Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: Los Angeles Kings

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Los Angeles Kings

Not sure whos following but I would REALLY appreciate some input on Jeff Carter. Looks like he has found something special with Taffoli and I am looking to see if he will keep up his pace and pot 30 goals and 65 points. Any sign of decline or is he still a stud for a couple more years?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Monster

It appears that based on the comments in the article that Sutter will be back with the Kings.
    Obviously, need the announcement but this seems like it'll get done soon.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/kings/...512-story.html

Dobber Sports Star

So it seems to me that one of the "least covered" stories of this offseason is the fact that Dean Lombardi and Darryl Sutter have been replaced with Rob Blake and John Stevens.

John Stevens is not Darryl Sutter. Tough to get a handle on exactly how things will go, but you'd think Doughty and Kopitar might be given more of a green light? That might trickle down to the 2008 dream team of Gaborik, Brown, Cammalleri as well as not-so-hated Carter and Toffoli.

Anybody got any thoughts here? Usually coaching changes have fantasy GMs drooling and theorizing about the implications. I've seen almost none of that about the Kings this offseason.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I think your theory is very legit.

When Stevens coached the Flyers they scored 248 and 264 goals... so I think I would suggest he will let these guys go.

And clearly when they interviewed him to take over... they asked what he was going to do differently and it wasn't going to be play solely defense like Suter.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

This team looks good and even with Carter going down it looks like they could keep it up. What a difference it has been with Stevens coming in! The above two comments sure were spot on.

The Magnificent One

Anyone watching tonight's games or LA games in general?

Is kop and Toff playing on the same line now? Seeing box score of them getting points together?
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    Anyone watching tonight's games or LA games in general?

Is kop and Toff playing on the same line now? Seeing box score of them getting points together?
    I noticed that too and immediately picked plucked Toffee off the wire in my league.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    You could argue they have, you could argue they haven't. Did Dustin Brown find the fountain of youth at age 33 or did he post an outlier season he's unlikely to repeat? Is a 33 year old Jeff Carter coming off a serious ankle injury a huge boost to their lineup? Is a 35 year old Ilya Kovalchuk who hasn't played in the NHL for 5 years a boost to their lineup? Can Tyler Toffoli "take a step" at age 26 or is he just what he is at this point? Quick is 32, Kopitar is 31, and it's looking more and more like Vilardi can't get healthy and is unlikely to contribute this year. They're defence is still a mess. For sure anecdotally you can say they got better by adding Carter and Kovalchuk, but we don't really have any actual evidence they did.
    Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    They might. You definitely can argue they’re a better team this year. I also don’t know if “this years performance” is a relevant barometer to whether or not the Kings are a declining team. Three to four years ago they were a western powerhouse. The last two years they’ve missed the playoffs. They don’t have a large influx of young high end talent coming in the pipeline. A team making “win now” acquisitions to hang onto the last wisps of their cup window doesn’t change the assertion that as a team they’re declining into a “down phase”.
    Pulling these from the Max Pacioretty trade thread because I think it will be interesting to track for the season and I don't want to keep bumping that thread. So far, not a good start for LA

Dobber Sports Titan

12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Veteran

Not sure if there's anything behind this but it's something.

Igor Eronko
    @IgorEronko

Hearing Kovalchuk's contract with the LA Kings will be terminated but Ilya still wants to stay in the NHL while having a lucrative offer from Omsk Avangard in the KHL #gokingsgo

edit: to add

CapFriendly@CapFriendly

Few points to remember:

- Kovalchuk has a NMC; therefore, would not need to go through waivers first

- As a 35+ contract, his $6.25M cap hit would continue to count against LA's cap for the remainder of this year and next year

- Kovalchuk would forfeit roughly $4.7M in salary https://twitter.com/IgorEronko/status/1205561714558799879 …

Dobber Sports Immortal

Wow I hated the Kings stadium series jerseys and did not watch that game. I didn't realize they wore they amazing helmets though.

Also glad they wore them again last night.

https://www.bardown.com/a-1.1429085

The Great One

Does LA still have an NHL team?
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Immortal

More great news from LA...from Pierre LeBrun

. Hearing that the LA Kings are talking to Will Ferrell about being their representative in the April draft lottery. Not clear it will happen. But I would love it. Stay classy, @LAKing

Dobber Sports Icon

Which rookies does everyone think will be earning a regular spot in the Kings' roster for next season? There are a lot of potential players in LA.

Dobber Sports Titan

Anderson-Dolan and Vilardi seem like locks, but out of Dudas, Kupari, Fagemo, Thomas, Byfield, Turcotte, Kaliyev, Madden, etc, I think we see some cups of coffee but only two regulars. Roll some dice to try and get that right.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)