Page 87 of 105 FirstFirst ... 37 77 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 97 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1570

Thread: Winnipeg Jets

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Winnipeg Jets

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Agree to disagree.
    He’s a bad coach? How does a “bad” coach get to coach 1,500 career games? He may not be your favourite and I wonder myself if he can get them to a cup final, but he’s not a “bad” coach. Barry Melrose was a “bad” coach. Maurice Richard and Wayne Gretzky were “bad” coaches. Maurice is a very capable coach.

The Great One

Yep. Great coach. He should probably get fired for this craptastic 1st round exit. We’ll see if it happens.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Deity

He very well might get the axe after this although I don't think it's deserving. Much like Jon Cooper, when you lead your team to a fantastic regular season, you are clearly doing something right. There is only ONE coach who wins the whole thing each year so it's not an easy thing to do. You know what else isn't easy to do; find a good coach that can lead your team. I believe Paul Maurice is a good coach who does not deserve to get fired after their 1st round exit. They were just unlucky to play one of the hottest teams coming down the stretch in the 1st round.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

It’s like analytics to me. He passes the “eyeball” test. He’s had some success in the regular season, he seems like a solid guy. But when you look deeper at player deployment, system, player discipline it beomces clear (to me) that he is not a good coach. When things really get serious in the post season he is unable to make the adjustments and think the game at that higher level. I think he gets fired and I think he deserves to get fired. This roster is excellent and needs a coach who can get the most out of them.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    It’s like analytics to me. He passes the “eyeball” test. He’s had some success in the regular season, he seems like a solid guy. But when you look deeper at player deployment, system, player discipline it beomces clear (to me) that he is not a good coach. When things really get serious in the post season he is unable to make the adjustments and think the game at that higher level. I think he gets fired and I think he deserves to get fired. This roster is excellent and needs a coach who can get the most out of them.
    With this train of thought, 90% of the coaches in the NHL should be out of a job.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Note I said the Jets have an excellent roster. That’s not something 90% of coaches have available. Many coaches do more than one would expect from a given roster...like Claude Julien or Barry Trotz this year. If a guy gets hired to coach in the National Hockey League he’s a dynamic and impressive individual. No argument there. But some guys are better than others at the job and I don’t think Maurice is a very good coach at the NHL level. His results in the playoffs prove it. This Jets roster can and should go further and they need a new coach to achieve that in my opinion.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Ninja

Maurice is done. Massive disappointment for a roster that stacked.

Dobber Sports Pro

Also, Ehlers and Laine were hurt. Hayes was kind of useless although I see he only averaged 12 minutes per game which is odd considering he was a key deadline acquisition. Maurice will probably take the fall though, as they had high expectations this year.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    With this train of thought, 90% of the coaches in the NHL should be out of a job.
    90% of coaches in the NHL got their job through nepotism, so objectively this is probably true.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    90% SHOULD be out of a job imo... NHL is the worst professional sports league when it comes to sticking stubbornly to irrelevant traditions and old school thinking (which includes recycling the same coaches decade after decade)

It won't change until ownership changes.

Administrator

A few coaches make a big difference but most of them are different shades of interchangeable. I don't think teams know what to look for to fill positions in their organization. They just kind of do it and hope it works out while friends get paid. (Maybe this post should go in the Edmonton thread)

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Genius

Maurice isn't going anywhere. Chevy and co. are slow to move on, and Wheeler was very vocal in his support of Maurice in the year end-media conference.

I think Trouba's done on this roster. I suspect he was quietly a source of contention this season, as there were rumours of things being not so great between Buff and Trouba toward the end of the year. He wants to be the guy and doesn't want to take a backseat to Buff, who is clearly a better player. So is Morrissey for that matter. I hope Chevy's able to move him for a true second line center, then sign Myers to another contract and see how some of the young guys fair on the bottom pairing (Poolman, Niku). Trouba's good, but he doesn't want to be here, and he doesn't know his place in the pecking order. Time to move on.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    Maurice isn't going anywhere. Chevy and co. are slow to move on, and Wheeler was very vocal in his support of Maurice in the year end-media conference.

I think Trouba's done on this roster. I suspect he was quietly a source of contention this season, as there were rumours of things being not so great between Buff and Trouba toward the end of the year. He wants to be the guy and doesn't want to take a backseat to Buff, who is clearly a better player. So is Morrissey for that matter. I hope Chevy's able to move him for a true second line center, then sign Myers to another contract and see how some of the young guys fair on the bottom pairing (Poolman, Niku). Trouba's good, but he doesn't want to be here, and he doesn't know his place in the pecking order. Time to move on.
    None of that explains the top line's disappearing act this series. That's on Maurice.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    None of that explains the top line's disappearing act this series. That's on Maurice.
    I'm not defending Maurice. My opinion of the job he's done doesn't matter. He isn't going anywhere, unless something crazy happens next season.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

The top line not showing up and getting outplayed is on the coach, not the players? Whew, that’s one of the hottest taeks I’ve seen in a while.