Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 21 22 23 24 25 26

Thread: Anaheim Ducks

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Anaheim Ducks

They have tonnes of cap space, and other kids around are getting $8M in less than two years so its difficult for the team to play hardball.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    Well looks like some update. Zegras not in training camp and the a crazy low offer from the team.

As a salary cap owner I would love to see him sign that bridge deal for 3-4m that would be amazing. Not sure what the team is doing here but there is a plan I’m sure lol
    Do you know what the offer is? Curious to hear what each side wants- Zegras for a bridge and Anaheim with a long term lower AAV? Hard to have an opinion about this without knowing more details. Verbeek playing hardball after giving out some overpriced contracts to Gudas and Killorn can't make the younger guys feel great about the team.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

The Magnificent One

Sorry no details. Just saw on instagram that the rumor is they offered a bridge deal in the 3-4 mil range. Didn’t say years or anything.

A lot of the comments were mentioning that the team could be doing this vrs offering the 8mil bc of his overall play. Mentioning his -21 +\- and lack of physical play.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Titan

I would think a $5m aav 2yr deal makes sense for both sides. They have cap, so it's not like they can't spend more, so it has to be they aren't convinced he's a potential star.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I wonder if teams are reaching out with offer sheets to Zegras.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I don't. There are 5 teams with more than $5M in cap space, and one of them is Anaheim who top out at $16M. The other teams with space like Detroit and Buffalo have big money contracts of their own coming up with Larkin/Raymond/Seider and Dahlin/Power. Chicago is too early in the scorched earth rebuild to be selling off picks, even though that would be fun as hell. Nashville is the one team where it could make sense because they are caught in between.

But realistically, it's the NHL. The cap is flat. Everyone is afraid of reprisal. Anaheim is matching anything anyway.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Ya, if Anaheim was tight against the cap, I could potentially see the temptation, but that's not the case so why bother. As MD26 says, Anaheim is matching it so why create ill-will.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

I'd honestly be kinda scared of Anaheim and offer sheeting them this yr.

When you offer sheet someone, you will overpay on the contract, and pay a draft pick penalty. So this yr when you're pinching pennies the offersheet to Zegras is going to be a big deal. Next yr, Anaheim is going to have a lot more money than you, and an offersheet won't hurt them as much. I think it's pretty known GMs don't want to dabble in this especially after the Montreal/Carolina pissing match that happened and how it imploded on both teams.

I doubt offer sheets are now coming for him or Drysdale. They would have come months ago if that was a thing. The next is, you're on a young team in Anaheim...there's not a whole lot of cities that would beat that as a young guy.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Stud

I don’t really get it. They give Troy Terry $7M and term, then play hardball with Zegras and Drysdale? I’m betting that isn’t the honest story - more likely “Z” wants 5M in a bridge, so he can ask for 9M once the cap goes up. Drysdale?? He needs to actually play a season before he’s worth the price he’s probably asking. IMHO, these holdouts are squarely on the players.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    I don’t really get it. They give Troy Terry $7M and term, then play hardball with Zegras and Drysdale? I’m betting that isn’t the honest story - more likely “Z” wants 5M in a bridge, so he can ask for 9M once the cap goes up. Drysdale?? He needs to actually play a season before he’s worth the price he’s probably asking. IMHO, these holdouts are squarely on the players.
    I’m thinking this is more in line. I know there are some mixed feelings about Z in the fantasy world, but I think the Ducks see him as a future star. With that said, his career best is 23 Goals and 65 Points. I think he will become a solid point producer, but seems like anaheim is more so offering based on his production thus far. In contrast, I’m sure Z is looking at deals with J. Sanderson and feels he should be in a similar boat.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by zambronies View Post
    I’m thinking this is more in line. I know there are some mixed feelings about Z in the fantasy world, but I think the Ducks see him as a future star. With that said, his career best is 23 Goals and 65 Points. I think he will become a solid point producer, but seems like anaheim is more so offering based on his production thus far. In contrast, I’m sure Z is looking at deals with J. Sanderson and feels he should be in a similar boat.
    I think a $5 million dollar bridge is more than reasonable. If he steps up and gets to PPG after that he can command 9. If he continues at his current clip, then 7 to 8 long term isn't bad.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Recruit

Hey guys, new here. I'm preparing my fantasy pool for this weekend and was wondering: what are the chances that Zellweger makes the team? On certain sites he is not even in the top 6 D, but on others he seems assured to make the team.. If he makes the team, what kind of production you think he'll get? My rules for the pool are that defensemen goals are 2 points and passes are 1 point. Was also thinking of taking L. Hughes. Other important fact is that we use salary cap. We have 83M for 12 forwards and 6 defensemen.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

$17.25 million over 3 years for Zegras ($5.75 million/year). Great deal for the Ducks but you've got to think Zegras wanted a lot more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbones17 View Post
    what are the chances that Zellweger makes the team?
    As long as Drysdale is unsigned, Zellweger is a lock to make the team. Now about the only leverage Drysdale had in his negotiations was that Zegras was also unsigned, so I'd expect to see him reach a deal with the Ducks fairly quickly. I believe Zellweger is eligible to be sent to the AHL, but unless he's embarrassing himself on a nightly basis, even with Drysdale back in the fold, I'm not sure the Ducks have any reason to send him down. It's not like they're playing for anything.
    12-Team Yahoo H2H Keeper League (Salary cap for keepers only)

3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1 UTIL, 2G (6 BN, 6 IR+, 1 NA)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C - S. Aho, M. Beniers, S. Crosby, B. Jenner, L. Stankoven
    LW - C. Caufield, J. Hughes, T. Moore, J. Slafkovsky, O. Tippett
    RW - D. Batherson, C. Keller, A. Lafreniere, S. Reinhart
    D - E. Bouchard, B. Dillon, M. Roy, M. Seider, C. York
    G - J. Binnington, J. Saros, J. Swayman

IR+: T. Demko, T. Hertl, K. Johnson, G. Landeskog, J. Trouba
    NA: B. Othmann