Penner - Getzlaf - Perry
    Silfverberg - Bonino - Palmieri
    Cogliano - Koivu - Winnik
    Beleskey - xx - Etem
    Holland, Staubitz
    Um... You're missing someone...TEEMU!
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by jeffl97 View Post
    Hey guys, long time since I've been a regular Dobber poster though I do try to chime in once in a while. Here's how I see things shaping up at the moment.

Penner - Getzlaf - Perry
    Silfverberg - Bonino - Palmieri
    Beleskey - xx - Etem
    Holland, Staubitz

Souray - Beauchemin
    Fowler - Allen
    Sbisa - Lovejoy
    Vatanen

Hiller
    Fasth

I believe that Penner will get his shot in our top 6 and most likely with Getzlaf and Perry to start. The biggest thing he has going for him is he's left-handed, big bodied, familiarity with line-mates, and decent with board play (which Getz/Perry love board play). For a 1 year deal at 2 million, I don't believe this signing is bad. You may be wondering why I have Etem slotted on the 4th line? Well in my personal opinion I think it would be best to give him less responsibilities for his first full year in the NHL, then throwing him into a top 6 role as a sink or swim. He had success in the playoffs yes, but he was also playing on the 4th line then too vs the weaker competition. Give him 4th line duties and PK duties IMO. True the ducks have great prospects, but Palmieri, Etem, Silfverberg, Bonino in the top 6? Only one of those players (Bonino) has ever played more than 82 games in the NHL, and he's never even done that in a full season. I think it's best to temper expectations and have them ease into their role.

I don't know if I see Hiller re-signing next year, so depending how this season goes he could be traded. Due to that, I believe Fasth sees at least 50% of the starts to see if he can handle the load and then go with a Fasth-Anderson type combo. I recall reading that in the playoffs Fasth wasn't 100% healthy which is the reason Hiller was our goalie during that time.

Lydman wants to re-sign with the Ducks, and Vatanen also wants to play in the NHL. We have a logjam on defense though, so either Lydman won't be re-signed or one of Souray/Allen/Sbisa are on their way out. Lovejoy played great for us since coming over from Pittsburgh, and I like that he's a RHD, something the Ducks are lacking at the moment. Sbisa regressed last year and played absolutely awful. He is thought of having all the tools, but no toolbox. His hockey IQ has been his worst asset which is why I wouldn't mind seeing him traded, though he still is young and does have some upside.

As for future prospects, Rakell seems to be coming along nicely, and now that they traded for Noesen, I think they are going to try to be paired on a line down the future. Lindholm is also another one who could be NHL ready, as he really impressed last year. Like I said we do have a logjam on defense though. Would like to see some more out of Holland, but think he might be wasted as a 4th line C, which is why I think he might stay in the A for top line duties. Wish he was better on the draw.

That's all for now.
    Love this assessment though I still believe the Ducks need to sign another playmaking center (Hello, Grabo?). The Penner signing sank Etem's chances this year to play top line minutes but he is really good. Still a little raw but blazing speed. Excited for next year.
    20 team keeper
    G=1.7 A=1
    Def G=2.5 A=1.5
    Hits, BS, SOG, +/-= .1
    maj (+1) SHPTs (+1)

Centers: T. Hertl/R.N.H/P. Zacha/W. Karlsson/J. Kotkaniemi/T. Zegras
    Wings: A. Burakovsky/A. Mantha/R. Rickell/A. Duclair/
    Defense: J. Drysdale/O.E.L/R. Pulock/D. Fabbro/J. Schultz/M. Ferraro
    Goalies: R. Lehner
    Prospects: R. Damiani/A. Raty/R. Suzuki/R. Amirov/N. Chibrikov/J. Perreault/A. Volkov/D. Farrance/F. Gustavsson/L. Dostal

Dobber Sports Stud

Hey guys, just coming back to post about the Ducks. This is actually the first game I was able to catch this year because I work most nights.

Selanne - Getzlaf - Perry
    Penner - Perreault - Silfverberg
    Maroon - Bonino - Palmieri

Fowler - Lovejoy
    Lindholm - Beauchemin
    Allen - Vatanen

Fasth
    PP1:
    Bonino-Getzlaf-Perry
    Fowler-Vatanen

Selanne played most of the night alongside Getzlaf and Perry, however their line was largely ineffective. Selanne had a few chances up the middle (which was open all night) Perry wasn't noticeable, only found the scoresheet due to an awful giveaway by Bogosian, but I was impressed by Getzlaf. Offensively he was lacking, but his hustle on the back check is what stood out to me. Any time Getzlaf is putting in the effort to play a full 200ft game and not just coasting is a good sign.

Silfverberg has one heck of a quick release. Just seems like he knows the area to go and is able to get that shot off in a hurry. Kind of what Palmieri showed in previous seasons. He was used sparingly on the PP2 unit. Was making the extra effort all night.

Perreault played a pretty good game, and seems to have some chemistry with Silfverberg. I hope that he can continue his good play and be that solid 2nd line C that we need. I like his offensive upside more than Bonino, who seems better suited for a bottom 6 role.

Penner actually wasn't that bad. He's slow and kind of pylon like, but looked like he belonged. He played in front of the net on the PP, and was a pretty aggressive forechecker. Towards the last ten minutes of the game he got some ice-time alongside Getzlaf and Perry. I'd really like to see what he can achieve there, because those two need something to spark them offensively.

Vatanen played like a bigger player than he is. That sometimes led to him getting burned and being out of position, but you have to like what you saw from this kid last night. He oozed confidence. The way he presented himself hardly made him look like he was new to the NHL. Didn't look out of place on the PP. Would like to see him a few more games before I make any long term predictions though.

Lindholm had a pretty impressive debut. His first shift he looked a bit shaky, and a little later he had another questionable play, but otherwise he made solid decisions with the puck. I especially liked him on the PP2 unit where he was able to get shots through (which Ducks have a problem with). I don't expect him to play full time in the NHL this year though. He did look good, but Sbisa and Souray are on the IR, Lovejoy is playing like a top 4 D, and Fowler and Beauchemin are also guaranteed spots, so Vatanen/Fistrict/Lindholm are fighting for one spot.

Fasth played alright. Honestly, it was hard to get a good read on him. The first goal against him he had no chance against, and the second goal was a lucky bounce. Other then that he wasn't really tested that much. Even though the score didn't show it, the Ducks were playing better than the Jets for the majority of the game.

The Cogliano-Koivu-Winnik line was solid. They seemed to generate the most chances out of the Ducks this game. Of course that's hardly surprising seeing as how they were the Ducks best line for most of the season last year.

Palmieri was not noticeable at all, and also got injured during the game.

That's all for now.
    Last edited by jeffl97; October 7, 2013 at 2:14 PM.
    The Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League. (Keep 17)
    3C 3LW 3RW 6D 2G 6BE.
    G,A,+-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT; GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV, SV%,SO
    (C) Kopitar, Kuznetsov, O'Reilly, Karlsson, Roslovic, Zacha
    (LW) Ovechkin, Forseberg, Bertuzzi(RW),
    (RW) Rantanen, Bratt(LW), Radulov
    (D) Josi, Burns, Pietrangelo, Karlsson, Heiskanen, Dunn, Boqvist
    (G) Gibson, Quick, Hart, Petersen
    (IR) Domi

10 Person Farm: (<200GP for F, <100GP for G)
    (C) Zegras(LW), Bourque
    (LW) Kaliyev(RW)
    (RW) Glass(C), Raymond(LW)
    (D) Power
    (G) Ingram, Knight, Levi, Primeau

Dobber Sports Star

Thanks a lot for the read, man!

I grabbed Perreault off the wire so I was curious to see how he looked
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Guru

Love these write-ups! Thanks.

Hoping Vatanen starts producing soon -- glad he's looking good!
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

The Magnificent One

so I have bonino as my 4th center in a league that counts FW and so far im pretty happy with him. but I don't like how this is that he is on the 4th line. I was really hoping he would be 2nd line center with silf.

atleast for now he is getting PP time. hope that sticks
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    so I have bonino as my 4th center in a league that counts FW and so far im pretty happy with him. but I don't like how this is that he is on the 4th line. I was really hoping he would be 2nd line center with silf.

atleast for now he is getting PP time. hope that sticks
    Are you able to drop him for Perreault? He looks to be the better option thus far. The BB factor really helps him out and he may well stick all year as #2C. I'd rather top 6 minutes and 2nd PP with MP over 4th line and top unit with NB.
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Stud

Etem is supposed to be in for tonight: http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...#axzz2hLEhNNml I won't be watching the game live, but i'm taping it so I should be able to watch it when I get home.
    3C 3LW 3RW 6D 2G 6BE.
    (IR) Domi

(C) Zegras(LW), Bourque
    (LW) Kaliyev(RW)
    (D) Power

Dobber Sports Stud

Lines to start the game:
    Penner - Getzlaf - Perry
    Etem - Perrault - DSP
    Maroon - Bonino - Palmieri
    Cogliano - Rakell - Winnik

Lindholm - Beauchemin
    Fowler - Lovejoy
    Allen - Sbisa

Andersen
    Hiller

*Sbisa's first game this year
    *Rakell's first game this year
    *Injuries: Vatnanen, Souray, Selanne, Koivu, Silfverberg, Fasth, Beleskey

First period recap:
    RPG line looked good together. Penner looked like he belonged. Perrault's speed really adds a lot to the second line. He skated coast to coast to get into the zone just blowing by people for zone entry. In the few other games that I have seen, Vatanen also does this. Etem's stride seems odd. It's like the ice rink is not big enough for him. His top speed is good, but he needs to transition better. It's like it's a ton of work each time to take a stride. Andersen has been great. Good positionally as well as great rebound control. Seemed very confident, and making saves look effortless. Sbisa is doing great so far. Led the rush a few times, laid a nice body check, and also picked up an assist. Palmieri had a snipe.
    3C 3LW 3RW 6D 2G 6BE.
    (IR) Domi

(C) Zegras(LW), Bourque
    (LW) Kaliyev(RW)
    (D) Power

Dobber Sports Ninja

Jeff, what the hell is up with Perreault's ice time? The guy is producing but for some reason stays below 15 minutes almost every night.

I wanna find a reason to keep this guy because I like the roster relief from owning a Ducks player but this is feeling more and more like a sell high situation. Problem is he won't fetch much.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Dsp?

is DSP with the team for good? or will he be back in the AHL once a few players come back from injury?
    10 Tm, Pts Only Salary Cap Dynasty (UFAs dropped if not signed by July 1st)
    20 Active, 12 AHL/Reserve (AHL Eligibility: Fwd, Dman = 246 NHL GP, G = 150 NHL GP) (Pts: G, A, dman pt 0.5; G = W, SO)

Active (3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6 D, 2G)
    F: Draisaitl, Meier, Forsberg, Huberdeau, Pastarnk, Neidereiter, Ehlers, White, DeBrincat, Mittelstadt, Thomas, Olofsson
    D: Klingberg, Ghost, Klefbom, Sergachev, Fox, Fabbro
    G: Hellebuyck, Gibson
    IR: Point, Niku, Montour

Reserve
    F: Roslovic, Terry, Vesalainen, Suzuki, Tippett
    D: Pilut, Myers, Harley, K. Miller
    G: Demko

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Anaheim Ducks

Ducks vs Sharks @ 7:30 PM PST.
    - Andersen to start in net
    - Bonino won't be in the lineup tonight (bruised foot)
    - Fowler won't be in the lineup tonight (knee, out 3-5 weeks)
    - Beleskey won't be in the lineup tonight (illness)
    - Emerson Etem called up from Norfolk to play tonight
    - Rickard Rakell called up from Norfolk to play tonight
    - Luca Sbisa has been getting around 20 minutes of ice time per game since Fowler went down
    - Stephane Robidas will be in the lineup for the 2nd straight game.
    - Ducks down in season series 1-2.

Projected lineup:
    Selanne - Getzlaf - Perry
    Winnik - Koivu - Cogliano
    Maroon - Perreault - Silfverberg
    Etem - Rakell - Jackman

Sbisa - Beauchemin
    Lindholm - Lovejoy
    Allen - Robidas

Andersen
    3C 3LW 3RW 6D 2G 6BE.
    (IR) Domi

(C) Zegras(LW), Bourque
    (LW) Kaliyev(RW)
    (D) Power

Dobber Sports Stud

First period recap:
    - Getzlaf/Perry were largely invisible, and Selanne did not fit well at all on that line.
    - Maroon was actually the most effective Duck forward during the period. His incredible board play, size, and strength was very noticeable. The knock on him has always been his skating.
    - Sbisa was playing very simple (which is needed for him to be effective) until he took a bad penalty with an extra hit against Wingels that led to Marleau's PPG.
    - Andersen has looked really confident in this game. Not shy about playing the puck, and pretty good positioning. Doesn't seem to be fighting the puck at all.
    - Ducks Penalty Kill was pretty atrocious.
    - The Ducks can't seem to get any GOOD shots through. Sharks are playing some good defense, as well as shot blocking the pucks from the point.
    - Rakell and Etem noticeably have chemistry from their time in Norfolk together.
    3C 3LW 3RW 6D 2G 6BE.
    (IR) Domi

(C) Zegras(LW), Bourque
    (LW) Kaliyev(RW)
    (D) Power

Dobber Sports Monster

John Gibson making his first NHL start tonight!

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Shake View Post
    John Gibson making his first NHL start tonight!
    It's about time!!!

PS: Not a fan of the new signature ... It's, you know, a tad bit imposing....
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay