Page 24 of 105 FirstFirst ... 14 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 34 74 ... LastLast

Thread: Winnipeg Jets

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Apparently Byfuglien measured 101, 103 and 104mph!
    Yeah, that's pretty freaking impressive. A very nice weapon on the point.

Have you been happy with Buff from a fantasy perspective this year, Ross? I know you had some concerns before the season's start. He seems to be putting up decent numbers, and I see upside in both his game as well as the team's overall game.
    Last edited by CascadeFilly; November 16, 2011 at 7:52 PM.

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm going to question the accuracy of those results. Maybe they forgot to reset it after Byfuglien shot, lol. I find it very hard to believe that a little guy like Stapleton is getting 96 mph on a slap shot. I picture him being one of those mites on ice players that when they take a slap shot their whole body falls over. He's never even shot from the point on the power play, he just moves the puck along to the defensemen.
    Go Jets Go

Featured Columnist for the Winnipeg Jets
    http://bleacherreport.com/users/386108-anthony-capocci

Follow for Winnipeg Jets Updates
    www.twitter.com/CapocciJETS

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Another goal for Kane tonight... if you take out the first 5 games of the season he'd have 7 goals and 5 assists in 13 games (including tonight).

Dobber Sports Stud

Jets win 4-1 over the Caps. Another solid full 60 minute effort put out on the ice tonight! Dominating performance led by Pavelec and co.

Evander Kane is red hot. He scored twice tonight, and hit a crossbar for good measures. Boy does this kid have one helluva shot. He now has team leading 8 goals on the season and tied with Wellwood for the point lead with 13.

Blake Wheeler can now get that monkey off his back! He finally scored his first goal of the season tonight, and played pretty well all around. It looks as if he could start lighting up it now. The Jets are going to need it.

All is good in Wellwood. Kyle Wellwood had a goal and an assist tonight, and he continues to be a major surprise for the Jets. He played an outstanding game all around and made some nice passes on the powerplay with his good vision. His tally tonight gives him 6 for the season to go with 13 points.

Burmi, Ladd, Little, and Stapleton all chipped in with assists. Burmi now has 12 points on the season.

Zach Bogosian is a work horse out there as he logged 27 and a half minutes. You could just see he's found confidence in his game as he makes smart plays. He continually improves as the year goes on and it's a good bet to safely assume he's making progress towards becoming a top defensemen. He's developing very well which is a joy for me as a fan to witness after his previous season.

Ondrej Pavelec, what can I say? He was phenominal in net again.

Next up; Philadelphia.

Go Jets Go!
    Last edited by AtlantaSportsFan; November 17, 2011 at 11:16 PM.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Guru

Has Antropov looked okay? Not showing up in the boxscores as often!
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    Has Antropov looked okay? Not showing up in the boxscores as often!
    He'll be fine. He's pointless in three straight but he's still making plays and making things happen.

I should note that he and Bryan Little switched lines (not sure if permanent or just one of Noel's experiments). Antropov is now centering Ladd and Wellwood. I doubt it affects his game as he should improve the play of Ladd.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Genius

Amazing game last night, as the Jets pretty much dominated top to bottom.

I've actually got a new found respect for Antropov and Wellwood. I watched these guys play in Toronto back in the day, but wasn't overly wowed by them (decent players, mind you). I've been so impressed with their poise and creativity out there this year. For Wellwood to just jump on board, with a modest contract, and play the way he has is really impressive. Antropov hasn't got blazing speed, but his big body, good hands and maturity are a huge boon to any line he's on.

Plenty of guys playing well this year for the Jets, but the biggest eye-openers for me have perhaps been these two. They have surprised me most.

I agree, ASF, Bogosian is looking fantastic. Great to see him flourish, and he really does seem so content and happy to play here. Awesome to see.

The crowd last night was amazing, too. Wow, were they loud. One of the most rockin' bunches I've heard at the MTS Centre. Guess that'll happen when you're dominating one of the best teams and players in the game.

Hey, have you bought a jersey yet, ASF? What name(s) are you putting on yours? Blue or white? I've been going back and forth, but for the time being Bogosian and Kane are my first choices, and I'd probably go with the blue. Not sure which one to start with, though...

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    Amazing game last night, as the Jets pretty much dominated top to bottom.

I've actually got a new found respect for Antropov and Wellwood. I watched these guys play in Toronto back in the day, but wasn't overly wowed by them (decent players, mind you). I've been so impressed with their poise and creativity out there this year. For Wellwood to just jump on board, with a modest contract, and play the way he has is really impressive. Antropov hasn't got blazing speed, but his big body, good hands and maturity are a huge boon to any line he's on.

Plenty of guys playing well this year for the Jets, but the biggest eye-openers for me have perhaps been these two. They have surprised me most.

I agree, ASF, Bogosian is looking fantastic. Great to see him flourish, and he really does seem so content and happy to play here. Awesome to see.

The crowd last night was amazing, too. Wow, were they loud. One of the most rockin' bunches I've heard at the MTS Centre. Guess that'll happen when you're dominating one of the best teams and players in the game.

Hey, have you bought a jersey yet, ASF? What name(s) are you putting on yours? Blue or white? I've been going back and forth, but for the time being Bogosian and Kane are my first choices, and I'd probably go with the blue. Not sure which one to start with, though...
    Good points. I agree with you about Wellwood. I wasn't really a fan of Wellwood and before the season I thought he was a wasted signing. He's truly proven me wrong thus far.

Unfortunately I haven't. It's hard for me to get one since my only option is Shop.NHL.com and they haven't released them yet. Well look at this, you actually just made me bring up shop.nhl.com and it seems as if they have them in stock. For the longest time it said they would be released 12/15, but I guess they have them now.

To answer your question, I'm pretty sure I'm going with the blue first. It's pretty easy for me to decide what player I want. The last jersey I bought was last September, a Nik Antropov Thrashers. Ever since then, I knew my next jersey was going to be an Evander Kane. So I kinda knew I wanted a Kane jersey for a while. Are you going with a premier or an authentic? The premiers are good quality as I have a bunch, I never felt like dishing out $350 or whatever it is for an authentic. I was debating it because I have some gift cards I need to use which would cut the price down.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Stud

Eric Fehr could potentially be in the lineup tomorrow!
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
    Eric Fehr could potentially be in the lineup tomorrow!
    Fantastic news!

As for the jersey, I'm sure I'll be going for the premier. Money's been very tight for me this year, and in fact, I might wait until Christmas to get one. That'll give me a bit of time to figure out what name to put on the jersey. I think Kane and Bogo would both be great choices.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    Fantastic news!

As for the jersey, I'm sure I'll be going for the premier. Money's been very tight for me this year, and in fact, I might wait until Christmas to get one. That'll give me a bit of time to figure out what name to put on the jersey. I think Kane and Bogo would both be great choices.
    Both would be perfect choices indeed. The only reason why I wouldn't get a Bogo is because I have a Thrashers Bogosian. I bought it the year he got drafted knowing I wouldn't regret it.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Stud

The Jets have activated Eric Fehr from IR!

The addition of Fehr should help the Jets out a lot. I'm excited to see what he brings!
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Stud

The Jets just continually own the Flyers. What a game! The Jets dominated for the better part of the game and won by the final of 6-4 as they continue their streak to three straight wins.

Zach Bogosian was a work horse yet again and logged over 30 minutes time on ice. Goal scoring came from Little (2), Ladd, Slater, Byfuglien, and Antropov.

Little had his second two goal game of the season. He along with basically everybody else had a jump in their game. The Jets had a total of 39 shots on goal.

Byfuglien is starting to turn it up big time. He had a goal and two assists and continues to be hot offensively. He's becoming that dominant fantasy play from last year.

Ladd had a very good game tallying a goal and an assist. Kane had an assist, and both Wheeler and Wellwood and two assists.

As you can see, the Jets have quite a few fantasy relevant players. Wellwood is now the team leader with 15 points, and there are a couple of players with 14.

Everything is starting to look great for this team. They just won three straight home games against three tough opponents, and they've dominated in each game. Now it's time to go back on the road for three straight starting on Wednesday in Washington.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Veteran

Is Ladd going to be a fantasy relevant the rest of this year? I'm debating dropping him in my keeper to make room for prospects to call up (Grabner, Read, etc)
    Yahoo 1 Year Leagues:
    G, A, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 4Bn, 1IR

Dobber Sports Genius

Veritas, it's really hard to say about Ladd. I think it depends largely on the team. I don't see him generating a lot by himself, but the team as a whole looks great right now. He does get a lot of prime ice-time and will continue to get time with quality linemates. I wouldn't drop him for Grabner, but Read could post better numbers by season's end. Hard to gamble on a rookie, though. I might stand pat for a while, but I wouldn't blame you if you went with Read. He's got a ridiculous shot, that's for sure.
    Last edited by CascadeFilly; November 22, 2011 at 1:41 PM.