Page 86 of 105 FirstFirst ... 36 76 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 96 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1570

Thread: Winnipeg Jets

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Winnipeg Jets

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Hopefully he's just under the weather but Helle is not practicing this morning and Comrie was called up on an emergency basis. Maurice is expected to speak to the media shortly.
    D'oh! Brossoit hasn't looked great in his last few starts.

I'm curious to see how Hayes looks between Connor and Ehlers. Perreault wasn't a good fit.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Connor Hellebuyck is ill today so he will not play or backup tonight vs NSH. Laurent Brossoit will start and Eric Comrie is en route from the MB Moose.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Has he been ill all season?

Dobber Sports Master

Great game last night; statement game. The whole team was flying and all lines looked great. A couple more like this and the team will start rolling. They will really miss Morrissey but Beaulieu looked ok in this audition.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Great game last night; statement game. The whole team was flying and all lines looked great. A couple more like this and the team will start rolling. They will really miss Morrissey but Beaulieu looked ok in this audition.
    Agreed, and the Connor-Hayes-Ehlers line generated offense every time they were on the ice.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    Agreed, and the Connor-Hayes-Ehlers line generated offense every time they were on the ice.
    They have been pretty good so far. Weird loss last night but Helly took one off the mask and it changed the game. Jets continue to get into penalty trouble. I hope they can get a handle on that soon. Been impressed with Beaulieu. Scheifele seems to be fighting it a little.

The Great One

I will say I’m not a die hard Jets fan but I see that the problems there begin and end with Maurice. One need look no further than Laine’s season. That’s your job Paul. Get through to your players, get the most out of them, put them in a position to succeed and make your team better. Epic fail. He should have been fired in January. The penalty issue is his fault too. He’s just not a sharp guy. This dynamic roster is wasted on him.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Veteran

Tell me about Trouba. His freshman season was wonderful, then not really much for a while. But this year getting some pp he’s got me thinking again he could be great (but I still think he is being traded). Will he always be the good d guy who doesn’t get much pp, or will it continue?

The Great One

His recent uptick in PP production is probably due to injuries to Buff and Morrisey. I believe he is behind them on the PP depth chart. The Jets are just a good deep team and he’s a part of that. I don’t think he’ll ever be a Burns or Rielly. Perhaps on another team. He’s a solid contributor in multi-cat leagues and is a great #2/3 fantasy D. I don’t know that he’ll ever be more.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Prodigy

What is the deal with Connor Hellebuyck? I would say what the F...., Hellebuyck in a rhyming way, but hell. Are these numbers the new normal for him (i.e. was last year an aberration)?

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Krysmo View Post
    What is the deal with Connor Hellebuyck? I would say what the F...., Hellebuyck in a rhyming way, but hell. Are these numbers the new normal for him (i.e. was last year an aberration)?
    Goalies are a funny bird. You never know what you will get sometimes. Craig Anderson has been known to have one good year then a bad one, then a good one, and a bad one..... you see where I am going with Anderson. Maybe Hellebuyck turns out the same way. Maybe next year he's lights out. Who knows. He was playing for a new contract last year too. Lots of questions and not many answers. Sorry.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Krysmo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Goalies are a funny bird. You never know what you will get sometimes. Craig Anderson has been known to have one good year then a bad one, then a good one, and a bad one..... you see where I am going with Anderson. Maybe Hellebuyck turns out the same way. Maybe next year he's lights out. Who knows. He was playing for a new contract last year too. Lots of questions and not many answers. Sorry.
    Axeman came here and said everything I was going to say.

1) Goalies are volatile

2) I see a pattern forming (918, 907, 924, 909) and (2.34, 2.89, 2.36, 3.01)

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Axeman came here and said everything I was going to say.

1) Goalies are volatile

2) I see a pattern forming (918, 907, 924, 909) and (2.34, 2.89, 2.36, 3.01)
    Until they get a coach who is an “x’s and o’s” guy they’ll be all over the place.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Master

Maurice is a good coach. You don’t get that kind of coaching longevity by being that bad. I’ve wondered myself if this is as far as he can take them. A more defensive minded coach might help but I see a team that needs to learn a few lessons since their team D has been atrocious all year. It was last year to an extent but Hellebuyck saved them. He’s faced the most shots of any goalie in the league. That should tell you what the jets need to fix. Maybe another staff is the answer. They might be too buddy buddy with Maurice. This is one of the youngest rosters in the nhl. Maybe they need another coach to grow up.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Maurice is a good coach...
    Agree to disagree.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR: