Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mika Zibanejad

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Mika Zibanejad

Haven't came across any threads specifically for Mika so I thought I would start this one to discuss or post anything relevant to prospect Mika Zibanejad

To start...

Q & A with Mika Zibanejad

The Great One

I find him very intriguing...he really has made a name for himself the last few months and has, I think, solidified his spot in the top 10. At one point we were talking about this draft as a top 8 draft, and now with Zibanejad I believe it is a top 9 draft.

RNH
    Huberdeau
    Landeskog
    Larsson
    Couturier
    Hamilton
    Strome
    Murphy
    Zibanejad

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Zibanejad is such an enigma. One of the most intriguing prospects for me in this years draft class. I think he's very boom/bust, either becomes a star or a 3rd line C.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I can't see Boston going F at #9. They need some help on the back end. Armia seems to be a great fit at #10 for Minnesota who prizes talented Finns like Koivu and Granlund. Colorado could nab him at #11 but Bartschi looks awfully tempting there as well. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out on Draft Day, for sure!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Zibanejad is such an enigma. One of the most intriguing prospects for me in this years draft class. I think he's very boom/bust, either becomes a star or a 3rd line C.
    I get this feeling too dyz and depending on which team drafts him, I will be cheering for him to succeed or fail

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    3rd line centre is not a bust at all. Bust is never making the NHL.

Dobber Sports Guru

a few posts about him in this thread:

http://www.dobberhockey.com/index.ph...d.php&t=101884

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by maya has the knife View Post
    I can't see Boston going F at #9. They need some help on the back end. Armia seems to be a great fit at #10 for Minnesota who prizes talented Finns like Koivu and Granlund. Colorado could nab him at #11 but Bartschi looks awfully tempting there as well. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out on Draft Day, for sure!
    I don't necessarily think Zibanejad goes 9th, but I think he has made it into the same discussion as the other 8 players. I think Boston will grab a dman, if they can. If Murphy, Larsson, and Hamilton are all gone, there are two other dmen they might consider grabbing, I think.

I do agree that Armia in Minny seems like a great fit and Bartschi is another good candidate to go in the 10-15 range.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    3rd line centre is not a bust at all. Bust is never making the NHL.
    Bust may not be the right word, but if you draft someone in the top 10, you hope he doesn't turn into a 3rd or 4th line player. If he does, I'd say you'd be very disappointed.

I know many top 10 draftees become very good 3rd and 4th liners (and many are legit busts who never play), but I have to believe teams hope for more with their top 10 picks.

Dobber Sports Guru

in that other thread somebody copied the post on him on the bruin draft watch blog... and i see "Style Compares to: Jeff Carter".

really? how do people come up with these comparisons?

i think as upside you could put him down as a Zetterberg type (assuming patient and thorough development), and the lower end a guy like TJ Oshie (who may end up settling as a 3rd line C/W after all is said and done).

and then, as Big Ev says, he could actually bust.

Banned

I agree, but other teams will pick him because they may say that at worst he will be a quality third liner, whereas other guys may not be able to even skate in the NHL if they hit their downside. I think Zibanejad is a safe NHL draft pick.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by ultrawhiteness View Post
    in that other thread somebody copied the post on him on the bruin draft watch blog... and i see "Style Compares to: Jeff Carter".

really? how do people come up with these comparisons?

i think as upside you could put him down as a Zetterberg type (assuming patient and thorough development), and the lower end a guy like TJ Oshie (who may end up settling as a 3rd line C/W after all is said and done).

and then, as Big Ev says, he could actually bust.
    He plays more like Carter than like Zetterberg at this point in his career. How his development will continue is another matter of course, but the style comparison is definitely there.
    GO WINGS!

Banned

I would say he's a leaner, less-ripped Landeskog. The Sens had him in town and the head scout was raving about him.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I guess that works too :P At the end of the day, I'm hoping that Mika turns into something like Mats, another Djurgarden player

Right now I have the 9th pick and Zibanejad is my main target, along with Bartschi.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by sentium View Post
    I guess that works too :P At the end of the day, I'm hoping that Mika turns into something like Mats, another Djurgarden player

Right now I have the 9th pick and Zibanejad is my main target, along with Bartschi.
    Pretty good targets. Rather have Zibanejad than Bartschi though the latter's work ethic is very appealing.