Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Coverage 2011 NHL MOCK DRAFT Selection Thread

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default CBJ pick

I just got my internet tonight... I'll make it short because I'm moving and I'm surrounded by boxes and bags...

The Colombus Blue Jackets are proud to select...

From the Kitchener Rangers, Ryan Murphy!

We feel that this is the guy we need and we think he is gonna fix our problems on the powerplay for the next 10 years. On top of that, we feel we just got a future NHL all-star. With Ryan Johansen last year, we got our #1 C, now we just got our #1 D.

He has high end vision and hockey IQ and can make great passes. He skates well, has a great shot and he's getting better and better on the defensive side. Many people think that he's not ready for the NHL right now, but let me tell you that he's gonna get a long look in camp...

Dobber Sports Master

fun draft so far: a couple picks that strayed away from the consensus mock drafts, but nice to hear the reasoning. Can't wait until Toronto is up!
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Guru

love the picks, love the free thinking. if there is a almost a guarantee, it's that the draft won't go exactly the same way as the consensus mock!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by martmart View Post
    I just got my internet tonight... I'll make it short because I'm moving and I'm surrounded by boxes and bags...

The Colombus Blue Jackets are proud to select...

From the Kitchener Rangers, Ryan Murphy!

We feel that this is the guy we need and we think he is gonna fix our problems on the powerplay for the next 10 years. On top of that, we feel we just got a future NHL all-star. With Ryan Johansen last year, we got our #1 C, now we just got our #1 D.

He has high end vision and hockey IQ and can make great passes. He skates well, has a great shot and he's getting better and better on the defensive side. Many people think that he's not ready for the NHL right now, but let me tell you that he's gonna get a long look in camp...
    Fantastic pick, if CBJ gets the chance to take him they surely will take Murphy or Dougie Hamilton.
    Last edited by dmvincent; June 14, 2011 at 3:25 AM.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Icon

With the 9th overall pick in the 2011 NHL Entry draft, the Boston Bruins are proud to select... Defenseman, Jamie Oleksiak.

Player Bio
    Jamie Oleksiak
    Defenceman
    6'7, 240 lbs
    Born: 12/22/1992, Toronto, ONT
    Shoots Left

Reasoning
    Oleksiak's size and physical style make him a Bruins type player. We feel that with a few years seasoning in the AHL, he will be ready to step in to fill Chara's skates as Big Z ages. His speed, agility and puck skills are already at an elite level. With some coaching from the best big man to ever play the game, we feel Oleksiak has the talent to become an elite defenseman in the NHL.

Oleksiak counts Chara among his idols saying this about him:
    "Zdeno Chara is the kind of guy that I think I'd like to pattern myself after. He's a big, physical defenseman that can shut down the other team, but also can make an impact in both the neutral and offensive zones by getting hard shots to the net, making smart plays and getting the puck to the forwards. I think he plays a steady, impactful game and I'd like to be able to do the same."
    Besides, can you imagine our blue line with these two patrolling it in a couple of years?
    We also couldn't resist sticking in one last shot at the Maple Leafs by drafting a hometown boy.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Icon

There ya go Dean, how's that for an off-the-board pick?
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Not that farfetched but picking him over Hamilton? Gutsy
    Oleksiak is a punishing checker with some offensive talent to boot, looks like a good player to me. I'm rooting for Dougie because I know the Hamilton family personally, I was really happy to see the Sharks take Freddie last year. I know they'll do well, but it will be a wait.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

The Great One

interesting draft so far...looking forward to my pick. I have someone in mind and am hoping he makes it all the way to my spot.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Thanks 4T2, I see that you didn't pick the guy you originally sent me

There's always a few players who fall and who rise so I am glad that guys are making gutsy picks....

This is fun!

Minnesota has just been emailed and Patrick will get back to me as soon as he can

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default The Minnesota Wild select ...

Selecting for the Minnesota Wild is one of my colleagues, Patrick Kearns from The Hockey Writers @THWpkearns

With the 10th overall pick the Wild select defenseman Dougie Hamilton from the Niagara IceDogs.

Wild's Rationale
    Dougie Hamilton is clearly BPA at this point and will anchor the MIN blue line for years. He is a big bruising defensman with a strong offensive upside.

He was highly impressive at the NHL Draft combine, measuring in at almost 6' 7" with impressive physical attributes.

I was a believer in MIN needing to go forward here but when a prospect like this falls into your lap its a no brainer. I have him going 4th to the devils in my mock, and believe he will not fall out of the top 5.

With the chance Burns might bolt in a year the Wild will need to find the defenseman of the future, and I believe Hamilton is just that.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by dmvincent View Post
    Not that farfetched but picking him over Hamilton? Gutsy
    Oleksiak is a punishing checker with some offensive talent to boot, looks like a good player to me. I'm rooting for Dougie because I know the Hamilton family personally, I was really happy to see the Sharks take Freddie last year. I know they'll do well, but it will be a wait.
    Yea definitely gutsy especially with Hamilton's new measurements. But great to see some gutsy picks.

Banned

Actually, they have corrected Hamilton's combine height. He is 6'4.5". They screwed up the first time around.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Actually, they have corrected Hamilton's combine height. He is 6'4.5". They screwed up the first time around.
    he's a shrimp

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Ah, thanks!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Colorado/V0A has surpassed his time limit. Shall we move on? Or wait for him to come online?

I see that Carolina/Kudelskis Krushers isn't online either so he wouldn't be picking right away anyways.
    Last edited by Dean Youngblood; June 14, 2011 at 12:36 PM.