and the odd point.
    Thing about Nystrom is his peripherals are actually pretty awful. Trust me, i unfortunately own him. He rarely shoots the puck, doesn't post quite as many hits as you'd expect, and his +/- last year was atrocious.