Thread: Tavares - Strome

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Tavares - Strome

With Strome being a center, does it hurt his value since he won't be playing with Tavares either on his line or even the PP. I don't see many teams playing with two center's on their first powerplay unless one of them can either play point or wing(brad richards or kesler).

I'm debating on trading up to grab him but then thought about it and now im quite uncertain.

Thoughts??

Dobber Sports Wizard

There's been talk for a few years now about possibly moving Tavares to wing at some point....nothing concrete but I know the idea has been around. You've gotta think Tavares and Strome would make a pretty awesome pair together since their playing styles seem like they would mesh.

Either way Strome will be a good player, with Tavares or without. Depending on who else is available with your draft pick, Strome is a good pick.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Ace

Well I have the 7th and 10th pick. With the 7th I want to grab rundblad, and was thinking of trading my 10th plus a later pick to move into the top 5 picks to get either strome or huberdeau.

I really like Strome but don't know how the islanders will use him.

Dobber Sports Wizard

What prospects do you think would be around at 10? That would probably be the decider if it's worth it to move up.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Ace

basically think this years class and add stefan elliott and charlie coyle.

Dobber Sports Ace

Depending on who's still left when you choose, it's probably worth the move.

So much of the young guy's production is based on their team.

IE-Huberdeau stuck being on a crummy Florida team...Couturier will take time due to Philly's depth up front.

But the Isles are an up-and-coming team that may be willing to slot Strome right into the lineup. They'll score a fair bit, and there's the chance (as stated above), that Tavares is moved to the wing, which could help Strome's cause.

These kind of draft's are kind of a crapshoot b/c it's dealing with young prospects, but I think your move is worth a try.

Dobber Sports Genius

Tavares is not fit to be a true #1C, he belongs on the wing with a playmaking #1C to most utilize his skill-set. I expect this to be tested on the Island in the relatively near future