Page 37 of 105 FirstFirst ... 27 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 47 87 ... LastLast

Thread: Winnipeg Jets

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
    Why Barker? We need bottom-pairing defensemen. Right now we have Grant Clitsome as our 6th and possibly Derek Meech. There's no drop off from those two players and Barker. Barker is low risk/high reward option. We lose nothing for a one-year deal. I'd rather have him than Meech.
    I would rather have Clitsome, Meech, Flood, Postma and Kulda than Cam Barker. The Jets don't need to add anyone on the back end, in my opinion, unless it's someone with a strong defensive game and some grit. That is not Cam Barker.

Dobber Sports Stud

Clitsome, Meech and Flood.. no.

Postma and Kulda.. yes.

I'm hoping Postma makes the team, though it might be doubtful.
    Go Jets Go

Featured Columnist for the Winnipeg Jets
    http://bleacherreport.com/users/386108-anthony-capocci

Follow for Winnipeg Jets Updates
    www.twitter.com/CapocciJETS

Dobber Sports Stud

Very little out there that interests me.

I'd still like to get Mueller. Probably unlikely. Wouldn't mind Semin, that is if he would want to come here. The other forward I'd like? Kostitsyn. Other than those three, not really anything else out that that interests me.

I'm already saying bye bye to Wellwood. Fehr and Stapleton are the other two UFAs that haven't signed elsewhere but I expect them to be gone as well.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Ninja

Just read that the Jets and Kane are close to an agreement on an extension. Rumoured to be a six-year deal. Would be a huge step for the organization to lock him down long-term

THE Winnipeg Jets and Evander Kane's representatives are working on a long-term contract that could see the player signed for up to six years.
    Negotiations are moving at a methodical pace with both sides motivated to strike a lengthy pact and get it completed well before training came according to multiple sources involved in the deal.
    Contracts signed by New York Islanders sniper John Tavares and Toronto Maple Leafs forward Phil Kessel are being used as examples. Both players signed long-term packages coming out of their entry level contracts, Tavares a six-year deal worth $33 million and Kessel a five-year pact worth $27 million.

If for some reason, and at this point that seems highly unlikely, the negotiations turn to a shorter bridge-type contract, Kane's deal could be along the lines of the two-year pacts signed by James Neal and Logan Couture worth $5.75 million following the expiration of their entry level deals.
    Full article can be found here: http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/spo...162690176.html

Dobber Sports Genius

Thanks for posting the link, b0ndon. I read about that this morning, too. Awesome to hear that the intentions of both sides are to have him sign here long-term. He's a special talent, and it definitely bodes well for the team's future to have him fully on board.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    Thanks for posting the link, b0ndon. I read about that this morning, too. Awesome to hear that the intentions of both sides are to have him sign here long-term. He's a special talent, and it definitely bodes well for the team's future to have him fully on board.
    No problem bud , yeah clearly if Kane and his people are even talking about a long-term deal then it sounds like all those reports about Kane being unhappy in Winnipeg were complete bullshit.

Dobber Sports Pro

Kane - Little - Wheeler
    Ladd - Jokinen - Wellwood
    Poni - Burmistrov - Antropov
    Thorburn - Slater - Miettinen
    Machachek

Enstrom - Byfuglien
    Hainsey - Bogosian
    Stuart - Clitsome
    Postma

Looks like the prospects will need some injuries up front in order to get a look.
    Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League - 2nd Place
    Teams: 12
    Players: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT

Goalies: GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV,SV%,SHO
    Pro(23) Keep(17)
    3C - Toews/Spezza/Rask/Backlund/Dubinsky(LW)
    3LW -Palat/Abdelkader(RW)/Henrique(C)/Soderberg(C)
    3RW - Simmonds/Smith(C)/Little(C)/Jenner(C)/Stafford
    6D - Doughty/Ekman-Larsson/Chara/Braun/Klingberg/Stone/Theodore
    2G - Hellybuyck/Lehner
    IR - Wisniewski/Perreault(C)/Savard/Pavelec
    Farm(10)
    C - Dvorak(LW)
    LW -Lindberg(C)
    RW -
    D - Pulock/Gustafsson
    G - Darling/Hutchinson/Condon/Ullmark//Johnson/Raanta

Dobber Sports Icon

Byfuglien's case settled, good news for him and the Jets (and his owners!)

July 23, 2012, 1:25 pm
    THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

MINNEAPOLIS -- Winnipeg Jets defenceman Dustin Byfuglien has avoided a trial on drunken boating charges by pleading guilty to careless boating.

Byfuglien reached a plea deal on Monday, the day his trial was to start in Minneapolis.

Byfuglien was charged last August with boating under the influence and refusing to take a chemical test after an incident on suburban Lake Minnetonka. Careless boating is a misdemeanour, and Byfuglien was sentenced to a year's probation, two days of public service, a $1,000 fine and a day in an alcohol education program.

Defence attorney Mitchell Robinson says Byfuglien had a 0.031 blood-alcohol content when tested on the lake, well below Minnesota's limit for driving boats or cars.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Ninja

Posted this in the E.Kane thread in General Hockey Chat but thought I'd throw it up here for you Jets fans as well.

Just 24 players in the NHL scored more goals than Evander Kane last season and the Winnipeg Jets have placed a premium value on his services, offering him a rich and long-term contract.
    Kane and his representatives are mulling over a six-year deal in the neighbourhood of $29 million as negotiations between the two sides have ramped up.
    It’s swap-proposal time in the Kane talks and unless someone digs in their heels, an agreement should be reached. Talks to this point have been productive with both sides proving to be creative and flexible in order to get an agreement that works for everyone.
    http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bre...163488756.html

Dobber Sports Stud

Enstrom signed to an extension!
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Not the big signing news I was expecting, but still fantastic news. It's funny that right at the beginning of free agency people were sort of criticizing Chevy saying he should be doing more. I say locking up their current up and coming players rather than over paying for every FA out there is a far better plan.

Watching the Jets will continue to be exciting for years.
    "Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

20 Team H2H Dynasty - Winnipeg Jets
    G A Pts +/- PIM SOG STP Hit Blk FOW - W GAA SV SV% SO

Start 4 C-8W-6D-1G

C: Backstrom, Fisher, Nyquist, Bjugstad, Shore
    W: Skinner (C/W), Lucic, Wheeler, Schwartz (c/w)Glencross, Boedker, Kassian, Prust, Arcobello
    D: Karlsson, Ekman-Larsson, Carle, Hamilton, Seidenberg, Trouba, Gudas
    G: Miller, Stalock
    P: Armia, Jurco, Pulock, Ca. Pickard, E. Comrie

Dobber Sports Stud

[QUOTE=Rad64;992294]Kane - Little - Wheeler
    Ladd - Jokinen - Wellwood
    Poni - Burmistrov - Antropov
    Thorburn - Slater - Miettinen
    Machachek
    QUOTE]

As a Kane and Wheeler owner, I certainly hope they will play on the same line! The combination of their size and speed would be great to see over a full season. I like the additions of Jokinen and Poni, it gives a new dimension to this line-up. They're not the most popular players, but in the right situation, they'll be very serviceable ----> see Poni in NJ, and Jokinen last year in CGY.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Stud

News is breaking slow this time of the year, but something to note, Bogosian will miss 3 to 6 months with an injury.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Stud

If anyone is interested, here's my write up on Postma. I know a lot of people will be looking for some under-the-radar type signing, and Postma will be just that.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ct-paul-postma
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Stud

Just a quick update--

Hopefully no one here has forgotten about this team coverage page. The summer was very slow especially with CBA negotiations going on. Not much to talk about from the Jets front unless you like repetitive Evander Kane rumors.

I'll have an article out soon with my sleepers/surprises, and disappointments for the Jets this season. Things will pick up here nicely, and as the season (hopefully there is one) nears closer, I'll have a lot more to say in here.

Remember to check often and ask any questions as I will be here to answer them all. I'll also update here whenever I have a new piece out. As always, if you need to contact me, feel free to PM me or find me on Twitter down below.
    Go Jets Go