Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Enlighten me- who is Mark Scheifele?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Enlighten me- who is Mark Scheifele?

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    Man Big Ev always hated Couturier. Both of them are fantastic players. Different but great in their own way. If given the choice, I dont know if i would swap Couturier for Scheifele. Funny Ev mentioned OTT's point of view was a low compete level after what he heard about the extent of his injuries he was playing through.
    a lot can change in 7 years
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Genius

Ev was always high on Scheifele, so props to him for that.

Pretty cool to check back on an old thread like this. What a player Scheifele's turned into, and he's still getting better!

Dobber Sports Legend

Heading into the draft, Couturier's offensive ceiling was questioned and Sheifele was considered a "riser" who had untapped potential. The Jets were extremely high on Scheifele because ex-Jet, Dale Hawerchuk, insisted Scheifele had the potential to be among the best players taken from the draft, and he came loaded with intangibles. I remember on draft day, many were saying Scheifele was taken too early, and maybe the Jets were the only team willing to select him there, not sure.

Today, it looks like a great pick obviously.

Dobber Sports Deity

I think both teams are happy with how it turned out.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Heading into the draft, Couturier's offensive ceiling was questioned and Sheifele was considered a "riser" who had untapped potential. The Jets were extremely high on Scheifele because ex-Jet, Dale Hawerchuk, insisted Scheifele had the potential to be among the best players taken from the draft, and he came loaded with intangibles. I remember on draft day, many were saying Scheifele was taken too early, and maybe the Jets were the only team willing to select him there, not sure.

Today, it looks like a great pick obviously.
    I remember hearing that about Hawerchuk being high on Scheifele. Kudos to the scouting staff and the GM (or head of scouting) who had the guts to actually make the pick against conventional wisdom.

I agree with MZac that Scheifele would be the undisputed number 2 pick if we were redoing the draft today. Heck, I bet some teams would make the high end C vs high end W argument and consider him 1st overall.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    Hindsight is so clear but he would be the undisputed no 2 pick if the draft were held today imo. Kuch would have to get the 57 pick upgrade and go no 1. Other notables from 2011 - trochek at 64, Gaudreau at 104, and palat at 208.
    How would you rank the top 10 if the draft were to be re-done 7 years after the fact?

SnipImage-24.JPG
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Initiate

I'd go:

1. Kucherov
    2. Scheifele
    3. Couturier
    4. Gaudreau
    5. Trocheck
    6. J. Gibson
    7. Landeskog
    8. Hamilton
    9. Huberdeau
    10. Rakell

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    How would you rank the top 10 if the draft were to be re-done 7 years after the fact?

SnipImage-24.JPG
    Great question and I'll assume we are talking real life (not fantasy as cats could change the rankings. I'm also not going to factor in the teams that drafted them as the needs of the teams have changed so much over 7 years, ):

1. Kuch
    2. Schief
    3. Gaudreau
    4. Couturier
    5. Trochek
    6. Hamilton
    7. Landeskog
    8. Huberdeau
    9. Rakell
    10. Nugent-Hopkins

Honorable mentions / tough to leave out - Gibson, Klefbom, namestnikov, Zibanejad, palat, Karlsson, Brodin

Funny how clear it was that nug was going 1st overall and now he barely cracks my tip 10 and won't make it on others top 10.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    Great question and I'll assume we are talking real life (not fantasy as cats could change the rankings. I'm also not going to factor in the teams that drafted them as the needs of the teams have changed so much over 7 years, ):

1. Kuch
    2. Schief
    3. Gaudreau
    4. Couturier
    5. Trochek
    6. Hamilton
    7. Landeskog
    8. Huberdeau
    9. Rakell
    10. Nugent-Hopkins

Honorable mentions / tough to leave out - Gibson, Klefbom, namestnikov, Zibanejad, palat, Karlsson, Brodin

Funny how clear it was that nug was going 1st overall and now he barely cracks my tip 10 and won't make it on others top 10.
    I love doing these re-drafts. We should do a bunch of them in the summer when we've got nothing else to talk about.

2011 for me:
    Kucherov
    Schiefele
    Gaudreau
    Couturier
    Hamilton
    Landeskog
    Trochek
    J.Gibson
    Huberdeau
    Rakell/Saad/RNH tied

W.Karlsson making an overdue push to crack the top 10 but it would be recency bias to already put him in there

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry