Thread: Welcome to the Dobber Nation Open Thread!

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Welcome to the Dobber Nation Open Thread!

Dear citizens of Dobber Nation--

I'd really like to hear what you think about the Dobber Nation radio show. Dobber set us up with a stickied thread so that you can voice and vent about what you like, don't like, or want to have on the podcast.

This spot is for whatever comments you may have --- compliments, questions, concerns, rage-filled vitriol --- about the show. It's also a place for you to request and suggest a guest, topic, or feature for the show.

Hoping to hear what you've got to say, and with your thoughts we can make sure that Dobber Nation keeps getting better every month.

..and I feel I need to justify my dubious post count --- I'm a long, long-time lurker of the forums. I finally took the plunge and got an account though .. and will take the ensuing hit in credibility :P

edit: And I should probably mention that the June edition of Dobber Nation is a draft preview edition-- and it's out now! We've got Dobber, Bugg, and a scout for the Nashville Predators lined up to share their wisdom with you.

Last edited by BK_DobberNation; June 23, 2011 at 12:00 AM.

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

Awesome stuff BK!

Look forward to the draft edition, I'll be sure to give you my feedback.
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

This is great! Pardon my ignorance, is the show only streamed online? or on Xm Sat or something?

I've always wanted to listen live....help a dummy out.
    @SmittysRant

Banned

Guests I would like to see on the show:

Shea Weber
    Pekka Rinne
    Ryan Suter
    Cody Franson
    Jordin Tootoo
    Steve Sullivan
    Colin Wilson
    Cal O'Reilly
    Anders Lindback
    Martin Erat
    Barry Trotz
    David Poile
    Mike Fisher
    Carrie Underwood

to name a few

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

I second this!

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post

Shea Weber
    Pekka Rinne
    Ryan Suter
    Cody Franson
    Jordin Tootoo
    Steve Sullivan
    Colin Wilson
    Cal O'Reilly
    Anders Lindback
    Martin Erat
    Barry Trotz
    David Poile
    Mike Fisher
    Carrie Underwood

to name a few
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Only if you have video feed to go along with carrie underwood.

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    This is great! Pardon my ignorance, is the show only streamed online? or on Xm Sat or something?

I've always wanted to listen live....help a dummy out.
    Hey dummy (30 Rock, anyone?)-- actually, it's kind of tough to find on the site right now. It comes in podcast form, and you can just click the link in my sig below to get to the show page (and from there, there's a link to subscribe to iTunes so you don't have to check every month). Get back to me with your thoughts once you've had a listen!

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post

Shea Weber
    Pekka Rinne
    Ryan Suter
    Cody Franson
    Jordin Tootoo
    Steve Sullivan
    Colin Wilson
    Cal O'Reilly
    Anders Lindback
    Martin Erat
    Barry Trotz
    David Poile
    Mike Fisher
    Carrie Underwood

to name a few
    Ok, so I'll keep that in mind... -- but hopefully Jason Bukala's interview this month helped you get your Preds fix for the time being. Let me know what you thought of it.

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Only if you have video feed to go along with carrie underwood.
    What would you want me to ask her? And you can't say her phone number, because I'd already have it.
    Dobber Nation - new episodes released on the 25th of every month!
    ->Suggest a guest, topic, or question at the Dobber Nation Open Thread.
    ->@BK_DobberNation

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BK_DobberNation View Post
    Hey dummy (30 Rock, anyone?)-- actually, it's kind of tough to find on the site right now. It comes in podcast form, and you can just click the link in my sig below to get to the show page (and from there, there's a link to subscribe to iTunes so you don't have to check every month). Get back to me with your thoughts once you've had a listen!

Ok, so I'll keep that in mind... -- but hopefully Jason Bukala's interview this month helped you get your Preds fix for the time being. Let me know what you thought of it.

What would you want me to ask her? And you can't say her phone number, because I'd already have it.
    I haven't listened to the latest one yet, cause like you say... it's kind of hard to find on the site, but I'll check it out.

Ask Carrie, if Mike can give her a hallpass for a weekend hahahaha

No seriously tho, ask her if Mike and her want to go out for dinner with me and my wife !

Or if that don't work, maybe some insight on players wifes, and the things they do during hockey season

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Well telling her Fisher is a bum and that'd she'd be better off single until she meets me would be a good start...

I...am your father.

We've fixed the Dobber Nation page, and it will also have a good home on dobbersports.com
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Dobber - any chance you are looking at saving/archiving those live chats from the entry draft? That first session was remarkable - I left my computer once to make coffee - didn't want to miss a thing.

As far as the podcasts go, BK - not sure how I could ask for more. I enjoy them thoroughly - asking for more or different would simply be selfish on my part.
    Last edited by Shoeless; June 25, 2011 at 4:03 AM.

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Dobber - any chance you are looking at saving/archiving those live chats from the entry draft? That first session was remarkable - I left my computer once to make coffee - didn't want to miss a thing.

As far as the podcasts go, BK - not sure how I could ask for more. I enjoy them thoroughly - asking for more or different would simply be selfish on my part.
    You can replay the live drafts for both days-- day 1 is here, and day 2 is still up on the main page for now.

Thanks for the comments-- and you can be as selfish as you like if anything does come to mind, but just keep your expectations tempered
    ->@BK_DobberNation

Dobber Sports Demi-God

You can replay the live drafts for both days-- day 1 is here, and day 2 is still up on the main page for now.

Thanks for the comments-- and you can be as selfish as you like if anything does come to mind, but just keep your expectations tempered
    Alright then - how about interviewing Jensen on being selected by the Canucks.

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Alright then - how about interviewing Jensen on being selected by the Canucks.
    OK!, I'll see what I can do-- I'm certainly going to try and have a draftee on sometime this summer.
    ->@BK_DobberNation