Page 96 of 105 FirstFirst ... 46 86 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1570

Thread: Winnipeg Jets

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Winnipeg Jets

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Sarcasm. Ehlers is a finisher with limited icetime and he's not the prime option on their PP or even on 5on5 when he's on the ice. I def think he's a "finisher"
    Haha ok good good. Yes I agree.

Dobber Sports Master

Man did the team look different without Laine out there. I hope he gets back soon.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Man did the team look different without Laine out there. I hope he gets back soon.
    How is that possible with a killer instinct finisher like Ehlers in the lineup?

This is sarcasm.

Ehlers is not a finisher. To take a page out of the Swingers dialouge - he's like the guy in the PG-13 movie who were really hoping it happens for this time. And he is like Lehkonen. He's much better, but a similar feel to his game. He is a very good player, he's just an above average to average goal scorer. He does not have an elite finish ability.

Laine and Conor are elite finishers with 50 goal potential (82 game season). Ehlers' ceiling is 20-25.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    How is that possible with a killer instinct finisher like Ehlers in the lineup?

This is sarcasm.

Ehlers is not a finisher. To take a page out of the Swingers dialouge - he's like the guy in the PG-13 movie who were really hoping it happens for this time. And he is like Lehkonen. He's much better, but a similar feel to his game. He is a very good player, he's just an above average to average goal scorer. He does not have an elite finish ability.

Laine and Conor are elite finishers with 50 goal potential (82 game season). Ehlers' ceiling is 20-25.
    Finisher and high end goal scorer are different definitions to people.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Great One

Ok.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Titan

Ok.
    I don't think people were arguing that we foresee a 50goal yr from Ehlers if he tweaks something in his game. I don't. But I would say being that consistent 20-25G makes you a finisher, or someone I'd want on the ice to score a goal in the final 2min in a realistic view (no Ovi+Crosby+Matthews+McDavid scenario)
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I don't think people were arguing that we foresee a 50goal yr from Ehlers if he tweaks something in his game. I don't. But I would say being that consistent 20-25G makes you a finisher, or someone I'd want on the ice to score a goal in the final 2min in a realistic view (no Ovi+Crosby+Matthews+McDavid scenario)
    So we're arguing the semantics of finisher.

I guess the discussion was that the Jets were better off with Ehlers on the top line. He's fine I guess.

I looked up "best finisher in the world...
    This was the response I got...
    Who is best finisher in the world?
    MS Dhoni
    MS Dhoni is acknowledged as the greatest finisher that the game of cricket has seen. The former India captain, the only skipper to win all three ICC trophies, has followed a particular blueprint when it came to batting in the death overs.
    So there you go.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Deity

I think he's a solid goal scorer in the league considering he usually plays a secondary scoring role in Winnipeg. He's consistently putting up ~25 goals each season and in this league, that's pretty impressive. There's not too many teams in the NHL that wouldnt love that that type of production from their 2nd line winger. There's not too many that even have it. You can call him a sniper, finisher, closer or whatever you want to call him. I just call a solid NHL point producer and goal scorer. The numbers arent semantic at all.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

FWIW, I agree with tweetdrivr that Ehlers is not a finisher, but I also agree this just seems to be semantics. That doesn't mean Ehlers isn't a great player, he is, but it's not like his shot is his defining characteristic that people point to.

Any news on if Vesalainen might get in anytime soon?

Dobber Sports Star

Most if not all teams would love to have a top 6 as good as Scheifele/Wheeler/Connor/Stastny/Ehlers/Laine. Coach's job to get the most out of them as possible so different combos will be tried.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    FWIW, I agree with tweetdrivr that Ehlers is not a finisher, but I also agree this just seems to be semantics. That doesn't mean Ehlers isn't a great player, he is, but it's not like his shot is his defining characteristic that people point to.

Any news on if Vesalainen might get in anytime soon?

https://twitter.com/WpgJetsPR/status...22740362604551

TRANSACTION: #NHLJets have recalled F - Kristian Vesalainen from the taxi squad.

Thought I'd point out to Tweetdrivr that Ehlers is looking some good too. Very Lehkonen-like with a little more juice LOL!

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    https://twitter.com/WpgJetsPR/status...22740362604551

Thought I'd point out to Tweetdrivr that Ehlers is looking some good too. Very Lehkonen-like with a little more juice LOL!
    Yes - he’s now the second coming of Sidney Crosby. Still only one goal. He’s shouting 21% so far this year. He must also be the second coming of Brett Hull.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Deity

Yes - he’s now the second coming of Sidney Crosby. Still only one goal. He’s shouting 21% so far this year. He must also be the second coming of Brett Hull.
    One goal? I assume you're referring to Lehkonen. Ehlers has a few more than one.

Dobber Sports Master

Big comeback against a terrible defensive squad in the Oilers. Top line quiet but Ehlers and Stastny did all the damage. Copp looked good but boooooy

Did Logan Stanley look like a rookie pressed into service there.. he needs A LOT of seasoning.. lol. It will come but if not for Hellebuyck he could have cost them the game. He certainly had some brutal shifts that cost the Jets a goal.

I’m sure he’ll turn it around but ouf.

The Great One

I meant in last nights game. Against Koskinen. You know...the guy from the KHL the Oilers are stuck with thanks to Chiarelli.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR: