Page 84 of 105 FirstFirst ... 34 74 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 94 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1570

Thread: Winnipeg Jets

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Winnipeg Jets

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    is he still playing on his off-side? wasn't that he major issue originally? That and not getting the PP opportunities he would probably like to have. This is a good one to follow
    He played his favoured side this past season, alongside Morrissey. I think it's the most fun he's had playing in a while, for whatever that's worth.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    I don't think so. That's a team that can win now and will win for a few years yet. He'd be a fool to leave if it was over a total of 5M over the life of this contract. When he's retired, he will regret taking a few extra bucks (relatively of course) in exchange for a real chance at winning.
    Let me adjust my statement. I think Trouba is going to go to free agency so he'll sign a 2 year contract. That is unless Winnipeg offers him a longterm 7+ million dollar deal which I doubt they do.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

The Jets know darn well Trouba is worth more then $4 million.. This is a arbitration tactic.. Offer less and meet in the middle..

I would like $5.5 for 5 or 6 years.. But Trouba definitely wants more..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I just have a feeling Trouba doesn't want to be in Winnipeg. His loss if so, it's a great city and a great team. I was at the Jets-Wild game 5 in the first round and he was one of the 3 stars...but while the other 2 stars came out in their sweaters and looked excited, Trouba just did a small skate and had his sweatshirt on. I asked a father and son in the bar below the rink and they said "yeah, who knows..." but their faces told me they expect him to go.

Trouba just wants to get paid.. He would love to stay in Winnipeg if they gave him the money he seeks.. Not sure how Trouba thinks he deserves more then Scheifele and Hellebuyck?? Granted Scheifele's contract is one of the best bargains in the league, but Scheifele clearly wants to win!!

Dobber Sports Master

So, they live with the Trouba contract until next offseason and then let him walk. I can't see another course of action and they would only lose by trading him. He's far better for them in the lineup and I can't see a return with the same impact. Not a bad play and it gives them a seriously good team for this year at least. Next year when Wheeler, Laine and Connor are up in the summer, they'll have a bit more room. Perhaps Niku makes the jump next year and they expand Morrisey's role. Poolman's too. I can see Poolman as full-time this year with Enstrom gone.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Genius

I don't think Chevy will let Trouba walk.

I definitely think we see Poolman take the jump this season. He's a very smart, slick player. He doesn't have Trouba's mean streak and physicality, but I think he's got the tools to be a very solid NHL'er. I've seen him as a 'poor man's Trouba', but with some development who knows, he could be more.

Hopefully Niku can figure out the defensive part of the game, because his offense is certainly there already. What a weapon he'd be if he could get better in his own end.

Dobber Sports Master

He may not have a choice.. Obviously it's not the preference, but he might have more to gain by keeping him on the team for the playoffs and throughout. He's a heck of a player and trading him, even if it gains him assets in return, removes him from the lineup, where replacing him is a tough task. Especially if that means bumping up the depth chart in the face of a long playoff run, where you need a tonne of defencemen just to make it through.
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Trouba's still going to be an RFA at the end of this season, so technically one more shot to sign him long-term. If Trouba, the Jets and the media don't make it a distraction for this year, I like the team moving forward. There are going to have to be changes next offseason anyway (Trouba for prospects? Perreault for same?) but this season if Little can improve between Ehlers and Laine then it looks pretty good.

Dobber Sports Master

I don't think Little will improve.. I think he has peaked. They might look to Roslovic to fill that hole. I couldn't fathom it before, but do the Jets consider moving Ehlers eventually? Seems unthinkable to me but I guess it could happen. I see it more likely that Trouba walks and the Jets replace him internally.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Grand Master

If you think the Jets offer at $4 mil was artificially low to impact how the arbitrator averages, you have to also think Trouba's ask of $7 mil was artificially high to impact the arbitrator average.

If you choose a 6 year deal at $6.5 mil/year with a signing date of August 1, 2018 you get this list of comparables:

https://www.capfriendly.com/comparab...gp=326&pts=129

He's firmly in that group, and almost certainly near the top. It's mind blowing that people think he's not worth $6.5/year, it's mind blowing that people think he's not worth $7/year.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    If you think the Jets offer at $4 mil was artificially low to impact how the arbitrator averages, you have to also think Trouba's ask of $7 mil was artificially high to impact the arbitrator average.

If you choose a 6 year deal at $6.5 mil/year with a signing date of August 1, 2018 you get this list of comparables:

He's firmly in that group, and almost certainly near the top. It's mind blowing that people think he's not worth $6.5/year, it's mind blowing that people think he's not worth $7/year.
    Ouff Danny Dekeyser
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post

He's certainly in the top 10 on that list, I would say. I'd guess there are around 7 or so guys from that list that I'd sooner have over Trouba, but that's not saying a lot. When you've drafted a guy in this tier of defenseman, you've got to do what you can to keep him, or trade him, if you can manage without. I can't help but think that Trouba just wants out, because I'm pretty sure he's received a fair offer from the team. I could be wrong, though.

We haven't seen Chevy make many mistakes, so I still believe that one way or another this situation will work out fine for the Jets.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    I can't help but think that Trouba just wants out, because I'm pretty sure he's received a fair offer from the team. I could be wrong, though.

We haven't seen Chevy make many mistakes, so I still believe that one way or another this situation will work out fine for the Jets.
    I am with you on Chevy. Not sure he wants out as much as he wants to be the top guy and paid the top dollar. If he can't get those, then he wants them elsewhere but I don't get the feeling he doesn't like the organization. It's the circumstance I think he doesn't like...
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

The weird thing in Winnipeg is that the team or Trouba have never talk about this deal at all. Nobody has said how happy they are to have Trouba back and Trouba hasn't said anything about being back.. Just bizarre..
    I have a feeling the Jets don't want to pay Trouba what his agent thinks he is worth.. And I still think Trouba wamts out even though he is saying he wants to stay..