Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Los Angeles Kings

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by lektrix View Post
    What's wrong with the Captain? Looks like he hasn't been much of a factor at all. Does he even hit or fight anymore?!?
    Dustin Brown has only recorded 4 hits so far this season - he averaged almost 4 per game last year. I saw an interesting theory on a Kings msg board that he may be pulling back with all the recent suspensipons being doled out by Brendan Shanahan. Not sure if that's part of the equation or not. He's never really been much of a fighter, not really his role.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Sudden Death View Post
    Dustin Penner will play tonight after all

Also Voynov will see some PP time
    Thank you so much for this, was wondering if I should call him up and start him or not! Here's hoping he get's an Assist tonight!!!
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Stud

Dustin Brown has only recorded 4 hits so far this season - he averaged almost 4 per game last year. I saw an interesting theory on a Kings msg board that he may be pulling back with all the recent suspensipons being doled out by Brendan Shanahan. Not sure if that's part of the equation or not. He's never really been much of a fighter, not really his role.
    So he's pussin' out...new Philly captain steps in and Brown is all shy and scared now?!?! If he's not hitting, why isn't he scoring or producing points!?!?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

On a related note, what the hell is with Richards ice time? Hell, Moreau almost had more. Just a shade over 4:00 one period in.

Dobber Sports Stud

I don't give a crap anymore. I traded Richards away. I'm pretty sure he's gonna explode on me now that I've traded him away. Brown though is still on my roster. I picked this guy purely on HITS and he isn't hitting shit!!!!!!

Nevermind his ice time has come around now. Not doing a ton of hitting but doing better on the faceoff dot than most nights!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by lektrix View Post
    So he's pussin' out...new Philly captain steps in and Brown is all shy and scared now?!?! If he's not hitting, why isn't he scoring or producing points!?!?
    goal (PP), assist, 3 hits, 3 SOG - after 2 periods.
    guess Brown just needed a little home cooking

Dobber Sports Prodigy

With the NBA season in jeopardy, sportswriter Bill Simmonds of ESPN/Grantland has purchased Kings season tickets and will be writing regular pieces about hockey.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Willie Mitchell and Coach Murray discussed Slava Voynov's NHL debut with Kings Insider

"He's Russian, but last night I made a play behind the net, and I was probably going to move the puck and I heard him yell, 'Mitchy, Mitchy, time.' I said, 'Hey, that's when you know you've got a good player. A Russian is yelling English at you,' telling me that I had time. You don't see that a lot out there. The fact that he talks out on the ice, that's huge for a defenseman. It's the guy without the puck, a lot of times, who makes the play for the guy with the puck, letting him know he's got time or whatever. When you've got a guy doing that, it helps you out. He's going to keep improving and it's going to be fun."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quick racked up his 2nd straight shutout, he now has a 4-0-1 record, 0.97 goals-against average and a .967 save percentage. Bernier may be the golden child with better technique, but this guy competes.

Penner is playing a more physical game than last season. He is finishing checks, back checking, sticking up for his teammates. The points will come.

Jack Johnson has 2 game winning OT goals and is actually on the positive side of the +/- scale.

Voynov has played respectably in Doughty's absence, but hasn't set the world on fire. He has been getting 1st PP time, but it seems like Kopitar, Johnson or Richards have the puck most of the time.

New addition Ethan Moreau leads the team in hits. Kevin Westgarth and Matt Greene notched their first points of the season.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

According to headline on Kings InsiderDrew Doughty hopes to return Tuesday vs NJ

Every day, it's been getting a lot better and hopefully I'll be back as soon as I can. I'm feeling a lot better. Compared to right after the game, the difference is dramatic, with how much better I've been. I think I've been making fast progress. I don't really have a day back to shoot for yet, but hopefully I can be back for that game Tuesday. I don't really know yet, just because so much can change in a couple days. That's my goal, but at the same time I don't want to rush back and re-injure myself or anything like that.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Minor league update:

Andrei Loktionov leads the Manchester Monarchs with 10 pts in seven games.

Martin Jones is 3-3-0 in net, with a 2.49 GAA and .916 SV%

3 straight shutouts for Quick. Phenomenal.

However, as an owner I wish he spread them out. haha

Dobber Sports Stud

As a roto owner, I'm loving it.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quick racked up his 2nd straight shutout, he now has a 4-0-1 record, 0.97 goals-against average and a .967 save percentage. Bernier may be the golden child with better technique, but this guy competes.

Jack Johnson has 2 game winning OT goals and is actually on the positive side of the +/- scale.

Voynov has played respectably in Doughty's absence, but hasn't set the world on fire. He has been getting 1st PP time, but it seems like Kopitar, Johnson or Richards have the puck most of the time.
    Make that three straight shutouts for Quick and three game winning goals for Johnson.

Even though Voynov has played well, he will most likely be going back to Manchester once Doughty is healthy. Martinez or Drewiske would have to clear waivers and are both on one way contracts. Also, Slava is a right handed shot. Pairing him with Greene in place of Martinez would have two right handed shots on same pairing. Not a huge factor, just another peice to the puzzle.