Page 70 of 105 FirstFirst ... 20 60 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1570

Thread: Winnipeg Jets

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Winnipeg Jets

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    Yeesh, that was one of the worst non-calls I've ever seen. Breaking your stick via a two-hander to a goalie's head is apparently a-okay in the NHL. Good goal. To top it off, it was James Neil. How do you not automatically assume guilt when he's involved?
    I actually did not understand the call at all... So the puck was playable, ok... but is that not a high stick? And okay, it's below the waist or cross-bar... is it still not slashing? Even if the puck was loose, doesn't a penalty negate the goal?

How is that not the definition of slashing... even if you're trying to play the puck.... I thought the Jets' locker-room comments in response were perfect... all in sync and all about how Neal could break his stick over Hellebuyck's head and that's somehow ok.

Watch the league issue some kind of stupid apology in a couple of days... Or maybe not, who knows. Terrible call. Even after review, holy cow.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeesh, that was one of the worst non-calls I've ever seen. Breaking your stick via a two-hander to a goalie's head is apparently a-okay in the NHL. Good goal. To top it off, it was James Neil. How do you not automatically assume guilt when he's involved?
    I actually did not understand the call at all... So the puck was playable, ok... but is that not a high stick? And okay, it's below the waist or cross-bar... is it still not slashing? Even if the puck was loose, doesn't a penalty negate the goal?

How is that not the definition of slashing... even if you're trying to play the puck.... I thought the Jets' locker-room comments in response were perfect... all in sync and all about how Neal could break his stick over Hellebuyck's head and that's somehow ok.

Watch the league issue some kind of stupid apology in a couple of days... Or maybe not, who knows. Terrible call. Even after review, holy cow.

- - - Updated - - -

Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Tanev-Lowry-Copp needs to be the Jets 4th line.. I hope the Jets acquire a 3rd line center for Perreault and Armia.. I could also see the Jets getting a top 6 forward and pushing guys down the lineup and someone like Copp into the press box..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Tanev-Lowry-Copp needs to be the Jets 4th line.. I hope the Jets acquire a 3rd line center for Perreault and Armia.. I could also see the Jets getting a top 6 forward and pushing guys down the lineup and someone like Copp into the press box..
    I could see the traditional 3rd line C being the acquisition vs the top 6. Their top 6 is in the better half of the league... probably in the better quarter... or even better.

Better, better, better, best!
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    I could see the traditional 3rd line C being the acquisition vs the top 6. Their top 6 is in the better half of the league... probably in the better quarter... or even better.

Better, better, better, best!
    I agree, but could you imagine if the Connor/Roslovic spot in the top 6 was filled by a someone they acquired and then the team gets deeper..

I am so lookng forward to the next month or so..

Dobber Sports Master

I agree, but could you imagine if the Connor/Roslovic spot in the top 6 was filled by a someone they acquired and then the team gets deeper..

I am so lookng forward to the next month or so..
    Last night they mentioned Rick Nash.... and let me tell ya, I would rather see Connor at 18 mins a night with Scheifele and Wheeler than Nash...... the names available are WAY past their prime, or the Paciorettys of this World are way too expensive, probably costing at least a Roslovic and then some.. maybe even a Connor... and I don't think the Jets are doing that. I could see them moving Vesalainen, but it has to be in a Pacioretty type of package, not a Nash...
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Last night they mentioned Rick Nash.... and let me tell ya, I would rather see Connor at 18 mins a night with Scheifele and Wheeler than Nash...... the names available are WAY past their prime, or the Paciorettys of this World are way too expensive, probably costing at least a Roslovic and then some.. maybe even a Connor... and I don't think the Jets are doing that. I could see them moving Vesalainen, but it has to be in a Pacioretty type of package, not a Nash...
    They would quickly regret trading Vesalainen. Two years from now, I can see Vesalainen being better than Pacioretty.

I'm not sure Winnipeg needs to make any major moves. They have four excellent forwards, four excellent defensemen, good amount of depth, good goalies... They might be better off giving their youngsters bigger minutes instead.

I agree with both of you AZ and JP..... I'd love toget Pacioretty but not at the cost of Roslovic or Connor..

JP, do you really believe Vesalainen is going to be better than Pacioretty in 2 years time?? Wow..

Dobber Sports Wizard

JP, do you really believe Vesalainen is going to be better than Pacioretty in 2 years time?? Wow..
    Yes I do. It's partly because I think Pacioretty is declining but Vesalainen is a stud prospect, and Winnipeg will be very happy they got him so late in the draft. He's having a great season in Liiga, and he was very good at the WJC as well. He'll challenge Connor for that #1LW spot soon enough.

Guys on HockeyCentral today said that Scheifele might be back this week?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I think I read somewhere that Friday against the Blues is where they're expecting him to play.

Ken Wiebe‏ @WiebeSunSports
    #NHLJets line rushes this morning: Laine-Wheeler-Roslovic, Perreault-Little-Ehlers, Connor-Copp-Armia, Dano-Scheifele-Poolman

Dobber Sports Deity

Interesting

https://twitter.com/WiebeSunSports/s...82282271690752

#NHLJets HC Paul Maurice said he’s considering using Tucker Poolman up front on Tue but hinted there would be at least one recall up front from #MBMoose of #AHL
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Yes I do. It's partly because I think Pacioretty is declining but Vesalainen is a stud prospect, and Winnipeg will be very happy they got him so late in the draft. He's having a great season in Liiga, and he was very good at the WJC as well. He'll challenge Connor for that #1LW spot soon enough.
    Dang! High praise! I think he's pretty good and if he can make a 2nd line impact in the fashion of pushing Perreault to line 3 and Roslovic can do the same to push Little to line 3, that is a ridiculous and deep top 9.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Scheifele actually wanted to play tonight as he says he is ready.. But yes they are saying he's back Friday!!

Dobber Sports Master

Scheifele actually wanted to play tonight as he says he is ready.. But yes they are saying he's back Friday!!
    Get Connor back on that top line!!!!!!!!!!

Roslovic scored a beautiful goal tonight, though. I still think he's a better fit at C.

Perreault is fit for the 3rd line. Put him with Copp and Armia. Experiment over. Even then, he had a few brain cramps late in the game, including trying to go for the empty net whilst clearing the puck straight up the middle....!

Laine - Scheifele - Wheeler
    Connor - Little - Ehlers (if Little can keep up with them)
    Perreault - Copp - Armia
    Hendricks - Lowry - Tanev

Worst case, bump Hendricks, bump down Copp and have Roslovic on the third line, though I think the Jets want him only in a scoring role, which makes sense, but I think he is going to be a good two-way C, like when Plekanec was good.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

I was at the game tonight, can you say "sloppy".. Wow.. This was definitely a trap game, just glad we got the two points.. I didn't mind the dano-petan-lemieux line to be honest.. Not sure how they would do against a upper echelon team though..

#comebacksheifele