Page 80 of 105 FirstFirst ... 30 70 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 90 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1570

Thread: Winnipeg Jets

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Winnipeg Jets

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    L.M.A.O.

Now, THAT was good. +1

It has no impact but to distract and entertain, which I suppose is the purpose of pro sports anyway... Whether a team beats another comes down to talent, drive, coaching, teamwork and luck. The margins at this level are small and all of that rhetoric is well lost within those margins. I do believe human motivation is capable of great things, but outside of at least the basic amounts and sufficient amounts of talent to accomplish it, it does little else.

Those barbarians in the opening scene were badass, motivated and feisty as hell, but they had stone axes and wooden swords, while the Romans had fireball catapults. I don't know that the speech those dudes hear that morning, or the news article engraved in the stone tablet had as much impact as those catapults..
    LOL, sounds like you're even more of a Gladiator fanatic than I am.

Speaking of rhetoric have you not seen Ovechkin's latest public declaration that they're going back to DC with the series tied up at 2? If the Great 8 uses it then it must work!

Dobber Sports Legend

Bruce Boudreau. The ultimate "hate the face."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Bruce Boudreau. The ultimate "hate the face."
    I love when he gets mad.. Gets all red like a tomato and actually looks like a cartoon character..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I love when he gets mad.. Gets all red like a tomato and actually looks like a cartoon character..
    He def does!

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    LOL, sounds like you're even more of a Gladiator fanatic than I am.

Speaking of rhetoric have you not seen Ovechkin's latest public declaration that they're going back to DC with the series tied up at 2? If the Great 8 uses it then it must work!
    lol I just have a good memory....

I love the predictions .That's the kind of trash talk I can get behind.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Morrisey..... 1 game?? Just a fine? More than 1 game?? Whats your thoughts?

Dobber Sports Master

A fine... It should have been a penalty. I would have accepted a 2 min minor to a 5 min major for it... The refs totally blew that and I don't know how, since it was in the middle of the ice. I don't think that's a suspension...

The mobs are out for blood, but the NHL really can't use suspensions to make up for the refs' mistakes on the ice.. That is not the purpose of a suspension.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Genius

A fine... It should have been a penalty. I would have accepted a 2 min minor to a 5 min major for it... The refs totally blew that and I don't know how, since it was in the middle of the ice. I don't think that's a suspension...

The mobs are out for blood, but the NHL really can't use suspensions to make up for the refs' mistakes on the ice.. That is not the purpose of a suspension.
    This is exactly my take.

I agree fully...

Just heard that he has a phone hearing.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Jedi

regardless of the refs blowing the call or not.. it's a play that is completely unnecessary or desired in the NHL -- I think he's getting 1-2 games. It's a cheap shot that just has no place. drop the stick, throw a punch. It was pretty Marchand of him to do.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    It's a cheap shot that just has no place. drop the stick, throw a punch. It was pretty Marchand of him to do.
    Sorry, this is false. He didn't intend to get Staal in the head, or even hurt him. It was a standard hockey play (trying to shove him out of the slot area) that went wrong because he missed the intended target (Staal's shoulder). It's within the rules for Morrissey to get a suspension if the league so chooses, but saying it was Marchand-like is just wrong.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    Sorry, this is false. He didn't intend to get Staal in the head, or even hurt him. It was a standard hockey play (trying to shove him out of the slot area) that went wrong because he missed the intended target (Staal's shoulder). It's within the rules for Morrissey to get a suspension if the league so chooses, but saying it was Marchand-like is just wrong.
    I agree that I don't think it was intentional but it was clearly a careless / dangerous play and I think he will get 1 game. Since I don't think any of Entrom, Myers or Kulikov are ready that would mean mister AHL defenceman of the year Sami Niku would be in for game 5.....
    10 Team Keeper League, 15 Keepers (max 2 goalies), 10 prospects, Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 3 Utility, 4D, 2G

Stats: G, A, P, +/-, PIMS, SOG, STP; W, SO, SV%, GAA

C: MacKinnon, Scheifele, Larkin, Pavelski (RW)
    LW Panarin, Ehlers , Ovechkin, Verhaeghe (C), Beauvillier, Killorn
    RW: Kucherov, Pastrnak, Wheeler, Mangiapane (LW)
    D: Makar, Hughes, Krug; Pietrangelo, Schmidt, Andersson, Gostibehere
    G: Vasilevskiy, Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky

Prospects: Sorokin (G), Askarov (G), Raymond (LW), Kaliyev (RW), Perfetti (RW), Norris (C), Kaprizov (LW), Hayton (C), Brannstrom (D), Boqvist (D), Clarke (D)

Dobber Sports Jedi

Sensitive

Dobber Sports Jedi

you need to look at the cross check again... to say he didn't mean to get him in the head is false. the initial contact is with the top of Staals ear... not even close to his shoulder. Staal is standing upright with full neck exposed as well. there's grazing of the jersey, the helmet moves because that's the initial point of contact with the shaft of Morrissey's stick. If you don't want to call it Marchand like.. that's fine... but man, watch the hit again, he's reaching UP to hit Staal, it's careless, wreckless.

Dobber Sports Genius

The league will do what they'll do. Doesn't really matter what our opinion is.