Page 76 of 105 FirstFirst ... 26 66 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 86 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1570

Thread: Winnipeg Jets

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Winnipeg Jets

Oy, sounds like there was a bit of a fight at Jets practice today, between Wheeler and Chiarot. Scheifele was involved to some degree. Doesn't this tend to happen more with teams that are struggling? Apart from the Kane days, I've never heard of there being any issues or animosity within this group.

Chiarot is a bit of a hot head, and Wheeler has seemed ornery in interviews over the last while, so maybe it was just a colliding of the wrong temperaments at the wrong time. Here's the series of tweets from Scott Billeck:

“Blake Wheeler and Ben Chiarot just fought with each other here at practice. Appears that Wheeler took a slap shot at Chiarot. Looks like Scheifele cross-checked Chiarot and then Wheeler stepped in and began throwing punches at Chiarot. Blake Wheeler left the practice.”

“Looks like he took a punch to the face, perhaps a welt over his eye. Hard to tell. Threw his helmet onto the bench, clearly frustrated. ”

“Paul Maurice yelled “f*** off, don’t do it” to Wheeler and Chiarot after the gloves dropped.”

“The fight pretty much ended practice. Maurice left the ice not long after Wheeler did.”

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

HaHaHa.. Beauty!! Things are heating up, let's get the playoffs underway!! I just read this stuff aswell about 25 minutes ago, it always seems to happen to the good teams.. This will only make the Jets stronger..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Icon

Wow to be a fly on the wall when Maurice gets them behind a closed door.

Actually the walls wouldn't be too safe 'cause the paint would be peeling like a motherf@cker.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Ninja

Hate to say it but I think the Jets are going deep this year and have as good a shot as anyone to win it all.

While everyone is snatching up TB and Nashville players in the early rounds, I'll be reaching for the big 3 (Schief, Laine, Wheeler) + Hellboy.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Hate to say it but I think the Jets are going deep this year and have as good a shot as anyone to win it all.
    Aw come on blayze you love it, you know you do.

While everyone is snatching up TB and Nashville players in the early rounds, I'll be reaching for the big 3 (Schief, Laine, Wheeler) + Hellboy.
    Ehlers, don't sleep on the little waterbug! Connor too...shheeeit this team is deep.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

"Hate to say it"?? Why??

This is Canada's team this year baby!!
    If I'm drafting Jets, I'm also taking Stastny and Byfuglien!!

Fantastic win this evening.. Tough to play well when 3 of your top 6 dmen(Trouba, Enstron, and Kulikov) are out.. Morrow played really good though, I was impressed.. Armia was a beast out there winning puck battles and actually throwing his weight around..
    I love the line of Tanev-Lowry-Copp.. Fiesty bunch who steal tons of pucks and battle hard to keep possession..

The Jets also officially clinched a playoff spot tonight too!!

IN the playoffs. Congrats!

I am am so much looking forward to a preds Jets 2nd round series.

Dobber Sports Genius

Woohoo!! The Whiteout's coming back to WPG!

Another dominant game by Connor.

I'm not sure I can handle a Jets/Preds 7 game series! Yikes, those are intense games!

Dobber Sports Ninja

What was with Laine tonight? His ice time was minimal and he was invisible out there.

Connor looking amazing - I may have to scoop him for the final week. Jets have a juicy 4 game schedule.

Dobber Sports Genius

What was with Laine tonight? His ice time was minimal and he was invisible out there.

Connor looking amazing - I may have to scoop him for the final week. Jets have a juicy 4 game schedule.
    He took a wicked slash to the chin that went unnoticed. He had to leave for a good while to get stitched up. Looked a little gruesome with the blood-stained beard.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Would you guys start Scheifele for 3 games next week (BOS, @TOR, @CHI) or Landeskog for 4 games (@VGK, PHI, CHI, @ANA) next week?

Dobber Sports Deity

Would you guys start Scheifele for 3 games next week (BOS, @TOR, @CHI) or Landeskog for 4 games (@VGK, PHI, CHI, @ANA) next week?
    I'd start Schiefele.

Man that was a fun game to watch last night. Damn near playoff hockey they way they were beating each other up. Both goalies played good.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

The game last night was amazing, well worth staying up. It was just like the previous one.

Connor looked completely dominant. Morrow was smoother than usual, good game for him.

The overtime was so weird. Why Wheeler held up on his shot from that Scheifele pass, I'll never know. He looked tired in the third period and OT, despite a nice rush at the end.. he didn't have the energy to finish it seemed. Byfuglien made the same rush twice in a row and just missed going in high. Myers hit the crossbar and then Turris the post?! Insane. Saros saved the Preds for a little there, or it would have been two or three more goals. Ehlers seemed to have a few brain cramps entering the zone.. Especially on the PP.. I know Maurice wants Stasnty on PP1, but I would be tempted to send him to PP2 and bring Connor to PP1. There seemed to be zero chemistry in the PP2 group, despite the fact that I think they got one (Connor's).
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Scheifele Wheeler Lowry Trouba Morrissey and Hellebuyck all out for the Jets tonight!!