Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Top Five Breakout Candidates for 2011

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by pharling View Post
    Perhaps 80 was a tad high for Voracek. I do believe he will have a breakout season tho. At least in the 70 point range.
    I have been wrong before of course. Very very wrong. I completely believed that Bryan Fogarty would have a 80 point season and win the Norris trophy.
    Yeah, that never happened!
    Bryan Fogarty - best trade I ever made - traded him just after he scored a hat trick in his rookie year - to a guy that was rebuilding - thought he was the next coming of Bobby Orr, I said next Paul Coffey, he pretty well went into the bottle after that. Now I am dating myself. That kid had a ton of talent.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Yeah, I would like to bring that forecast down from 80 to 70.
    Bryan Fogarty!!! He is my all time favorit fantasy player. I was a huge fan. maybe I was they guy you traded him to as i was firmly under the belief he was the next Bobby Orr.
    If he could have stayed off the booze and drugs I am sure he would be retired now with Stanley Cups, Norris trophy's and all time scoring records. What a shame!
    Thanks for the comment!
    Follow me on twitter: @pharling

Dobber Sports Legend

pharling,

I'm liking your take on E.Johnson. If he stays healthy (fingers crossed) I don't think 48-50 points are far-fetched.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Pro

Good read, both the article and the comments.

I have Benn down for 75 points (top end) if he can stay healthy. He was a machine the last 25 games last season. He flourished with more ice time and he will get tons this year.

Voracek in my opinion is way to hard to predict, but if he gets 80 he will be the best pick of many drafts. I think his success will dependant somewhat on what kind of mentor Jagr turns out to be.

Edler needs to stay healthy, as long as he does he has the tools to hit 55+

I agree with EJ but i predict his plus/minus will rival what Fowler did last year.
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Update

Now we are about 15 games into the season, I thought I would revisit my earlier predictions. Wow they are very rangy to say the least!
    Player prediction On pace for difference
    Benn 80 105 +25
    Voracek 80 46 -34
    kane 65 45 -20
    Johnson 50 43 -7
    Edler 60 81 +21

So far I am only really close with Johnson but my average is -15
    Benn is exceeding expectations. No he will not finsih with 105 points but if he stays healthy I am confident he can reach the 80 point mark

Voracek. Looks like I was way off the mark on this. I hope he at least reaches 60 points to reduce the shame i feel over this one.

Kane. Still may get close to the 65 point mark, but looking like a long shot

Johnson. Looking good

Edler. Was not much of a bold prediction I suppose. Should have no trouble reaching 60+ points
    Follow me on twitter: @pharling

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by pharling View Post
    Now we are about 15 games into the season, I thought I would revisit my earlier predictions. Wow they are very rangy to say the least! (Like it, P7. Throwing mine in BOLD)

Player prediction(P7) On pace for difference
    Benn 80 (68) 105 +25
    Voracek 80 (58) 46 -34
    kane 65 (55) 45 -20
    Johnson 50 (45) 43 -7
    Edler 60 (55) 81 +21
    I'm liking my predictions big-time.
    I still don't think Benn touches 80pts. Opposing coaches will start planning their practices around matching-him if he keeps this pace up.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

A review of these predictions:

Player/ Prediction/ Actual:
    Benn, 68pts.
    Actual = 63pts in 71games. Full Year Pace = 73pts. Prediction perfectly between "Actual" & "Full Year Pace".

Voracek, 58pts.
    Actual = 49pts in 78games. Full Year Pace = 52pts. Missed by 10pts, but we all did, some by much more.

E.Kane, 55pts.
    Actual = 57pts in 74games. Full Year Pace = 63pts. About 5pts off the 60pt Actual/FYP average. Not bad.

E.Johnson, 45pts.
    Actual = 26pts in 73games. He disappointed on most every prediction. He only had 2pts in March/April.

Edler, 55pts.
    Actual = 49pts in full 82game season. Off by 6pts.

Overall: +5 (Benn), +9 (Voracek), -2 (E.Kane), +19 (EJ), +6 (Edler).
    Not bad... I'd give myself a B-.