Page 85 of 105 FirstFirst ... 35 75 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 95 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1570

Thread: Winnipeg Jets

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Winnipeg Jets

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    The weird thing in Winnipeg is that the team or Trouba have never talk about this deal at all. Nobody has said how happy they are to have Trouba back and Trouba hasn't said anything about being back.. Just bizarre..
    I have a feeling the Jets don't want to pay Trouba what his agent thinks he is worth.. And I still think Trouba wamts out even though he is saying he wants to stay..
    I have noticed this to be a common theme of arbitration deals. It's weird. Seems like everyone hates them (for good reason I guess). Even Stone and the Sens avoided arbitration and there wasn't a whole lot of positive chat since it was a 1 year deal. You might be right. This is destined for an exit. Too bad for Trouba if that's what he wants. A shame.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

A few things intrigue me going into this season:

Will the Jets have any veterans in for PTO's??

Will Petan or Myers be moved??

Will 26 or 29 sign this year or next??

Can 37 win the Vezina??

Who will be the 2nd line center between 29 and 27??

Trouba?? Will he sign long term or eventually be moved??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    A few things intrigue me going into this season:

Will the Jets have any veterans in for PTO's??

Will Petan or Myers be moved??

Will 26 or 29 sign this year or next??

Can 37 win the Vezina??

Who will be the 2nd line center between 29 and 27??

Trouba?? Will he sign long term or eventually be moved??
    Will have to wait till season starts to answer most of these questions. Will probably have a couple PTO's in camp - wont know for a couple weeks..
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Initiate

im interested as well to see if the Jets will be able to give Wheeler the money and term he wants , someone is gonna be a cap casualty. If it isn't Wheeler then Trouba or Myers , they can't sign them all the way i see it.
    24 team cap league, HTH Pts. 25 PLAYER ROSTER C3/LW3/RW3/F3/D6/G1

G & A = 1PT.
    HT.BLK.PIM.SOG.=0.05 / PPP=0.5/ FOW=0.01/ +/- =.25
    W=2 SHO=3 SV=0.1 GA=-1 OL=1 SHL=1

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Hagel- Couturier - Tarasenko
    Frederic - Tyler Johnson - Nichuskin
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby4Ever View Post
    im interested as well to see if the Jets will be able to give Wheeler the money and term he wants , someone is gonna be a cap casualty. If it isn't Wheeler then Trouba or Myers , they can't sign them all the way i see it.
    Call me crazy, but the casualty might be Ehlers.... In all seriousness, the easy and most obvious casualty is Trouba. It doesn't sound like they can keep him long-term and he will fetch a lot of value.. but in the forward corps, outside the obvious Perreault and Little contracts, I could see the Jets needing to move Ehlers... but how do you move Ehlers?? You almost certainly lose that deal... Except management can't be happy with his performance down the stretch and in the playoffs especially. A couple of years like that and you get moved, good player or not.
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Ehlers and Roslovic looked really good together last night!!

Please Mr. Maurice, don't play Tyler Myers on the left side anymore!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports All-Star

They look awful tonight. Laine looks terrible. Has he played this badly all year?

Dobber Sports Padawan

They don't seem to be in the same league of the Leafs....

They are dominated!
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Dobber Sports Veteran

Yeah Laine is not good anymore.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Genius

They'll be fine, but it's unfortunate that they're starting so slowly. There are bright spots (the Lowry, Copp, Tanev line has taken a step forward, Morrissey looks amazing, and so far Brossoit looks like a decent back-up), but a lot of players haven't shown up on time to start the season. Wheeler is near the top of that list. He looks terrible. Hellebyuck has been awful, and so have Laine and Ehlers.
    They'll all get back into the groove, in my opinion, but blech. The Jets' record flatters them.

Dobber Sports Master

Right there with you.

Wheeler looks slow. Minus.
    Hell boy looks distracted and a little lost.
    Buff takes too many chances for the way he’s playing right now.
    Ehlers is getting some mojo back. Slowly.
    Laine looks awful. Take away the Xbox. He also needs to take more wristers.
    Connor looks great. Scheifele too. Morrissey has become a superstar. Trouba looks very good.
    Lowry line looks decent.

The rest of the D look fazed.. Roslovic is a little overwhelmed. Little looks good which is a surprise.

Wheeler needs his legs back. Laine his offensive instincts and someone teach him how to love the puck up the wall.

Hellboy needs his goalie coach to do whatever he did last year and fast.

Dobber Sports Master

Ok so a month later,

Wheeler has a little speed back. Still passes up too many shots (is that a pun?) but overall looks a little lighter on his feet.
    Connor and Laine have great reads together on the ice. With Connor’s ability to dig up and retrieve pucks and get them to Laine quickly, this setup is gonna do some damage.
    Jets still don’t play hard enough on D. Yesterday was a prime example, with some hawks getting three or four whacks each in the blue paint until they knock in a puck. Roslovic watched one goal happen right in front of him as if he was looking at a tv screen. There is almost no boxing out outside of Morrissey and it surprised me that trouba was guilty of that last night. Hellebuyck is a great goalie but that’s no reason to let him deal with that kind of work to do in front of his crease. They need to be nasty to play against, like they were last year. Right now it’s too easy to get to their net.

Dobber Sports Master

So, with the trade deadline coming up, there is a lot of chatter about what the Jets will and should do.

They've already said their first rounder is in play. Makes sense, but for some reason this year it feels like that's not buying much. The second consideration is the fact that the Jets seem to want (according to TSN insiders and alike) a true rental, due to cap crunch issues. Their needs are rather obvious at C, but I could also see them wanting depth at W or D.

The name we hear a lot is Roslovic. There is a Columbus connection with him, being from there and having played NCAA hockey there. I could see a splash for Panarin involving him, because it might take that. With that said, I don't think the Jets want to move him at all. Call me crazy but I happen to think he is more untouchable than a player as good as Ehlers. Swiss army knife type players as skilled as him are ridiculously valuable to NHL teams. He is Tomas Plekanec the good (20G 50A) in terms of upside and does everything well. I don't think there is any chance they are moving him.

Their own UFA to be, Tyler Myers, is probably to stay in the fold, so I don't think they deal him. They need him for the run anyway. Same for RFA Trouba, and I don't think they gain from moving him at the deadline for help at C.

So it comes down to Vesalainen and Niku as probably the most valuable prospects outside the NHL and I don't think the Jets would hesitate much to trade the former. If Logan Stanley was making larger strides, I could see them stomaching trading Niku, but because he's not, I'm not sure they trade the 2018 AHL D of the year.

That leaves them with a depth move for perhaps Charlie Coyle or Kris Kreider, who seem to fit their mold of large, fast players. I don't know that either has the effect of sliding Little to C3, which I think is the goal once again this year.

Tough call for the Jets at this year's deadline, with this year's rental crop.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Master

I think these are huge additions to the Jets. Chevy said today he’s excited about Hayes’s potential on the defensive side and that he consulted with Scheifele and Wheeler about the room when acquiring Hendricks. I think that these additions will have a very important impact. Helps Hellebuyck the most imo and I think Hendricks is not to be underrated as a positive influence there. Very impressive deadline day for the Jets.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Hopefully he's just under the weather but Helle is not practicing this morning and Comrie was called up on an emergency basis. Maurice is expected to speak to the media shortly.