Page 71 of 105 FirstFirst ... 21 61 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 81 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1570

Thread: Winnipeg Jets

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Winnipeg Jets

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I was at the game tonight, can you say "sloppy".. Wow.. This was definitely a trap game, just glad we got the two points.. I didn't mind the dano-petan-lemieux line to be honest.. Not sure how they would do against a upper echelon team though..

#comebacksheifele
    Me neither, though I think that is a 4th line and not much more. A great, speedy 4th line with some scoring pedigree. From what I have seen from Petan, I don't think he develops into more than a depth player. 3rd line guy who skates hard and contributes offense, almost like Perreault.

Once Scheifele and Trouba are both back, this team will be flat-out ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

I was at the game tonight, can you say "sloppy".. Wow.. This was definitely a trap game, just glad we got the two points.. I didn't mind the dano-petan-lemieux line to be honest.. Not sure how they would do against a upper echelon team though..

#comebacksheifele
    Me neither, though I think that is a 4th line and not much more. A great, speedy 4th line with some scoring pedigree. From what I have seen from Petan, I don't think he develops into more than a depth player. 3rd line guy who skates hard and contributes offense, almost like Perreault.

Once Scheifele and Trouba are both back, this team will be flat-out ridiculous.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Expert

Posted this in St Louis thread but it seems slow.

Anyone see the Winnipeg game? I know Jake Allen started and won. But how did he look? Is he getting his confidence back?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Allen looked ok last night.. He really didn't get tested too much as the Blues played really good defensively infront of him.. He only had 22 shots on net but obviously did enough to get the victory!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Master

Missed the game against WSH. Saw Connor played 18+ mins with 5 SOG. Is he back on the top line or was it PP time?
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Genius

Forward lines at practice:

Connor – Scheifele – Wheeler
    Perreault – Little – Roslovic
    Ehlers – Copp – Laine
    Petan – Hendricks – Armia

This is basically what the lines were at the end of the last game. Connor and Roslovic looked fantastic. I like Ehlers a lot, but he's really got to cut out the overly cute plays and turnovers in the neutral zone. Laine, too, to a degree, and he's got to work on his quickness and effort level every game. They'll both see their ice-time rounded up a bit via the PP.

At any rate, I'd expect Connor and Roslovic to put up some numbers if these lines stick for a little while.

Ohhhhhh I hope Tanev comes back and Petan heads back to the Moose!!

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    Forward lines at practice:

Perreault – Little – Roslovic
    Ehlers – Copp – Laine
    Petan – Hendricks – Armia

This is basically what the lines were at the end of the last game. Connor and Roslovic looked fantastic. I like Ehlers a lot, but he's really got to cut out the overly cute plays and turnovers in the neutral zone. Laine, too, to a degree, and he's got to work on his quickness and effort level every game. They'll both see their ice-time rounded up a bit via the PP.

At any rate, I'd expect Connor and Roslovic to put up some numbers if these lines stick for a little while.
    Ohhhhhh I hope Tanev comes back and Petan heads back to the Moose!!
    I would love to see

Ehlers – Little – Laine
    Perreault – Lowry – Roslovic
    Petan - Copp – Armia

Hendricks

And Petan Eventually traded for a big, strong, slick defensive 3C, with Lowry shifting to line 4. Petan is a decent prospect but the top 6 opportunity just won't happen for him on a team so deep in WPG. If they could get a Couturier equivalent (like a poor man's equivalent), even if he was a little older... Like Mike Fisher at age 30+ or something for Petan, I would do it.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Genius

Yeah, I think Petan's trade bait at this point. He's still got value for a team shallow at forward skill depth, but there's no place for him with the Jets. He's still young enough to make a career for himself in the right situation, hopefully. No idea what he could garner, though.

Yeah, I think Petan's trade bait at this point. He's still got value for a team shallow at forward skill depth, but there's no place for him with the Jets. He's still young enough to make a career for himself in the right situation, hopefully. No idea what he could garner, though.
    Could the Jets trade him to Carolina for Mr Game 7?? Williams could be a nice addition to the Jets. He has 38 points in 58 games...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Could the Jets trade him to Carolina for Mr Game 7?? Williams could be a nice addition to the Jets. He has 38 points in 58 games...
    Wouldn't surprise me if he's on Chevy's radar. The team could definitely use some playoff experience.

Wouldn't surprise me if he's on Chevy's radar. The team could definitely use some playoff experience.
    I would love Williams in a Jets uni for this playoff run.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

They definitely need to get some experience on this squad. Now's the time to make a deal..

Last time they were in contention for the playoffs, Chevy acquired Stempniak and Tlusty.. I expect something to happen soon and I feel Petan and their 1st will be heading elsewhere!!

Dobber Sports Master

Petan and their 1st would be enough to land Hoffman... but the Jets don't need that kind of player. They need an experienced, defensive centre. They clearly do not need scorers...
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dominating performance last night by the Jets. 4-0 in St.Louis. Scheifele-Wheeler-Connor had the puck on a string most of the night.. Is it just me or is Byfuglien playing really good of late??

I am so interested to see what move or moves Chevy is going to pull off.. Something is on the brink of happening here..

Dobber Sports Wizard

Dominating performance last night by the Jets. 4-0 in St.Louis. Scheifele-Wheeler-Connor had the puck on a string most of the night.. Is it just me or is Byfuglien playing really good of late??

I am so interested to see what move or moves Chevy is going to pull off.. Something is on the brink of happening here..
    I would love to see McDonagh in Winnipeg but I think they can only acquire a rental because they'll have Ehlers jumping to $6M, and Trouba and Hellebuyck to re-sign. Maybe Jack Johnson?

It sounded like they were after Brassard, so maybe they would acquire someone like Plekanec for that #3C spot.

Not very sexy names but those are probably their best options if they're only in the rental market which would make sense because I don't really see them trading someone from their active lineup right now.