Page 88 of 105 FirstFirst ... 38 78 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 98 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1570

Thread: Winnipeg Jets

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Winnipeg Jets

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    Maurice isn't going anywhere. Chevy and co. are slow to move on, and Wheeler was very vocal in his support of Maurice in the year end-media conference.

I think Trouba's done on this roster. I suspect he was quietly a source of contention this season, as there were rumours of things being not so great between Buff and Trouba toward the end of the year. He wants to be the guy and doesn't want to take a backseat to Buff, who is clearly a better player. So is Morrissey for that matter. I hope Chevy's able to move him for a true second line center, then sign Myers to another contract and see how some of the young guys fair on the bottom pairing (Poolman, Niku). Trouba's good, but he doesn't want to be here, and he doesn't know his place in the pecking order. Time to move on.
    What do you consider a "true 2nd line center"?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    What do you consider a "true 2nd line center"?
    Evgeny Malkin
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Jedi

Based on the last 3 months of the season... Jets should have been the underdog coming in.

That Little contract made me shake my head when he signed it. Way to long. Kadri may be available this summer.

Malkin as a #2C... well, that basically leaves 1 or 2 other teams with a true #2C then - TB and Tor.

Have there been any recent reports of Trouba not wanting to be there? I haven't heard anything since he signed his bridge deal and most of that was more about him wanting to play one side vs. the other side on D - and not about him wanting to be in Wpg. All the talk about wanting out was related to not being able to play the right side where he wanted to.

Myers is gone. There's no contract coming. They need savings - he's it.

They have ELC D ready to jump in. Roslovic's developing into a #2C - by the end of the year he should be showing the chops. Especially with who he'll have as line mates.

If they trade Trouba (which they won't), it's due to cap savings, not related to not wanting to be there.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Genius

I'm not as down on Little as most, but the Jets need someone better in that slot, or Chevy wouldn't try to fill that hole each season. Ideally someone a bit bigger, who can play with some of the young guys and lead a line. I don't have time to go through rosters and come up with great examples (especially ones who may be available), but Stastny and Hayes were upgrades. 41 points playing with the likes of Laine, Connor and Ehlers isn't going to cut it. An upgrade is necessary and I'm not sure filling that need at the last minute each season is the best way to go about things.

Listen to Trouba speak. He doesn't want to be here. Maybe if he was given the keys to the kingdom, but even then I'm not sure. He's a selfish player, to put it bluntly. I'm sure I'll get some push-back on that, but he wants Buff's spot, and he doesn't want to wait for it. Everything lined up for him this season, and when Buff came back, Trouba didn't want to hand the reins back, to the detriment of the order of the locker room. There's a fine line between being ambitious and being a selfish player, and Trouba crossed it.

If Trouba goes in a trade without a comparable coming back, Myers staying would be a decent option, and he at least wants to be here.

Roslovic is small, and would ideally make for a better winger, but who knows. He's got a lot of work to do if he wants to be a 2C. I'd say he's two years away minimum, if he's got it in him.

Dobber Sports Master

FWIW I thought Maurice would get the axe but looks like he gets one more years I happen to think Trouba is a superior player to Buff at this stage but that being said each does things the other can’t. Father Time catches all though and I think it has caught buff and will catch wheels in two years if not 18 months. Ehlers was the best Houdini of them all. I would try a line with scheif connor and laine next tear. I would keep Trouba but not with that attitude. If Morrissey isn’t hurt Winnipeg wins this series. The margins are thin. Blowing 3rd period 2-0 leads in the playoffs is a recipe for disaster.

And so I thought Maurice would fall in favour of a less buddy buddy coach but so be it. Next year, Kyle and Conor will lead this team to the promised land, with their friends Josh, Patrik and Mark.

Dobber Sports Padawan

8 years ago today the return of the Jets was announced! So very happy to have the Jets back in the NHL.
    Now trade Trouba to Toronto for Zaitsev.
    Thank you.

The Great One

Seems like an unhappy player. I’ll bet he’s not a Maurice fan...

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1782249
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Seems like an unhappy player. I’ll bet he’s not a Maurice fan...

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1782249
    I don't think he played well enough in limited minutes to show he deserved more of them... Settle down Jack.. learning the pro game takes time..

Also, wow, are the Jets betting young or what...? Niku has to make this team now and they need another bona fide shutdown D to play with Josh. This team is gonna need to score because I don't see them improving their defensive side yet...
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Initiate

trade still to come for that D? i think so
    24 team cap league, HTH Pts. 25 PLAYER ROSTER C3/LW3/RW3/F3/D6/G1

G & A = 1PT.
    HT.BLK.PIM.SOG.=0.05 / PPP=0.5/ FOW=0.01/ +/- =.25
    W=2 SHO=3 SV=0.1 GA=-1 OL=1 SHL=1

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Hagel- Couturier - Tarasenko
    Frederic - Tyler Johnson - Nichuskin
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby4Ever View Post
    trade still to come for that D? i think so
    I think they'll sign Chiarot, then stand pat on D. Ehlers is their best asset for a trade, but they're very unlikely to get full value for him. Niku and Poolman will have to step up, and the team will have to focus more on D overall.

The Great One

Well Trouba is gone, Chiarot is gone, Myers is gone...still a trade coming? Are they in on Gardiner?
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Jedi

time to resurrect the Ehlers for J. Faulk rumours

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    So they can lose him as a UFA after one season? I'd think they'd want a decent player with some term if they're going to move Ehlers and his contract.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    So they can lose him as a UFA after one season? I'd think they'd want a decent player with some term if they're going to move Ehlers and his contract.
    an extension agreed upon before finalizing the deal

Dobber Sports Master

Should this exodus be concerning....? Tanev, Chiarot, Trouba, Myers... didn’t qualify Beaulieu... is Kulikov back?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    That can’t be a good deal. That would be awful.