Page 102 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1570

Thread: Winnipeg Jets

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Winnipeg Jets

Whether it's time or not, or whether you don't like him as a coach or not, I don't expect Maurice to be going anywhere anytime soon. He will most likely make it through the season and if it's a disaster, I can see making a change in the off-season, but if anyone thinks they are going to fire Maurice at this point, you're crazy.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

It’s the National Hockey League, Axe, crazy things happen. It’s all about winning. I frankly expected him to get cut loose after the sweep. This early season to me is his “rope” from that IMO.

I know the loyalty runs deep there, but how much longer do you tolerate underperformance?

We will see, but I think the leash is tighter than you think, and way tighter than anyone likes to let on.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    It’s the National Hockey League, Axe, crazy things happen. It’s all about winning. I frankly expected him to get cut loose after the sweep. This early season to me is his “rope” from that IMO.

I know the loyalty runs deep there, but how much longer do you tolerate underperformance?

We will see, but I think the leash is tighter than you think, and way tighter than anyone likes to let on.
    I agree with the "we will see" part. No doubt crazy things happen. Lets just say if it DOES happen sooner rather than later, I will be surprised by it.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I agree with the "we will see" part. No doubt crazy things happen. Lets just say if it DOES happen sooner rather than later, I will be surprised by it.
    Axe - I don't think anyone is disagreeing that Maurice being fired is unlikely to happen. I think he has some crazy photos of Chevy, or of Mark Chipman or something, he seems iron-clad in terms of job security.

All kidding aside, I do think he's highly regarded in the organization and they are loathe to dump him. And he only signed a contract extension, assumed to be 3 years, in February 2020.

That said, as long as he is there, I think the Jets continue to underachieve. Just my opinion.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Axe - I don't think anyone is disagreeing that Maurice being fired is unlikely to happen. I think he has some crazy photos of Chevy, or of Mark Chipman or something, he seems iron-clad in terms of job security.

All kidding aside, I do think he's highly regarded in the organization and they are loathe to dump him. And he only signed a contract extension, assumed to be 3 years, in February 2020.

That said, as long as he is there, I think the Jets continue to underachieve. Just my opinion.
    Fair enough, and you could be right but I dont know if the roster is strong enough to truly contend for a Cup at this point. Much like a lot of teams, they rely heavily on their goaltending and right now Hellebuyck so far hasn't been great. If Hellebuyck is Hellebuyck two games in, this isn't even a discussion today. Like a lot of teams they are a two line team with an "ok" 3rd line and a non-existent 4th line. I like their D but I dont love their D and we've already discussed Hellebuyck.

I dont think they are nearly as good as some want to believe they are. Not sure a different coach makes enough of a difference to this franchise to want to pay two of them at the same time.

Dobber Sports Icon

So Wheeler is on the Covid protocol list and not practicing today.

So what does Maurice do? He puts Riley Nash on PP1 to replace Wheeler. Not Ehlers, not Perfetti. Riley freaking Nash.

Now it is practice, but who would be shocked if this happens in game?

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Dobber Sports Master

Jets just don’t seem hungry and it goes back to their slide at the end of last year. Sure the roster may not be as much as a world beater than it’s talked up to be, but a top 4 that includes Morrissey, Pionk and Schmidt should be better than this. It’s “how” they’ve looked, not just the losses.

A fresh perspective and fresh system would help a lot and it may free ehlers to finally play with connor and scheifele. Put Dubois with stastny and wheeler and accept that that trio gets caved in anyway.. and let the fastest players do their thing together.

They need a push in the rear end and I just don’t think Maurice can give them that push anymore.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    And how do you not give opportunity to Samberg, Heinola, Niku, all of whom are/were top prospects? Instead you give playing time to freakin' Beaulieu? Or Jordie Benn last year?
    This sort of thing is on the GM. If you have young players who should get playing time, you don't bring in low-end veterans to take away playing time.

I feel that the GM is a slightly bigger problem, and that that move should happen first.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Master

Oh boy Connor is wearing that one last night… I kinda hate those close icing calls on video review anyway (it wasn’t material to the empty net goal….) but rules are rules and you gotta close them out.

Not looking good in the Peg.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Oh boy Connor is wearing that one last night… I kinda hate those close icing calls on video review anyway (it wasn’t material to the empty net goal….) but rules are rules and you gotta close them out.

Not looking good in the Peg.
    Could be worse. You could be a Habs fan.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Could be worse. You could be a Habs fan.
    Lol I am. Winnipeg was my escape and gives me a chance to watch (once upon a time) a better and more fun team for the late games haha.

They were a lot better last night but defensively it’s the same old. Personnel changes always require adjustment, but they still didn’t look that hard to play against. This is a far cry from the entertaining team that made it to the conference final just a few years ago.

They need a quick turnaround. I see them as a better team than this. Was great to see Ehlers with Scheifele though.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Icon

The Paul Maurice shitshow continues.

In the words of one of my best buds, and a hugely knowledgeable Jets fan:

“Jets will look back at that game later in the season as a three point swing game. Maurice needs to pack his bags.

To put a guy like nash on pp1 is insane. Absolutely the least talented forward on the ice.”

Anyone disagree?

Dobber Sports Master

Don’t disagree even if it was a message to one of his players.

Last night was obvious that they need that jolt. Connor cost them the game and didn’t even look like he cared; postgame comments weren’t even about that.

I think they’ve done well to stick with Maurice through thin and thick and thin again, but I really do think it’s time for a fresh look. The PP looks stale, PK looks timid, in-zone coverage looks lost.. that’s enough of a sign for me and it’s been a season and a half of this. It’s time. Maybe give Luke Richardson his shot, don’t think the Habs would stand in the way even if they don’t want to lose him.

Dobber Sports Titan

Scheif has COVID.

Sorry, placed in COVID Protocol.

On Thursday, the Jets confirmed that Scheifele was asymptomatic after receiving a positive test, and has since returned a negative test. Scheifele will receive a third test before Thursday's game and if that is also negative, he could still play against the Ducks.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Scheif has COVID.

Sorry, placed in COVID Protocol.

So Wheeler and Scheifele out?

Maurice: “Vesalainen, Harkins, you’re up on line 1 and PP1 with Connor tonight.”

Ehlers: ��