Page 79 of 105 FirstFirst ... 29 69 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 89 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1570

Thread: Winnipeg Jets

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Winnipeg Jets

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    The Jets were enroute to Minny and the Minny airport was closed due to weather so the Jets eventually made it back to Winnipeg and will now leave Sunday morning for their game Sunday night!!
    That kind of sucks. Wonder what that'll do to the team, if anything. No morning skate, I guess?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    That kind of sucks. Wonder what that'll do to the team, if anything. No morning skate, I guess?
    I just hope there is a game tomorrow..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Master

Well, it sure looked like it made a difference... They weren't gonna run the table anyway..

Where the heck is Ehlers? He has to start taking over this series.. Scheifele too. He is way better than this.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Jets will be back!!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Jets deserved it for being idiots toward the end of game 2... hopefully those arrogant brats will learn a valuable lesson from tonight's loss

Dobber Sports Icon

Well that's an ass-whoopin'. I'm not surprised that Minny pushed back hard, you knew they would.

Biggest difference was Dubnyk/Helly (obviously). Hellebuyck just looked off from the start, it looked like he was really having trouble tracking the puck.

Myers down looked really bad, but he was putting weight on both feet going down the tunnel. Would be a big loss.

/edit: Nice troll line blayze, not gonna bite
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Superstar

Only 1 game fellas, Minny is a veteran team, they aren't going to roll over. Jets need to learn from this.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Jets were the #1 home team in the league, Minny was #2.. So this really isn't that surprising.. I'm not biting either blayzer!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Jets were the #1 home team in the league, Minny was #2.. So this really isn't that surprising.. I'm not biting either blayzer!!

I am cheering for the Jets... but I still think it would have been funny if Minny hired some famous fiddler to play the anthems...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

Sure Minny had a solid bounceback game, but the Jets gave them all the ammunition and woke up a defeated opponent. You guys know I'm right.

Boudreau after the skirmish at the end of game 2:
    “It tells me that enough is enough. It’s not a series until you get a hate on for each other and I think that was created toward the end of the game,” said Boudreau. “Not even the fighting, the chirping going on back and forth. It’s a rivalry now.”

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Sure Minny had a solid bounceback game, but the Jets gave them all the ammunition and woke up a defeated opponent. You guys know I'm right.

Boudreau after the skirmish at the end of game 2:
    “It tells me that enough is enough. It’s not a series until you get a hate on for each other and I think that was created toward the end of the game,” said Boudreau. “Not even the fighting, the chirping going on back and forth. It’s a rivalry now.”

Whaaaaaaatever Boudreau....... Minnesota started all that crap at the end of the game anyway.. Sure, the Jets engaged them back and weren't perfectly disciplined, but Minny started all the garbage and they know it..

Hellebuyck looked different after his strap needed fixing from when Morriessey accidentally cut it (on the Parise goal). Minnesota got plenty of luck and Hellebuyck was screened on the Greenway goal. I maintain that we have not seen Ehlers at all and Scheifele is having his worst stretch of the season right now. Minnesota is a capable team and the Jets weren't going to sweep them, but a lot went right for Minnesota and game 4 will be very different. I think. Hellebuyck looked very good on the bench after being pulled. I liked his calm demeanor and he looked to be taking in the moment. He has character. Maurice wasn't fazed either.

If Ehlers wakes up and nets a hat trick next game and MIN loses 6-0, what is Boudreau gonna say then? It's always something.... Gosh, just play hockey and may the best team win. Leave the rhetoric for the locker-room. Nobody outside of it cares (or should).
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Any word on Myers?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Whaaaaaaatever Boudreau....... Minnesota started all that crap at the end of the game anyway.. Sure, the Jets engaged them back and weren't perfectly disciplined, but Minny started all the garbage and they know it..

Hellebuyck looked different after his strap needed fixing from when Morriessey accidentally cut it (on the Parise goal). Minnesota got plenty of luck and Hellebuyck was screened on the Greenway goal. I maintain that we have not seen Ehlers at all and Scheifele is having his worst stretch of the season right now. Minnesota is a capable team and the Jets weren't going to sweep them, but a lot went right for Minnesota and game 4 will be very different. I think. Hellebuyck looked very good on the bench after being pulled. I liked his calm demeanor and he looked to be taking in the moment. He has character. Maurice wasn't fazed either.

If Ehlers wakes up and nets a hat trick next game and MIN loses 6-0, what is Boudreau gonna say then? It's always something.... Gosh, just play hockey and may the best team win. Leave the rhetoric for the locker-room. Nobody outside of it cares (or should).
    As much as I wish rhetoric didn't count, the reality is that it does have an impact. Civilizations have been won or lost on rhetoric. Haven't you seen Gladiator?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Game 4 should be the best game of the series tonight. #bookit
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    As much as I wish rhetoric didn't count, the reality is that it does have an impact. Civilizations have been won or lost on rhetoric. Haven't you seen Gladiator?
    L.M.A.O.

Now, THAT was good. +1

It has no impact but to distract and entertain, which I suppose is the purpose of pro sports anyway... Whether a team beats another comes down to talent, drive, coaching, teamwork and luck. The margins at this level are small and all of that rhetoric is well lost within those margins. I do believe human motivation is capable of great things, but outside of at least the basic amounts and sufficient amounts of talent to accomplish it, it does little else.

Those barbarians in the opening scene were badass, motivated and feisty as hell, but they had stone axes and wooden swords, while the Romans had fireball catapults. I don't know that the speech those dudes hear that morning, or the news article engraved in the stone tablet had as much impact as those catapults..
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin