Page 101 of 105 FirstFirst ... 51 91 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1570

Thread: Winnipeg Jets

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Winnipeg Jets

Jets interested in the other Svech.

Hearing that mutual interest between #NHLJets and UFA F Evgeny Svechnikov has led initially to a Pro Tryout Offer. Svechnikov had a shoulder issue cleaned up in May and the expectation is he should be cleared to play around training camp. Once healthy, look for a two-way deal.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Jets have place Sami Niku on conditional waivers for the purpose of contract termination.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Master

Two embarrassing losses to two teams who should be doormats. How long before Maurice is fired…? Do they let this get to 10 games?

This is the best defensive personnel they’ve had since they made the conference final. I think it’s time…

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Two embarrassing losses to two teams who should be doormats. How long before Maurice is fired…? Do they let this get to 10 games?

This is the best defensive personnel they’ve had since they made the conference final. I think it’s time…
    It’s a joke. Wheeler should be a 3rd liner. Ehlers should be line 1 / PP1. It’s so obvious.

Plus he ruined Niku and is doing the same to Heinola, no opportunity.

I like the Jets and want to see them succeed, but this guy is in the way. Really annoying.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post

I'll tell you what's embarrassing and that's Hellebuyck's play to this point. First two games and he hasn't looked like the Hellebuyck fans have come to expect. 4gs on 22 shots (0.818sv%) in game one. 4gs on 31 shots (0.871 sv%) in game two. Not good. The D in front of him aren't giving him much help either. Sure they have upgraded their D, but the games I've watched, they dont seem to be working too well together. Their special teams are out of whack and Hellebuyck looks human. This all calls for a slow start. It's two games. The NYI are also 0-2 to start the season. Are fans calling for the removal of Barry Trotz? Probably not. Chill out.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I'll tell you what's embarrassing and that's Hellebuyck's play to this point. First two games and he hasn't looked like the Hellebuyck fans have come to expect. 4gs on 22 shots (0.818sv%) in game one. 4gs on 31 shots (0.871 sv%) in game two. Not good. The D in front of him aren't giving him much help either. Sure they have upgraded their D, but the games I've watched, they dont seem to be working too well together. Their special teams are out of whack and Hellebuyck looks human. This all calls for a slow start. It's two games. The NYI are also 0-2 to start the season. Are fans calling for the removal of Barry Trotz? Probably not. Chill out.
    Chill out?

So tell me, Maurice has been head coach since January 2014 - 8 playoffs and 7 full seasons. In that time, with such a loaded team for most of those years, how much success has Maurice had? I’ll tell you:

- 1 conference final
    - 1 conference semi-final
    - 2 losses in 1st round
    - 4 playoff misses

How much rope do you think he should be given?

I’ll tell you what my die-hard Jets fan buddies think, all of whom are super-knowledgeable about the team and the NHL in general: ZERO ROPE, GET HIM OUT OF THERE NOW.

You know who would look really awesome behind the bench in Winnipeg? Lane Lambert, who has bided his time under Trotz. Other candidates: Kirk Muller and Andre Tourigny. All would be excellent replacements.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Chill out?

So tell me, Maurice has been head coach since January 2014 - 8 playoffs and 7 full seasons. In that time, with such a loaded team for most of those years, how much success has Maurice had? I’ll tell you:

- 1 conference final
    - 1 conference semi-final
    - 2 losses in 1st round
    - 4 playoff misses

How much rope do you think he should be given?

I’ll tell you what my die-hard Jets fan buddies think, all of whom are super-knowledgeable about the team and the NHL in general: ZERO ROPE, GET HIM OUT OF THERE NOW.

You know who would look really awesome behind the bench in Winnipeg? Lane Lambert, who has bided his time under Trotz. Other candidates: Kirk Muller and Andre Tourigny. All would be excellent replacements.
    Whats that old saying, the Devil you know vs the one you don't?

His team hasn't always been that good and he's done well with some of the teams Chevy's given him. If Maurice is fired, Chevy should be headed out the door with him.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Whats that old saying, the Devil you know vs the one you don't?

His team hasn't always been that good and he's done well with some of the teams Chevy's given him. If Maurice is fired, Chevy should be headed out the door with him.
    Yeah maybe, but Maurice is a bigger problem than Chevy.

Dobber Sports Deity

Yeah maybe, but Maurice is a bigger problem than Chevy.
    Debatable. I've always liked Maurice and found he's done well with what he's been given most years. One is directly tied to the other as far as I'm concerned.

Dobber Sports Icon

Debatable. I've always liked Maurice and found he's done well with what he's been given most years. One is directly tied to the other as far as I'm concerned.
    Don't get me wrong, I really like Maurice, he's very smart and erudite, and a good person. But with this particular team, he has lost it, his decision-making is atrocious.

On what other team does a guy like Wheeler get this kind of rope - he is a huge liability, everyone knows it, the advanced stats show it, the points are still there because he gets 21+ minutes a night including all of the PP time. That and he plays with Scheifele and Connor, a plug could rack up oints in that environment. I'm not saying he shouldn't see PP time, he should, he still excels there - but not at the expense of an Ehlers who is way more of a threat on the PP than Wheeler will ever be.

And how do you not give opportunity to Samberg, Heinola, Niku, all of whom are/were top prospects? Instead you give playing time to freakin' Beaulieu? Or Jordie Benn last year?

And on that point, I thought Chevy did an excellent job this year to bring in Dillon and Schmidt to solidify the back end. Could have done more but that was a pretty good job.

Dobber Sports Deity

Don't get me wrong, I really like Maurice, he's very smart and erudite, and a good person. But with this particular team, he has lost it, his decision-making is atrocious.

On what other team does a guy like Wheeler get this kind of rope - he is a huge liability, everyone knows it, the advanced stats show it, the points are still there because he gets 21+ minutes a night including all of the PP time. That and he plays with Scheifele and Connor, a plug could rack up oints in that environment. I'm not saying he shouldn't see PP time, he should, he still excels there - but not at the expense of an Ehlers who is way more of a threat on the PP than Wheeler will ever be.

And how do you not give opportunity to Samberg, Heinola, Niku, all of whom are/were top prospects? Instead you give playing time to freakin' Beaulieu? Or Jordie Benn last year?

And on that point, I thought Chevy did an excellent job this year to bring in Dillon and Schmidt to solidify the back end. Could have done more but that was a pretty good job.
    It's two games LOL. He hasn't lost anything other than a couple games at this point.

Wheeler is the Captain and arguably one of this franchises best players. He's earned rope, as has Maurice.

Dobber Sports Icon

It's two games LOL. He hasn't lost anything other than a couple games at this point.

Wheeler is the Captain and arguably one of this franchises best players. He's earned rope, as has Maurice.
    Of course it's only two games this year, but what about last year? It's not like Wheeler has just started to become a liability in October 2021. And Niku and Heinola have been waiting there well before this year...

Dobber Sports Master

Listen. I’ve never said Maurice was a bad coach, but he’s been there a long time. He’s had rope. A lot of the things you mentioned in your first reply can come down to coaching. They’ve changed the personnel but he’s too stubborn about certain players and namely Wheeler.

Look, sometimes it’s time for change. It’s not two games. They got swept to exit the playoffs after sweeping Edmonton. They look out of sorts and some people, mostly ehlers and wheeler, are not in the right roles.

Sometimes it’s time for change and I’m very chill saying it. But sometimes, it’s time.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

The Great One

I’ve said all along Maurice is a bad coach because he is. He may be a great guy, but Winnipeg should have fired him along time ago.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Master

I’ve heard him described as a better interview than he is a coach and I think there’s truth to that. Great speaker but his teams are underperforming. I tend to lay less blame at Chevy because he’s been dealt some serious cards on his blue line in the last few seasons… the Laine thing, was headache for headache…

But I think a fresh voice in this room would settle things. They need to impress a new coach, not please Maurice.